LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Back before Internet there was catalogs
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=50849
Page 1 of 1

Author:  tommudd [ Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Back before Internet there was catalogs

Was digging through my Library and found several older Off Road catalogs
Many may know Richard Cepek tires but did you know they had an Off Road store and was one of the main places to buy "Off Road" tires and wheels. They were great people to deal with back in the day.
Back to 1976 , I had an older one but its all torn up and greasy looking
Image
Image
Image

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Back before Internet there was catalogs

:shock: Them are older then me :ROTFL:

Thanks for the history lesson Tom!

Wonder if they would still honor that price :ROTFL:

Author:  ridenby [ Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Back before Internet there was catalogs

Loved looking at Richard Cepek catalog,that was when Big Foot was on 36in tires, !200/15 Gumbo mudders were the bad boys,International dealer was open 24hrs and had every Scout part you ever wanted.

Richard??? his name is Richard,my name is Richard,what is your problem with that??

Author:  tan's2002kjlimited [ Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Back before Internet there was catalogs

Diggerfreek wrote:
:shock: Them are older then me :ROTFL:
Thanks for the history lesson Tom!
Wonder if they would still honor that price :ROTFL:


And both Tom and I were out of High School already.... :goink:

Author:  TAHOE [ Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Back before Internet there was catalogs

I remember when my Dad ran those rhino type mud/snow bias ply tires on his truck in the 70's. They would shake your teeth out after sittin gfor a bit..... he never got stuck though!
Mounting and balancing... $6

Author:  oddball [ Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Back before Internet there was catalogs

tan's2002kjlimited wrote:
Diggerfreek wrote:
:shock: Them are older then me :ROTFL:
Thanks for the history lesson Tom!
Wonder if they would still honor that price :ROTFL:


And both Tom and I were out of High School already.... :goink:

You guys are friggin' old. :grim:

I was class of '76. And remember those Cepek catalogs.

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Back before Internet there was catalogs

Rumor has it Tom is way older then that.... Like Highlander old :grim:

Author:  TAHOE [ Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Back before Internet there was catalogs

Did they have rubber tires yet back in Tom's day??? :goink: :goink: :mrgreen:

Author:  tan's2002kjlimited [ Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Back before Internet there was catalogs

TAHOE wrote:
Did they have rubber tires yet back in Tom's day??? :goink: :goink: :mrgreen:

I don't know....you tell me....

Image

Image

Author:  Lancer [ Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Back before Internet there was catalogs

Nothing quite like the simple pleasure of browsing through a good catalogue with a mug of tea :D

Author:  tommudd [ Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Back before Internet there was catalogs

So true, still like to do that on a rainy afternoon! :wink:

Author:  wecwbe [ Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Back before Internet there was catalogs

oddball wrote:
tan's2002kjlimited wrote:
Diggerfreek wrote:
:shock: Them are older then me :ROTFL:
Thanks for the history lesson Tom!
Wonder if they would still honor that price :ROTFL:


And both Tom and I were out of High School already.... :goink:

You guys are friggin' old. :grim:

I was class of '76. And remember those Cepek catalogs.


Not sure I should admit this, but I remember that exact catalog. That was back when I was looking forward to owning a Jeep somdeday. Somehow it didn't seem crazy to look through a catalog of things that would fit on a vehickle you didn't have yet. :D

Author:  durangotang [ Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Back before Internet there was catalogs

That catalog just may have the aftermarket rack that's on the back on my '46. I was told it was ordered from there... any chance you could peek?

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/