| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| For Sale http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51456 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:14 am ] |
| Post subject: | For Sale |
I thought to post in the Other Items for Sale but didn't want to disrupt that section and steal all of the views from the other items for sale so.... FOR SALE: One wife. 1985 model. Well used. Many owners but papers (divorce/alimony) available. Big rear custom made bumper. Aftermarket front bumper installed 2 yrs ago. Needs touch-up paint job to cover up scratches, cracks, wrinkles, and dents. When started up, makes an annoying nagging noise. Solution is to keep fluid levels up and tank filled. Vodka and Tequila work best. Gets terrible gas mileage and always putting money into it for repairs and to stop nagging noise. Care costs more than what I get out of it so will give to bad home for free. |
|
| Author: | STINGN [ Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:17 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: For Sale |
was this a find on craigslist |
|
| Author: | eyehatetofu [ Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:47 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: For Sale |
Tokyojoe wrote: FOR SALE: One wife. 1985 model. Well used. Many owners but papers (divorce/alimony) available. Big rear custom made bumper. Aftermarket front bumper installed 2 yrs ago. Needs touch-up paint job to cover up scratches, cracks, wrinkles, and dents. When started up, makes an annoying nagging noise. Solution is to keep fluid levels up and tank filled. Vodka and Tequila work best. Gets terrible gas mileage and always putting money into it for repairs and to stop nagging noise. Care costs more than what I get out of it so will give to bad home for free. Alright, sounds like my kinda gal
|
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:37 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: For Sale |
i wouldn't trade my 1990 for the world doesn't make nagging noises, engine runs real good, nice bumpers and real nice custom paint (tattoos) and is very compatible with Jeeps, the WJ that came with her as an extra option is something I look forward to messin with too |
|
| Author: | ihatemybike [ Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:00 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: For Sale |
A 1985 that's that bad already? |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: For Sale |
When I first read it, it seemed like 1985 referred to date of marriage but then decided i thought it was talking about birth year however you look at it, i'm just happy my 90 model appreciates her 78 model lol |
|
| Author: | linewarbr [ Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:26 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: For Sale |
I have an 80 model that is still running just fine. In fact, she seems to be running better with age and all-original parts. . . . |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: For Sale |
STINGN wrote: was this a find on craigslist Nope. Just made it up, spur of moment.
|
|
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: For Sale |
Tokyojoe wrote: STINGN wrote: was this a find on craigslist Nope. Just made it up, spur of moment. ![]() Thats funny because I've seen this before a dozen times all over car forums. |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:31 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: For Sale |
No you haven't. Maybe using the same "idea" but not the way I wrote mine. |
|
| Author: | linewarbr [ Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:54 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: For Sale |
Tokyojoe wrote: No you haven't. Maybe using the same "idea" but not the way I wrote mine. Plagiarized: Main Entry: pla·gia·rize Pronunciation: \ˈplā-jə-ˌrīz also -jē-ə-\ Function: verb Inflected Form(s): pla·gia·rized; pla·gia·riz·ing Etymology: plagiary Date: 1716 transitive verb : to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source intransitive verb : to commit literary theft : present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source — pla·gia·riz·er noun |
|
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: For Sale |
Tokyojoe wrote: No you haven't. Maybe using the same "idea" but not the way I wrote mine. Ah, so by that definition Dane Cook and Carlos Mencia DON'T steal jokes. |
|
| Author: | warp2diesel [ Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: For Sale |
Tokyojoe wrote: I thought to post in the Other Items for Sale but didn't want to disrupt that section and steal all of the views from the other items for sale so.... FOR SALE: One wife. 1985 model. Well used. Many owners but papers (divorce/alimony) available. Big rear custom made bumper. Aftermarket front bumper installed 2 yrs ago. Needs touch-up paint job to cover up scratches, cracks, wrinkles, and dents. When started up, makes an annoying nagging noise. Solution is to keep fluid levels up and tank filled. Vodka and Tequila work best. Gets terrible gas mileage and always putting money into it for repairs and to stop nagging noise. Care costs more than what I get out of it so will give to bad home for free. Sounds more like a '75 model. Back then bumpers were huge and when they hit 35, they either accomplish great things or make life a total hell. Has this '85 model been run on Meth? I heard it greatly accelerates the aging process. I will stick with my '53 model I first test drove 36 years ago, and made my own 34 years ago. Bumpers are big and she is a wide tracker, but the motor still purrs and runs strong. |
|
| Author: | KJ 119 [ Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: For Sale |
I'm beginning to think The less that I drink The more I don't want her around |
|
| Author: | stumpjumper_09 [ Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: For Sale |
Traded in my 84 for a worry free 85 |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:44 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: For Sale |
Then a lot of people on here plagiarize with thier "own creations of KJ parts. Please find the original creator of the concept I used so I may give him/her credit. Odds are, it started back long before JC came to be, back in the BC era. |
|
| Author: | linewarbr [ Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: For Sale |
Did anyone besides me just hear chickens clucking? Take it easy, tokyo - just giving you a hard time. . . . |
|
| Author: | InCommando [ Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:51 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: For Sale |
I got rid of a historic '66 for an '82. Both bumpers on the '66 must have rust issues as they are no longer in their original places. The '82 is equipped with airbags, so safety is improved. |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: For Sale |
Just hoping those airbags don't deploy when bumping.....ummm...I'll stop there.
|
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|