| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Oh how I wish I had my camara! http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51327 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:08 am ] |
| Post subject: | Oh how I wish I had my camara! |
It was a nice warm, sunny day here in Saint Augustine yesterday. So I thought I would take a ride on the beach and look at the bikinis. BTW, there were a LOT of very well stuffed ones to look at!! But at any rate. I came upon a 4X4 Liberty stuck down to it's axles, front and back. So I pulled up beside them to see if they needed some help. It was very obvious they needed a pull. They had their hood up. It was 2 young college students. Well, they were about as smart as the sand they were buried in. They blew their tranny trying to get out of the mess they got them selves in. Rocking back and forth at full throttle. They called a tow truck = $$$$$$$! Just to rub salt in an open wound when I left them I didn't even spin a tire. Terry |
|
| Author: | ihatemybike [ Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:17 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara! |
Did you let them know about us? Sometimes the dumb can be educated. |
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara! |
Yes, I told them about this place. He was interested in a lift kit and front bumper. Terry |
|
| Author: | BVCRD [ Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:08 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara! |
Sounds like he just needed to air down to 15-20 psi. |
|
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:54 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara! |
BVCRD wrote: Sounds like he just needed to air down to 15-20 psi. Wait, air down to, doesn't everyone drive like that? |
|
| Author: | BVCRD [ Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara! |
Sir Sam wrote: BVCRD wrote: Sounds like he just needed to air down to 15-20 psi. Wait, air down to, doesn't everyone drive like that? No! Well, some do that don't regularly check their air pressure. |
|
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:56 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara! |
BVCRD wrote: Sir Sam wrote: BVCRD wrote: Sounds like he just needed to air down to 15-20 psi. Wait, air down to, doesn't everyone drive like that? No! Well, some do that don't regularly check their air pressure. How do I do that? |
|
| Author: | Budke [ Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara! |
Oh man, I wish I coulda seen that!! lol. What beach was it you were driving on? I thought the only beach down there to drive on was vilano? And thats all sea shells. lol |
|
| Author: | BVCRD [ Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara! |
Sir Sam wrote: BVCRD wrote: [quote="Sir Sam No! Well, some do that don't regularly check their air pressure. How do I do that? Ask someone to assist you.
|
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara! |
Terry, no cell phone? Nearly all cell phones have a camera. Time to get with the times. A cheap digital camera always kept in your Jeep is necessary.......so..... This thread is worthless without pics.......
|
|
| Author: | BVCRD [ Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara! |
A friend of mine drove down a beach in Texas and got stuck one evening. Caught a ride out and the next day, he returned with a tow truck. His Toyota was gone. Tide took it.
|
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara! |
I thought about the cell phone after I got home. Senior moment!! Terry |
|
| Author: | BVCRD [ Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara! |
Depends on the sand. Up in Alaska, we could drive wherever we wanted. It was black sand. Here at the sand dunes, airing down is a must. |
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara! |
yellocoyote wrote: Fulltimer wrote: I have never aired down to go on the beach. Never gotten stuck either. That's 'cause you have mad skillz, Terry. ![]() Part of your statement is true. The mad part! I agree in some types of sand you must air down. Sand dunes is a very good example! Terry |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|