| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Computer graphics card questioin... http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51893 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | SavageUrge [ Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Computer graphics card questioin... |
So I'm running an AMD Phenom x64 quad-core processor (3.5 gigs each) and 4 gigs of Corsair Dominator DDR2 memory with an Nvidia GT8300 GPU on Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I just installed an MSI N250GTS 1G OC graphics card, so why the hell is my computer still "stuttering" when I run a large graphics app?!!!! I updated the card BIOS and the mother board BIOS, and of course updated all drivers, memory checks out fine and there are no hardware conflicts and on top of it all I even overclocked the processors and the graphics card temporarily, but to no avail....I'm so confused - what am I missing?!?!? Help! |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Computer graphics card questioin... |
try setting the processor affinity for the application, ctrl+alt+del then hightlight the app, and right click it choose affinity and unclick core 0 and 1 so that the app uses 2 and 3 |
|
| Author: | SavageUrge [ Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Computer graphics card questioin... |
I've never heard of that one, but it's worth a shot. Would I leave it that way permanently, or change it back when I'm finished with the program in question? |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Computer graphics card questioin... |
it can be done permanently, but the method i described is temporary and only last as long as the program(s) that you set affinity for are still running, if you were to restart the program, it would be restarted without the affinity |
|
| Author: | SavageUrge [ Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Computer graphics card questioin... |
I don't see "affinity" when I right click - any other suggestions? |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Computer graphics card questioin... |
make sure you're in the process list not the applications list when you select the application for instance if it was firefox it'll come up as firefox.exe just have to find the application.exe in question to right click for the processor/cpu affinity selection to come up |
|
| Author: | corwyyn [ Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Computer graphics card questioin... |
Something like this: ![]() This is in Win7 but should be similar in Vista. |
|
| Author: | JL Rockies [ Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Computer graphics card questioin... |
Solution: Apple |
|
| Author: | David Jr [ Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Computer graphics card questioin... |
It's not your fault. There ain't a computer built that can run Crysis at full settings. |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Computer graphics card questioin... |
Mine will, just wish i had time to actually play a game |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|