| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Plant Humor http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51622 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | KJ 119 [ Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Plant Humor |
This is for those strange plant people like myself. Not exactly PC,but funny stuff.Look at all the old covers,there's some good ones.Which one's your fav? http://www.plantdelights.com/Catalog/Gh ... 0cover.php I've ordered from these guys for years with excellent results. If you're a plant lover,Holla! |
|
| Author: | KJ 119 [ Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Plant Humor |
Should've figured I'd be solo on this one.geeez,no green thumbs ey? |
|
| Author: | eyehatetofu [ Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Plant Humor |
I hate weeds, which are plants; therefore I hate plants. Just got done pulling weeds out of my front yard. Stupid things will not die and go away.
|
|
| Author: | warp2diesel [ Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Plant Humor |
Plants my wife loves get watered and fertilized. Plants she hates get Roundup therapy. |
|
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Plant Humor |
KJ 119 wrote: :ALONE: Should've figured I'd be solo on this one.geeez,no green thumbs ey? Got any chicken humor? |
|
| Author: | JL Rockies [ Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:23 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Plant Humor |
It's got what plants crave...... |
|
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:50 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Plant Humor |
JL Rockies wrote: It's got what plants crave...... Its got electrolytes! |
|
| Author: | Budke [ Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:19 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Plant Humor |
Plants aren't my thing.... Well, most of them.... |
|
| Author: | haulin5 [ Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:15 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Plant Humor |
Love, love, love gardening. I posted my blue rose (Kolner Karneval) in another thread with Sir Sam's rose. Everything planted at our house is on the Dave's Garden website, and here's the link: http://davesgarden.com/community/journa ... dib/79705/ Would love to get my Master Gardener certification, but I'm too busy trying to pass the CPA exam and remodel the kitchen. Not to mention all the Jeep stuff that keeps me busy. |
|
| Author: | KJ 119 [ Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Plant Humor |
haulin5 wrote: Would love to get my Master Gardener certification. This would be awesome!Go for it. I know more plants by scientific name than common.Makes my friends laugh. I'm the only one on the jobsite listening to the gardening show on Sat morning. What zone are you there in Illinois?I'm 8a at my camp. yellocoyote wrote: I have a black thumb when it comes to plants... I kill artificial plants. ![]() My gosh Jayme,used motor oil doesn't substitute for an all purpose fertilizer. It's really not that hard,"Just add water". |
|
| Author: | haulin5 [ Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:35 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Plant Humor |
Hey, KJ, I'm in zone 5b. We are approaching our average last freeze date. It's been unseasonably warm--high 70's--but we may have a frost tonight. I'll have to run out & cover everything back up for a night. There's a really cool website at http://ugatrial.hort.uga.edu/index.cfm that allows you to look up cultivars by either the common or scientific name. Very, very useful when you go out to buy plants, or try to figure out what you already have or want to get next. I started my roses last year. I have only 4, and I'd like to have about 400....lol. I planted my first hostas ever last year as well. Never had shade until we moved to this house 2 years ago. Luckily, Illinois has great soil. I'm a "bad gardener" by most standards, though, because I never amend my soil. Oh well---everything still grows pretty well, as long as it's planted in the right place for ample sunlight & drainage. |
|
| Author: | ChiroKJ [ Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Plant Humor |
Hey Bub, I had a teacher back in the day. His name was Dr. Cane. No one really liked him because he was the biggest assshole ever. On the last day i got him a Dieffenbachia. He was not happy. |
|
| Author: | haulin5 [ Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Plant Humor |
KJ 119 wrote: This is for those strange plant people like myself. Not exactly PC,but funny stuff.Look at all the old covers,there's some good ones.Which one's your fav? http://www.plantdelights.com/Catalog/Gh ... 0cover.php I've ordered from these guys for years with excellent results. If you're a plant lover,Holla! My favorite is "The Full Morty" because it has a Godzilla joke in it. Always a sucker for a good Godzilla joke. |
|
| Author: | Murphyman [ Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Plant Humor |
Budke wrote: Plants aren't my thing.... Well, most of them....
|
|
| Author: | JL Rockies [ Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Plant Humor |
BRANDO! It's what plants crave. |
|
| Author: | KJ 119 [ Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Plant Humor |
ChiroKJ wrote: Hey Bub, I had a teacher back in the day. His name was Dr. Cane. No one really liked him because he was the biggest assshole ever. On the last day i got him a Dieffenbachia. He was not happy. Hopefully your grade got turned in before he figured it out. |
|
| Author: | KJ 119 [ Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Plant Humor |
haulin5 wrote: Hey, KJ, I'm in zone 5b. Wow,That cold!...I would've lost all of my palms. MABE rhapidophyllum hystrix with a nice mound of leaves over it in winter.Just mabe.... haulin5 wrote: I started my roses last year. I have only 4, and I'd like to have about 400....lol. I planted my first hostas ever last year as well. My hands down favorite will allways be a climbing Cecil Brunner. It's a must for it's stature alone,and the blooms are stunning. Don't get me started on hostas. In the battle of "Bub V Deer" Secret Ingredient "Hosta",the current score is ___Bub-0____Deer-well over 30. 2DEER&BEVERhaulin5 wrote: My favorite is "The Full Morty" because it has a Godzilla joke in it. Always a sucker for a good Godzilla joke. I like the "Friends Don't Let Friends Buy Annuals".Laugh everytime I see it. |
|
| Author: | haulin5 [ Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:40 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Plant Humor |
Yeah, the "Annuals" one was my second favorite, but I can't wear that Tshirt with any self respect. I keep buying annuals for my own container garden. And yes, it gets VERY cold here and VERY hot & humid here in summer. I really would love some citrus fruit trees, but I have nowhere safe to store them during winter that wouldn't cause their premature demise. Deer? Most hated vile creatures. The only thing keeping me from putting a deer stand on my deck is the 10-foot fence between my house and the golf course. They still manage to make it into our neighborhood every now & then. Our Newfy-Chow mix does a pretty good job of scaring them off, but she also does a bang-up job of trodding all over flower beds.
|
|
| Author: | KJ 119 [ Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Plant Humor |
Can someone help me find the humor in this months cover for PDN Nursery. I'm usually good at figuring them out,but I'm not up to date on politics. Who are these people and what is the humor involved with each one? I know Michelle Obama,and what looks like Lou Holtz.The crazy woman with the shovel looks farmilliar.
|
|
| Author: | tan's2002kjlimited [ Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Plant Humor |
Cheshire Cat looks like Palin. |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|