LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Water 4 Gas: Scam or Valid?
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=52529
Page 1 of 1

Author:  SavageUrge [ Thu May 06, 2010 4:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Water 4 Gas: Scam or Valid?

A couple of guys I work with are gung-ho and full-speed ahead with this one. They've got part of the contraption built and and are talking about how they're going to sell it to everyone when we all see how well it works. I'm serious. Ya can't make this stuff up. I'm saying it's a fools errand, but I don't want to smash their hopes and dreams, ya know? :wink: I suppose the theory works, but Mythbusters totally busted this one. My co-workers are telling me that Adam and Jamie did the experiment wrong. Considering how knowledgeable they are, compared to the Joe-Schmoes that I work with, somehow I doubt that...but I digress. So what do ya'll think? Has anyone tried it? I love stuff like this! Here's a link to the goodies: Water4Gas This is not the actual web page - for some reason, the actual site isn't opening. According to OpenDNS, a couple of the site servers are failing...hmmm...

Author:  Fulltimer [ Thu May 06, 2010 5:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Water 4 Gas: Scam or Valid?

Snake oil. Water doesn't burn period. A tiny amount can pass through the system but it won't improve mileage. Engines that use a carb. can build up carbon and a little water will break it loose but today's injection systems don't do that.

Terry

Author:  SavageUrge [ Thu May 06, 2010 5:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Water 4 Gas: Scam or Valid?

They call it Water 4 Gas, but really it's all about extracting Hydrogen from the water using electrolysis in a mason jar...

Author:  ga_repoman [ Thu May 06, 2010 5:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Water 4 Gas: Scam or Valid?

i think the engine is suppost to burn the hydrogen in the water to do so you dont just fill up a tank and go
there is a seperate tank with a devise hooked to it to extract the hydrogen (a hydrogen generator)
the problem with this i have hear is that it does work it would just not be practical cause of the LARGE size generator required to create enough to run the engine off of ......

I have also heard of people trying to make a smaller generator just to aid in fuel mileage...

as far as i know it will work but just not quite to the practical application stage yet...

again this is all hearsay from many educated people i personal know that have tried there hand at this
by the way these are the same guys that are modding there prius cars to get almost 100 MPG...

Author:  tommudd [ Thu May 06, 2010 5:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Water 4 Gas: Scam or Valid?

I know someone here in Toledo who has been working on his version for quite some time.
He did get it to produce enough "gas" to have a small poof of a flame, not nearly enough to run anything :roll: :roll:

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Thu May 06, 2010 6:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Water 4 Gas: Scam or Valid?

You can not gain anything from it,it will actually take more energy to separate the hydrogen from the water then anything else and that means a high load on your electrical system which will rob any benefit seen.

If it was possible it would be already standard equipment on today's vehicles.

Just another scam and one that has proven not to work and has caused major engine damage to some.

Author:  Daksport [ Thu May 06, 2010 7:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Water 4 Gas: Scam or Valid?

tjkj2002 wrote:
If it was possible it would be already standard equipment on today's vehicles.

No it wouldn't because it would cut into oil company profits. :mrgreen:

I do doubt that this works but I am saying that without reading much into it. I say kudos though to your friends for at least trying 8)

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Thu May 06, 2010 7:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Water 4 Gas: Scam or Valid?

Daksport wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
If it was possible it would be already standard equipment on today's vehicles.

No it wouldn't because it would cut into oil company profits. :mrgreen:

I do doubt that this works but I am saying that without reading much into it. I say kudos though to your friends for at least trying 8)

Actually it would since they are struggling to meet federal mpg standards right now and a few weeks ago obama just increased those standards by 10mpg.

It is total fiction that the oil companies have any role in mpg's of new vehicles,has never been that way.

Author:  LibertyFever [ Fri May 07, 2010 8:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Water 4 Gas: Scam or Valid?

C'mon guys, if it really did work do you think we'd hear about it?
The big oil companies would make sure the idea and anybody connected with it would disappear.

Author:  CATCRD [ Fri May 07, 2010 11:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Water 4 Gas: Scam or Valid?

I wish this HHO crap would die already. I'm getting really tired of it. As already stated it's thermodynamically impossible for this to be a benefit. It takes energy to separate the H from the O by ANY MEANS. You CAN'T get MORE energy back when they recombine (burning). The best you could do on paper is break even, and in the real world there are losses that mean you'll be worse off for trying this.

Author:  jnaut [ Fri May 07, 2010 12:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Water 4 Gas: Scam or Valid?

SavageUrge wrote:
I suppose the theory works,


The theory doesn't work if you know anything about thermodynamics.

Author:  jnaut [ Fri May 07, 2010 12:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Water 4 Gas: Scam or Valid?

CATCRD wrote:
I wish this HHO crap would die already. I'm getting really tired of it.


Gas is back up over $3 a gallon. Of course it's going to come back. In fact, I was wondering what was taking it so long. There has already been several threads about this popping back up on the forums.

Author:  InCommando [ Fri May 07, 2010 1:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Water 4 Gas: Scam or Valid?

They have this fiberglass air-cooled engine that runs on WATER man, Water....

Author:  jnaut [ Fri May 07, 2010 1:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Water 4 Gas: Scam or Valid?

InCommando wrote:
They have this fiberglass air-cooled engine that runs on WATER man, Water....


Those HHO boxes people put in their cars are an excellent place to store your weed.

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Fri May 07, 2010 3:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Water 4 Gas: Scam or Valid?

cafe standards

:roll:

Author:  curt7088 [ Fri May 07, 2010 7:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Water 4 Gas: Scam or Valid?

my God... the concept is interesting, but impossible... so for now keep doing DPI conversions to ur diesels and the veggie oil conversion to ur diesels, while the gas burners... well we're F^@#$*

Author:  Sir Sam [ Fri May 07, 2010 9:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Water 4 Gas: Scam or Valid?

CATCRD wrote:
I wish this HHO crap would die already. I'm getting really tired of it. As already stated it's thermodynamically impossible for this to be a benefit. It takes energy to separate the H from the O by ANY MEANS. You CAN'T get MORE energy back when they recombine (burning). The best you could do on paper is break even, and in the real world there are losses that mean you'll be worse off for trying this.


I know, I'm getting real tired of seeing this coming up again and again.

The only way to see benefits from this would be if the hydrogen somehow improved combustion. Which is doesn't.

Real testing, laboratory testing, done at $1800 a day with one of the HHO setups.

THEY DON'T IMPROVE ANYTHING!

Author:  ga_repoman [ Fri May 07, 2010 9:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Water 4 Gas: Scam or Valid?

gassers are not f'ed
you always have the propane conversion for the gas engine
no emissions ......

Author:  99_XC600 [ Sat May 08, 2010 7:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Water 4 Gas: Scam or Valid?

Just bring on the hydrogen fuel cell vehicle already. I don't want to wait an additional 5-8 years. Honda has already had very good success with the FCX pilot program in California.

http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-clarity/

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/