LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

An Email I got today
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51344
Page 1 of 1

Author:  warp2diesel [ Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:58 pm ]
Post subject:  An Email I got today

The South - You Gotta Love the Southerners


Alabama
A group of Alabama friends went deer hunting and paired off in twos for the day. That night, one of the hunters returned alone, staggering under the weight of an eight-point buck. "Where's Henry?" the others asked.

"Henry had a stroke of some kind. He's a couple of miles back up the trail," the successful hunter replied.
"You left Henry laying out there and carried the deer back?" they inquired.
"A tough call," nodded the hunter. "But I figured no one is going to steal Henry!"



Georgia

The owner of a golf course in Georgia was confused about paying an invoice, so he decided to ask his secretary for some mathematical help. He called her into his office and said, "You graduated from the University of Georgia and I nee d some help.. If I were to give you $20,000, minus 14%, how much would you take off?"

The secretary thought a moment, and then replied, "Everything but my earrings."



Louisiana

A senior at Louisiana was overheard saying ... "When the end of the world comes, I hope to be in Louisiana . "When asked why, he replied, "I'd rather be in Louisiana because everything happens in Louisiana 20 years later than in the rest of the civilized world."



Mississippi

The young man from Mississippi came running into the store and said to his buddy, "Bubba, somebody just stole your pickup truck from the parking lot!" Bubba replied, "Did you see who it was?"

The young man answered, "I couldn't tell, but I got the license number."



South Carolina


A man in South Carolina had a flat tire, pulled off on the side of the road, and proceeded to put a bouquet of flowers in front of the car and one behind it. Then he got back in the car to wait. A passerby studied the scene as he drove by and was so curious he turned around and went back. He asked the fellow what the problem was.

The man replied, "I have a flat tire."
The passerby asked, "But what's with the flowers?"
The man responded, "When you break down they tell you to put flares in the front and flares in the back. I never did understand it neither."



Tennessee

A Tennessee State trooper pulled over a pickup on I-65. The trooper asked, "Got any ID?" The driver replied, "Bout whut?"



Texas

The Sheriff pulled up next to the guy unloading garbage out of his pick-up into the ditch..
The Sheriff asked, "Why are you dumping garbage in the ditch?
Don't you see that sign right over your head."
"Yep", he replied. "That's why I dumpin it here, cause it says: 'Fine For Dumping Garbage'."




You can say what you want about the South,
But you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

Author:  Tokyojoe [ Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: An Email I got today

Yes you do. Come to Colorado.

Author:  linewarbr [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: An Email I got today

warp2diesel wrote:
Louisiana

A senior at Louisiana was overheard saying ... "When the end of the world comes, I hope to be in Louisiana . "When asked why, he replied, "I'd rather be in Louisiana because everything happens in Louisiana 20 years later than in the rest of the civilized world."


:-)r :-)r

True dat. But we have the BEST food in the whole country!!

Author:  haulin5 [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: An Email I got today

One of the best meals I ever had was in a restaurant there....can't remember the name of it, but when you say it, I'll know it.

Stuffed pepper, Baton Rouge style: Big green pepper, battered & deepfried, full of crawfish etouffe, and some frog legs on the side. You really DO have the best food!

Author:  BVCRD [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: An Email I got today

Tokyojoe wrote:
Yes you do. Come to Colorado.



:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: I think I heard you right. We gotta lotta southern folks coming in lately. :banghead: :furious: :ALONE:

Author:  linewarbr [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: An Email I got today

haulin5 wrote:
One of the best meals I ever had was in a restaurant there....can't remember the name of it, but when you say it, I'll know it.

Stuffed pepper, Baton Rouge style: Big green pepper, battered & deepfried, full of crawfish etouffe, and some frog legs on the side. You really DO have the best food!


If you were in Baton Rouge, that could be a lot of places! Ralph & Kacoo's? Boutin's? Juban's? Do you remember what part of Baton Rouge?

BVCRD wrote:
Tokyojoe wrote:
Yes you do. Come to Colorado.



:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: I think I heard you right. We gotta lotta southern folks coming in lately. :banghead: :furious: :ALONE:


I've actually had Colorado on my "relocation list" for a few years. I like Louisiana, but I would like to go somewhere with 4 full seasons and scenery, instead of cold and hot with flat land. Know anyone looking for an HR/ Staffing person with a construction/ industrial background?

Author:  67Customs [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: An Email I got today

Haha. That Georgia one is good. :ROTFL:

Author:  BVCRD [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: An Email I got today

linewarbr wrote:
haulin5 wrote:
One of the best meals I ever had was in a restaurant there....can't remember the name of it, but when you say it, I'll know it.

Stuffed pepper, Baton Rouge style: Big green pepper, battered & deepfried, full of crawfish etouffe, and some frog legs on the side. You really DO have the best food!


If you were in Baton Rouge, that could be a lot of places! Ralph & Kacoo's? Boutin's? Juban's? Do you remember what part of Baton Rouge?

BVCRD wrote:
Tokyojoe wrote:
Yes you do. Come to Colorado.



:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: I think I heard you right. We gotta lotta southern folks coming in lately. :banghead: :furious: :ALONE:


I've actually had Colorado on my "relocation list" for a few years. I like Louisiana, but I would like to go somewhere with 4 full seasons and scenery, instead of cold and hot with flat land. Know anyone looking for an HR/ Staffing person with a construction/ industrial background?




We're BROKE man. They are raising taxes on everything they can. Laying off peeps, mandatory leave without pay....We are leaving in another year. Wyoming or Alaska probably. The "southern folks" I was referring to originate a bit further south than you.

Author:  Budke [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: An Email I got today

Notice theres nothing about Florida. :wink:

Author:  linewarbr [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: An Email I got today

BVCRD wrote:
The "southern folks" I was referring to originate a bit further south than you.


Lol, I got you. How's your Spanish, BV?

Author:  haulin5 [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: An Email I got today

Linewarbr,

It was Boutin's. Knew I'd remember as soon as I heard it. We took a party of about 30 in there & had a BLAST!

The night after, we did a crawfish boil at a friend's house in Plaquemines parish.

Just couldn't beat the hospitality of everyone there, from the people we knew right down to the waitress at Waffle House. (mmmm, Waffle house eggs & grits with hot sauce!)

Author:  BVCRD [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: An Email I got today

linewarbr wrote:
BVCRD wrote:
The "southern folks" I was referring to originate a bit further south than you.


Lol, I got you. How's your Spanish, BV?




Not worth a darn. :furious: :ROTFL:

Author:  oddball [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: An Email I got today

Budke wrote:
Notice theres nothing about Florida. :wink:

Residents walk into a polling place during the Presidential elections... enuff said. :ROTFL:

But seriously Budke, you're not "Southern". Then again, neither are those from Texas.

Author:  Budke [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: An Email I got today

oddball wrote:
Budke wrote:
Notice theres nothing about Florida. :wink:

Residents walk into a polling place during the Presidential elections... enuff said. :ROTFL:

But seriously Budke, you're not "Southern". Then again, neither are those from Texas.


I agree, Florida isn't 'southern'. Well, parts of the state are, but thats a slim percentage.
We're just Floridians.....lol
Thats why Floridians get discounts at Universal Studios and Disney, and 'southerners' don't. :goink:

Author:  linewarbr [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: An Email I got today

haulin5 wrote:
Linewarbr,

It was Boutin's. Knew I'd remember as soon as I heard it. We took a party of about 30 in there & had a BLAST!

The night after, we did a crawfish boil at a friend's house in Plaquemines parish.

Just couldn't beat the hospitality of everyone there, from the people we knew right down to the waitress at Waffle House. (mmmm, Waffle house eggs & grits with hot sauce!)


Nice, Boutin's is great. Juban's is just as good, if not better. Ralph & Kacoo's, well, meh.

Sadly, I am allergic to shellfish and don't get to partake in many Louisiana delicacies for that reason. [Sigh.]

One of my favorite places to eat here is a pizza place called Fleur de Lis. The place is a dive, the building is ancient, but they have THE BEST pizza I have ever tasted in my life. No, I haven't had a true Chicago deep dish (unless Uno's counts) but I would put Fleur de Lis up against any of 'em and dare them to change my mind. (and vastly enjoy the process. . . )

If you ever have a reason to be in south LA again, holler and we'll get together and discuss politics over good food. . . .

Author:  haulin5 [ Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: An Email I got today

I believe the 2012 ABC's (American Bowling Congress nationals) are in Baton Rouge again. That's why we were there last time, and it was exactly 6 weeks before Katrina hit. I can't wait to come back down there!

Author:  BVCRD [ Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: An Email I got today

Yea but what about the Aztecs? :grim: :dead:

Author:  Sir Sam [ Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: An Email I got today

haulin5 wrote:
.....rawfish etouffe, and some frog legs on the side. You really DO have the best food!


Yup, if it lives in a ditch by the side of the road they will eat it!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/