It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: I know kick me but ... hi-lift...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:52 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:36 pm
Posts: 3143
Location: OKLAHOMA
is this the best one Hi-Lift Jack HL485 48" Hi-Lift Red All Cast Jack
or should I spend the extra for the extreme?? Hi-Lift Jack XT485 48" Hi-Lift X-TREME Jack


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know kick me but ... hi-lift...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:37 am 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
Save the money. Why would you need the extreme? I keep mine under the rear seat so it doesn't suffer mother nature.

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know kick me but ... hi-lift...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:20 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:41 am
Posts: 687
Location: Canada
I agree, the Extreme Hi-Lift is best suited to Extreme vehicles like a Libby with a SFA. Also you're making the good choice to go with a Hi-Lift and not some cheap "farm jack".

How do you plan use it? Here's a useful link; http://www.cardomain.com/ride/683398/7

Where do you plan to store it? Here's yet another useful link; http://www.purefjcruiser.com/catalog/exteriortrim/fj-cruiser-spare-tire-hi-lift-jack-mount.php

I got a million of them... :mrgreen:

_________________
my trail & highway ride (and occasional tow rig)
04 Liberty Sport with a 2.5" lift, ProComp 245/75R16 AT's and two Hella700FF lamps (more accessories to come)

my trail queen
95 YJ with a RE 4" lift, 33" ProComp Extreme's, M8000 Winch, Lockrite Locker up front, Super35 in the rear and 4.88 gears


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know kick me but ... hi-lift...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:29 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:51 pm
Posts: 425
Location: Buckeye, AZ
Tokyojoe wrote:
Save the money. Why would you need the extreme? I keep mine under the rear seat so it doesn't suffer mother nature.


x2

I have the all cast version and it is very happy under my rear seat. I don't exactly know what the price difference between the xtreme and regular one is but the regular one has served my needs. I have yet to use it on my junk, but it has been used a time or two to help out other people. I know some people seem to hate them, but it definetly has come in handy.

_________________
Image Get Out. Eject. Escape from the prison planet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know kick me but ... hi-lift...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:46 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:57 pm
Posts: 387
Location: Buchanan, MI
Ok............I gotta ask. What's the diff between a Hi-lift and just going to Harbor Freight for a farm jack?

_________________
E.E.P. for my Jeep (EMPTYING EVERY POCKET)
2004 Limited - Stock no more
JcrOffroad sliders-Trail tested, mud approved
Frankenlifted
Al's A-Arms
Stock Skids
235/70/16 Cooper Discoverer HTPs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know kick me but ... hi-lift...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:18 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:44 am
Posts: 1780
Location: Arizona Boy
eyehatetofu wrote:
Tokyojoe wrote:
Save the money. Why would you need the extreme? I keep mine under the rear seat so it doesn't suffer mother nature.


x2

I have the all cast version and it is very happy under my rear seat. I don't exactly know what the price difference between the xtreme and regular one is but the regular one has served my needs. I have yet to use it on my junk, but it has been used a time or two to help out other people. I know some people seem to hate them, but it definetly has come in handy.


He is right, I used his Hi Lift once because his was easier to get to than mine was.

I would not get the extreme...just get the regular one and store it in the garage unless you are wheeling.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know kick me but ... hi-lift...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:13 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:59 pm
Posts: 1854
Location: Durango, Colorado
I'm going to disagree with most here... get the Xtreme. You never know how/why you may need the top attachment. I thought it was excessive as well until my trailer broke in baja. That piece let me compress the spring hanger against the trailer frame and finish the repair (wouldn't have been able to do it without).

Any parts you can get to help your hilift do it's job if/when you need it are worth their weight in gold...... if/when you need them :mrgreen:

Also recommend:
Slider adapter (if you have sliders w/tubes
Image

Wabbit foot base
Image

_________________
Former CRD owner... now I just sit around and stare at the wall.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know kick me but ... hi-lift...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:22 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:40 pm
Posts: 630
Location: Southern New Jersey
Neatus wrote:
eyehatetofu wrote:
Tokyojoe wrote:
Save the money. Why would you need the extreme? I keep mine under the rear seat so it doesn't suffer mother nature.


x2

I have the all cast version and it is very happy under my rear seat. I don't exactly know what the price difference between the xtreme and regular one is but the regular one has served my needs. I have yet to use it on my junk, but it has been used a time or two to help out other people. I know some people seem to hate them, but it definetly has come in handy.


He is right, I used his Hi Lift once because his was easier to get to than mine was.

I would not get the extreme...just get the regular one and store it in the garage unless you are wheeling.



If you buy a Hi lift.. store it in your KJ, Like tools you never know when you will need it, even if you are not wheeling. :shock:

_________________
“You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it."

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.”


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com