| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Wanna see my wood? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=50854 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | KJ 119 [ Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Wanna see my wood? |
Took my lil cousin Rhonda(14),on a canoe trip from Warnerton to Franklinton.Her Dad started taking me there since I was nine.We were on the Bogue Chitto river.There were many gravel beaches along our solid 9 hour trip. Here's the petrified wood I found along the way. The pile to the left(47 pieces) was two weeks ago.Two solid 8 hour days of beach combing only beaches accessible by vehicle. The pile on the right(58) was Saturday.4 hours of beach combing(5 hours of paddling) on beaches accessible by canoe. ![]() ![]()
|
|
| Author: | Diggerfreek [ Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wanna see my wood? |
Nice collection |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wanna see my wood? |
I can hear those dueling banjos during your canoe trip.....and in the distance, a pig is squealing.
|
|
| Author: | tan's2002kjlimited [ Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:18 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wanna see my wood? |
Tokyojoe wrote: I can hear those dueling banjos during your canoe trip.....and in the distance, a pig is squealing. ![]() That wasn't a pig, it was the spirit of Ned Beatty!
|
|
| Author: | BVCRD [ Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wanna see my wood? |
^ I was thinking the same thing!! LOL |
|
| Author: | KJ 119 [ Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wanna see my wood? |
You guys are bad.Diggerfreek wrote: Nice collection This is just a mere fraction of my collection.I've got several shoeboxes full. Also got a few nice big slabs and a petrified tree trunk.All from the Bogue Chitto River. |
|
| Author: | Diggerfreek [ Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wanna see my wood? |
KJ 119 wrote: :ROTFL: You guys are bad. Diggerfreek wrote: Nice collection This is just a mere fraction of my collection.I've got several shoeboxes full. Also got a few nice big slabs and a petrified tree trunk.All from the Bogue Chitto River. Nice! One of these days when it warms up, I'll take a picture of my rock garden... |
|
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wanna see my wood? |
Nice floors, but why are all the rocks blocking the view? |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|