| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| You Dropped Food on the Floor Do You Eat It? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51229 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | kapalczynski [ Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | You Dropped Food on the Floor Do You Eat It? |
Saw this and had to share...
|
|
| Author: | Diggerfreek [ Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: You Dropped Food on the Floor Do You Eat It? |
|
|
| Author: | BVCRD [ Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: You Dropped Food on the Floor Do You Eat It? |
5 second rule. Many years ago, I once ate food out of a dump. Rats aren't bad either. |
|
| Author: | linewarbr [ Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:05 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: You Dropped Food on the Floor Do You Eat It? |
BVCRD wrote: 5 second rule. Many years ago, I once ate food out of a dump. Rats aren't bad either. Please, please post that you were "in-country" and had no choice when you did that. Please. |
|
| Author: | BVCRD [ Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:20 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: You Dropped Food on the Floor Do You Eat It? |
linewarbr wrote: BVCRD wrote: 5 second rule. Many years ago, I once ate food out of a dump. Rats aren't bad either. Please, please post that you were "in-country" and had no choice when you did that. Please. OK, some more of my entertaining stories for your viewing pleasure. Yes, we were dirt poor, I was working at Silver Dollar City making $3.25 an hour, wife was bigtime prego. We were at the local dump gathering aluminum cans to go sell. On a good day, we could make as much as $75 which was like winning the lottery back then. The grocery store had apparently got there before we did, and I came across some chips, cookies and other items that they had tossed because they were out of date. Well, we took some home and ate them. Poor people have poor ways. Those times seem like a lifetime away, and I am glad we never did have to eat dump food again. Now, my wife is a school administrator and is well known and accepted withing the CDE community. I did find a bear skin rug once that someone had thrown out. I cut off the claws and saved them. |
|
| Author: | linewarbr [ Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: You Dropped Food on the Floor Do You Eat It? |
BVCRD wrote: OK, some more of my entertaining stories for your viewing pleasure. Yes, we were dirt poor, I was working at Silver Dollar City making $3.25 an hour, wife was bigtime prego. We were at the local dump gathering aluminum cans to go sell. On a good day, we could make as much as $75 which was like winning the lottery back then. The grocery store had apparently got there before we did, and I came across some chips, cookies and other items that they had tossed because they were out of date. Well, we took some home and ate them. Poor people have poor ways. Those times seem like a lifetime away, and I am glad we never did have to eat dump food again. Now, my wife is a school administrator and is well known and accepted withing the CDE community. I did find a bear skin rug once that someone had thrown out. I cut off the claws and saved them. I've been to Silver Dollar City before - in Branson, right? It was an OK place when I went, but I am more of a roller-coaster guy, so it was a bit of a letdown. Wasn't too long ago that I was shucking oysters in an oyster bar for $4.15/ hr, so I feel you. As for the rest of your post, aren't you the same guy that has an ongoing thread about some poor people that moved in across the street from you. . . . . ? |
|
| Author: | BVCRD [ Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:35 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: You Dropped Food on the Floor Do You Eat It? |
linewarbr wrote: BVCRD wrote: OK, some more of my entertaining stories for your viewing pleasure. Yes, we were dirt poor, I was working at Silver Dollar City making $3.25 an hour, wife was bigtime prego. We were at the local dump gathering aluminum cans to go sell. On a good day, we could make as much as $75 which was like winning the lottery back then. The grocery store had apparently got there before we did, and I came across some chips, cookies and other items that they had tossed because they were out of date. Well, we took some home and ate them. Poor people have poor ways. Those times seem like a lifetime away, and I am glad we never did have to eat dump food again. Now, my wife is a school administrator and is well known and accepted withing the CDE community. I did find a bear skin rug once that someone had thrown out. I cut off the claws and saved them. I've been to Silver Dollar City before - in Branson, right? It was an OK place when I went, but I am more of a roller-coaster guy, so it was a bit of a letdown. Wasn't too long ago that I was shucking oysters in an oyster bar for $4.15/ hr, so I feel you. As for the rest of your post, aren't you the same guy that has an ongoing thread about some poor people that moved in across the street from you. . . . . ? That's me, and I also put in a disclaimer on that thread to any current trailer house habitants ...ie (been there done that.) I figure I can make fun since I have been there myself. Sort of like a fat guy making fun of other fat guys, or black comedians calling other blacks Nig***. You can take the man out of the trailer, but you can't take the trailer out of the man. That sort of thing. I worked at SDC during the winter months when it was closed making the new rides. I also went over the SDC East, now known as Dollywood to make rides. That was 25 years ago, and is a distant memory. Only moving away from that depressed economy and getting an education, did our stars rise. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|