| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| A Pic For You Folks Up North http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51353 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:41 am ] |
| Post subject: | A Pic For You Folks Up North |
I took this picture yesterday. Terry
|
|
| Author: | TAHOE [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:26 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: A Pic For You Folks Up North |
Thanks Terry.... some of us "up north" already have a few flowers in bloom... crokus's and easter lillies in full bloom right now What type of flower is that anyway, looks like a lose leaf rose? |
|
| Author: | linewarbr [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:14 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: A Pic For You Folks Up North |
Florabunda - a bush-rose. |
|
| Author: | haulin5 [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:37 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: A Pic For You Folks Up North |
So jealous right now. I've uncovered ours, but it's still too early to prune. I have 4 rose bushes & plan on adding about, oh.....50! Here's a pic from last year---my pride & joy, a blue rose:
|
|
| Author: | BVCRD [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: A Pic For You Folks Up North |
Sorry, no flower shots here. Still 2 feet of snow on the ground with another 6 inches coming tomorrow. Maybe in late June...... |
|
| Author: | durangotang [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: A Pic For You Folks Up North |
It's that time of year here in Durango... I can go snowboarding and mountain biking in the same day and it's prime conditions for both
|
|
| Author: | jeepetorp [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: A Pic For You Folks Up North |
Winter in Sweden...
|
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: A Pic For You Folks Up North |
About all I can tell you is that it is indeed a rose. Terry |
|
| Author: | haulin5 [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: A Pic For You Folks Up North |
Terry says it's a Floribunda.....I'm gonna go out on a limb & say it looks like Kanegem to me. Kanegem wins a lot of the shows up here locally in the Floribunda class. |
|
| Author: | linewarbr [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: A Pic For You Folks Up North |
That is a beautiful blue Hybrid Tea, haulin. I like the way it tinges to purple at the edges of the petals. |
|
| Author: | KeswickDave [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: A Pic For You Folks Up North |
OMG is this a Jeep forum or what? Bunch'a pansies... Just kiddin! They're going to get a shock tonight, temps are going from a high today of 45F to a low tonight of 10F... brrr. |
|
| Author: | linewarbr [ Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: A Pic For You Folks Up North |
Take off, ya hoser!! I currently don't have the space for rose bushes, so I have been growing/ propagating African Violets. Those things will bloom year-round in the right light and with the right food. |
|
| Author: | Budke [ Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:01 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: A Pic For You Folks Up North |
My marij.....uhhh, I mean..... Marigold plans are starting to bloom nice and full. Smell up my whole closet too.... Oh yeah, I grow flowers in my closet....
|
|
| Author: | TAHOE [ Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:14 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: A Pic For You Folks Up North |
Our flowers got bit overnight.... almost an inch of rain last night, then woke up to about 1/2" of snow on everything.... I hate snow!
|
|
| Author: | haulin5 [ Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:19 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: A Pic For You Folks Up North |
Yep, we had the nearly the same, Tahoe. An inch of rain yesterday, then it got below freezing again. Has been in the upper 60's, but this morning it was in the 20's. Luckily, no snow. My other time-consuming obsession is the American Rose Society. |
|
| Author: | stumpjumper_09 [ Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: A Pic For You Folks Up North |
Nothing more rugged than a bunch of jeepers sharing pics of flowers |
|
| Author: | wecwbe [ Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:17 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: A Pic For You Folks Up North |
I might have some flowers but I cant tell. I'll have to wait for the snow to melt to see the ground! Thanks for the picture. Spring must be coming. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|