LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Dodge solution to the SVT Raptor
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=52680
Page 1 of 2

Author:  stumpjumper_09 [ Wed May 12, 2010 8:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Dodge solution to the SVT Raptor

You've gotta check this out!!!!


http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/12/spy-shots-dodge-ram-power-wagon-hits-the-streets-in-search-of-f/

Author:  mag03kj [ Wed May 12, 2010 8:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dodge solution to the SVT Raptor

I love it!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Wed May 12, 2010 9:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dodge solution to the SVT Raptor

Sadly it may never see production,if it does it will not be around long,well with a "so called" HEMI at least.Chrysler's dropping the HEMI like a bad habit soon.

That new Ford 6.2 V8 will be kicking a $ $ when they come out in a few months,will make the "so called" HEMI look like a 2.0 4 banger.

Author:  myfirstjeep02 [ Wed May 12, 2010 9:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dodge solution to the SVT Raptor

yeah x2 on not making it to production at least as pictured and if so it would probably have a rediculous price tag; not saying its impossible but if you got the cash to wheel a brand new rig then let it roll! :mrgreen:

Author:  mag03kj [ Wed May 12, 2010 10:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dodge solution to the SVT Raptor

tjkj2002 wrote:
Sadly it may never see production,if it does it will not be around long,well with a "so called" HEMI at least.Chrysler's dropping the HEMI like a bad habit soon.

That new Ford 6.2 V8 will be kicking a $ $ when they come out in a few months,will make the "so called" HEMI look like a 2.0 4 banger.


:-)r That 6.2 is still a FORD! So i think ill keep to a Dodge or Chevy!!! Sorry FORD ppl!

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Wed May 12, 2010 10:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dodge solution to the SVT Raptor

ford had taken the 7.3 PS and cut off two cyl's and was running it in some delivery trucks, it almost made it into regular vehicles then our good friends with emission regulations choked it so hard they never did it that i'm aware of , it woulda been a nice 6 banger rattler

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Thu May 13, 2010 12:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dodge solution to the SVT Raptor

mag03kj wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
Sadly it may never see production,if it does it will not be around long,well with a "so called" HEMI at least.Chrysler's dropping the HEMI like a bad habit soon.

That new Ford 6.2 V8 will be kicking a $ $ when they come out in a few months,will make the "so called" HEMI look like a 2.0 4 banger.


:-)r That 6.2 is still a FORD! So i think ill keep to a Dodge or Chevy!!! Sorry FORD ppl!

I'd rather push a Ford the drive a chevy :goink: .

besides a Ford powerplant is most likely going to end up in my KJ.

Author:  STINGN [ Thu May 13, 2010 1:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dodge solution to the SVT Raptor

tjkj2002 wrote:
I'd rather push a Ford the drive a chevy

i had a tshirt that said
"i would rather push a range rover than own a bmw" well, i literally had to push that thing onto a tow truck after it sat for 6 months not running :D lol

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Thu May 13, 2010 1:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dodge solution to the SVT Raptor

STINGN wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
I'd rather push a Ford the drive a chevy

i had a tshirt that said
"i would rather push a range rover than own a bmw" well, i literally had to push that thing onto a tow truck after it sat for 6 months not running :D lol

Sad thing is out of the 10 or so Fords I have owned not one has ever broken down and left me stranded and pushing it,I've pushed many of the GM products I've owned more then I care to remember.

Author:  stumpjumper_09 [ Thu May 13, 2010 8:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dodge solution to the SVT Raptor

ok tjkj i'll bite. which ford power plant are you considering? I have a 4.6 dohc out of a lincoln that i was thinking would be pretty awesome!!! I am thinking it would require some serious trimming and hammer work. but, with your sfa I think it would be alot easier.

Author:  InCommando [ Thu May 13, 2010 8:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dodge solution to the SVT Raptor

tjkj2002 wrote:
mag03kj wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
Sadly it may never see production,if it does it will not be around long,well with a "so called" HEMI at least.Chrysler's dropping the HEMI like a bad habit soon.

That new Ford 6.2 V8 will be kicking a $ $ when they come out in a few months,will make the "so called" HEMI look like a 2.0 4 banger.


:-)r That 6.2 is still a FORD! So i think ill keep to a Dodge or Chevy!!! Sorry FORD ppl!

I'd rather push a Ford the drive a chevy :goink: .

besides a Ford powerplant is most likely going to end up in my KJ.


Good thing you feel that way...cause you get to do a lot of pushing.... :ROTFL:

The power stroke is an over rated pile, at least after the 7.3. And it was not without serious issues like fuel starvation to the back cylinders. Why do you think the life for the 6.4 & 6.0 were so short? Did Ford/Navistar enjoy spending millions on each to through them away after a handful of years? And the second is on its last legs already? They sucked. And then Ford & Navistar sued each other over who would take care of the warranty claims, which are massive. :-)r To further distance itself from the POS engine, Ford's ad's for their Kagan, I mean, diesel engine say "powerstroke by Ford" to differentiate itself (somehow) from the history of those others.

The V6 diesel was said to be a clean sheet design, not the classic "two cyl's chopped off" method of making a V6. I don't know why they would go back to the 7.3 to do it, either, as that has been dead for awhile now.

Having driven countless miles and untold hours in a "hi po" 4.6 through 2006, I think Ford's has a l o n g way to go in both the engine and the tranny it is connected to, as well. Ford is so far behind the curve now that anything that they come up with will be obliterated ( again ) by GM as soon as it appears. Just wait.

But I digress: That Power Wagon is amazing and the only real difference to the naked eye, besides cosmetic BS, is the wheelbase. Very doable. Fiat has committed to pumping up the performance image of the Ram and others as advertising. We'll see what happens.

Author:  ihatemybike [ Thu May 13, 2010 9:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dodge solution to the SVT Raptor

tjkj2002 wrote:
I'd rather push a Ford the drive a chevy :goink: .

I'll wave from Grumpy as I drive by. :P

Author:  mag03kj [ Thu May 13, 2010 11:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dodge solution to the SVT Raptor

^ :ROTFL:

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Thu May 13, 2010 12:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dodge solution to the SVT Raptor

InCommando wrote:

Having driven countless miles and untold hours in a "hi po" 4.6 through 2006, I think Ford's has a l o n g way to go in both the engine and the tranny it is connected to, as well. Ford is so far behind the curve now that anything that they come up with will be obliterated ( again ) by GM as soon as it appears. Just wait.


The 4.6/5.4/6.8 are gone in a few months.Completely new engine designs similar to 3.5/3.7 EcoBoost engines are coming.Years ahead of GM who still can't keep Decacool from eating intake gaskets.

Author:  ihatemybike [ Thu May 13, 2010 2:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dodge solution to the SVT Raptor

tjkj2002 wrote:
Years ahead of GM who still can't keep Decacool from eating intake gaskets.

Um, that's Dexcool. The original formula was too acidic, but it was reformulated quite some time ago. The fact that some idiots mixed Green and Orange only made matters worse.

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Thu May 13, 2010 3:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dodge solution to the SVT Raptor

ihatemybike wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
Years ahead of GM who still can't keep Decacool from eating intake gaskets.

Um, that's Dexcool. The original formula was too acidic, but it was reformulated quite some time ago. The fact that some idiots mixed Green and Orange only made matters worse.

It's still doing to this day,getting alot of intake jobs on other makes also since the owners decided to use those "all makes/models" and "universal" coolants(both dexacool) instead of the correct coolants.

You should read about GM's purposed replacement for R134A(R155A),that is going to be a blast :roll: .

Author:  stumpjumper_09 [ Thu May 13, 2010 7:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dodge solution to the SVT Raptor

stumpjumper_09 wrote:
ok tjkj i'll bite. which ford power plant are you considering? I have a 4.6 dohc out of a lincoln that i was thinking would be pretty awesome!!! I am thinking it would require some serious trimming and hammer work. but, with your sfa I think it would be alot easier.


Wow, I type evil libby when I am trying to post from my phone. Waiting on answer :CAMPING:

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Thu May 13, 2010 7:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dodge solution to the SVT Raptor

stumpjumper_09 wrote:
stumpjumper_09 wrote:
ok tjkj i'll bite. which ford power plant are you considering? I have a 4.6 dohc out of a lincoln that i was thinking would be pretty awesome!!! I am thinking it would require some serious trimming and hammer work. but, with your sfa I think it would be alot easier.


Wow, I type evil libby when I am trying to post from my phone. Waiting on answer :CAMPING:

Looking at one of these,not set yet though.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Blueprint-Engines/138/BP4080CTF/10002/-1?parentProductId=761299

Author:  mag03kj [ Thu May 13, 2010 7:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dodge solution to the SVT Raptor

This is all you need.......http://www.jegs.com/i/GM+Performance/80 ... 0/10002/-1

Author:  stumpjumper_09 [ Thu May 13, 2010 8:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dodge solution to the SVT Raptor

mag03kj wrote:


Great way to keep your boat from floating away!!!!




I was thinking that I was dreaming big with the DOHC 4.6 but that thing is HUGE!!!

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/