LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

I know kick me but ... hi-lift...
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51507
Page 1 of 1

Author:  riptricket [ Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:52 pm ]
Post subject:  I know kick me but ... hi-lift...

is this the best one Hi-Lift Jack HL485 48" Hi-Lift Red All Cast Jack
or should I spend the extra for the extreme?? Hi-Lift Jack XT485 48" Hi-Lift X-TREME Jack

Author:  Tokyojoe [ Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: I know kick me but ... hi-lift...

Save the money. Why would you need the extreme? I keep mine under the rear seat so it doesn't suffer mother nature.

Author:  LibertyFever [ Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: I know kick me but ... hi-lift...

I agree, the Extreme Hi-Lift is best suited to Extreme vehicles like a Libby with a SFA. Also you're making the good choice to go with a Hi-Lift and not some cheap "farm jack".

How do you plan use it? Here's a useful link; http://www.cardomain.com/ride/683398/7

Where do you plan to store it? Here's yet another useful link; http://www.purefjcruiser.com/catalog/exteriortrim/fj-cruiser-spare-tire-hi-lift-jack-mount.php

I got a million of them... :mrgreen:

Author:  eyehatetofu [ Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: I know kick me but ... hi-lift...

Tokyojoe wrote:
Save the money. Why would you need the extreme? I keep mine under the rear seat so it doesn't suffer mother nature.


x2

I have the all cast version and it is very happy under my rear seat. I don't exactly know what the price difference between the xtreme and regular one is but the regular one has served my needs. I have yet to use it on my junk, but it has been used a time or two to help out other people. I know some people seem to hate them, but it definetly has come in handy.

Author:  QuestMan [ Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: I know kick me but ... hi-lift...

Ok............I gotta ask. What's the diff between a Hi-lift and just going to Harbor Freight for a farm jack?

Author:  Neatus [ Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: I know kick me but ... hi-lift...

eyehatetofu wrote:
Tokyojoe wrote:
Save the money. Why would you need the extreme? I keep mine under the rear seat so it doesn't suffer mother nature.


x2

I have the all cast version and it is very happy under my rear seat. I don't exactly know what the price difference between the xtreme and regular one is but the regular one has served my needs. I have yet to use it on my junk, but it has been used a time or two to help out other people. I know some people seem to hate them, but it definetly has come in handy.


He is right, I used his Hi Lift once because his was easier to get to than mine was.

I would not get the extreme...just get the regular one and store it in the garage unless you are wheeling.

Author:  durangotang [ Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I know kick me but ... hi-lift...

I'm going to disagree with most here... get the Xtreme. You never know how/why you may need the top attachment. I thought it was excessive as well until my trailer broke in baja. That piece let me compress the spring hanger against the trailer frame and finish the repair (wouldn't have been able to do it without).

Any parts you can get to help your hilift do it's job if/when you need it are worth their weight in gold...... if/when you need them :mrgreen:

Also recommend:
Slider adapter (if you have sliders w/tubes
Image

Wabbit foot base
Image

Author:  LIV42DY [ Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I know kick me but ... hi-lift...

Neatus wrote:
eyehatetofu wrote:
Tokyojoe wrote:
Save the money. Why would you need the extreme? I keep mine under the rear seat so it doesn't suffer mother nature.


x2

I have the all cast version and it is very happy under my rear seat. I don't exactly know what the price difference between the xtreme and regular one is but the regular one has served my needs. I have yet to use it on my junk, but it has been used a time or two to help out other people. I know some people seem to hate them, but it definetly has come in handy.


He is right, I used his Hi Lift once because his was easier to get to than mine was.

I would not get the extreme...just get the regular one and store it in the garage unless you are wheeling.



If you buy a Hi lift.. store it in your KJ, Like tools you never know when you will need it, even if you are not wheeling. :shock:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/