LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Why does the second person always get the credit
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51727
Page 1 of 1

Author:  jeepskate [ Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:56 am ]
Post subject:  Why does the second person always get the credit

It doesn't matter what subject or which forum, but it happens way too often to be coincidence: Why is it that when someone asks a question, the first person who supplies the correct answer is ignored and the second person who posts the right answer is a hero genius??

Author:  haulin5 [ Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Why does the second person always get the credit

Hahahaha.....dunno. I'll wait to post the 2nd answer to this one. :ROTFL:

Author:  Boiler [ Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Why does the second person always get the credit

haulin5 wrote:
Hahahaha.....dunno. I'll wait to post the 2nd answer to this one. :ROTFL:


It is because I'm slower to respond than some people.

Author:  tommudd [ Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why does the second person always get the credit

Boiler wrote:
haulin5 wrote:
Hahahaha.....dunno. I'll wait to post the 2nd answer to this one. :ROTFL:


It is because I'm slower to respond than some people.


Now that is funny for sure right answer ...right :roll: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

Author:  JL Rockies [ Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why does the second person always get the credit

haterz be h8n...... story of my life....

Author:  Boiler [ Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why does the second person always get the credit

To address the actual question, I think really what you're witnessing is the fact that people like to get a consensus answer. Until 2-3 people reply in a similar way, they reserve the judgement of the first answer as possibly being incorrect.

Once another person or two chimes in that they've seen the same thing, they'll open up to the answer enough to risk following the advice.

There are plenty of people with bad judgement on here, you just can't follow the advice of the fastest responder every time.

Author:  haulin5 [ Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why does the second person always get the credit

I second Boiler, but defer all credit to his FIRST response. 8)

Author:  JL Rockies [ Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why does the second person always get the credit

I listen to 1/2 of what tommudd says, ignore 1/2 of what Durangotang says and 3/4 of what tjkj2002 says becomes part of my unviversal conscience...... the rest is all pops and buzzes.

Author:  STINGN [ Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why does the second person always get the credit

JL Rockies wrote:
I listen to 1/2 of what tommudd says, ignore 1/2 of what Durangotang says and 3/4 of what tjkj2002 says becomes part of my unviversal conscience...... the rest is all pops and buzzes.

what if someone insults you. then you usually listen :D

and to what tommudd says, 1/2 is about right, the other half is in the Ohio section :D

Author:  jeepskate [ Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why does the second person always get the credit

Well, I was only half-serious, so that sounds about right.

Author:  JJsTJ [ Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why does the second person always get the credit

JL Rockies wrote:
I Pop! Buzzzz! says, ignore pop! POP! BUzzz Buzzz! and buzzz...BUZZZ!! Pop! my unviversal POP!...... the rest is all pops and buzzes.



:juggle:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/