| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| How would you feel about this? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=52837 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Tue May 18, 2010 12:08 am ] |
| Post subject: | How would you feel about this? |
So we had a snowstorm about a week ago that was really wet and heavy, lots of downed tree limbs everywhere. A few days later my neighbors tree split in half, rather than try to heal it, they opted to have it cut down. Now at this time it was graduation so my parents were visiting, my mom being the person she is saw the mulch they were making and decided I needed it. I said no, no way, I don't want to deal with it, I don't want to have to move a bunch of mulch I just graduated and I want to take it easy. So we got the mulch, the company backed the truck up and unloaded about half of a pretty full truck. So we started moving a pile of mulch the size of an XJ, spent a good number of hours scattering it around the backyard. I end up just having to find places where mulch could be used I had so much, I now have a large area of my backyard(where I keep the chicken and cars) buried in about 8 inches of mulch. Fast forward to today, I run home for a quick lunch during a break. When leaving the wife of my neighbor comes and asks me if I got the mulch for free. I say yes and she tells me she may need to take some back, and that it was her mulch. She told me she paid $250 to have the tree cut down. She also says I will need to pay her for the mulch and that she will have mike(her husband) talk to me about it. So now I'm going, crap, I'm gonna have a pissed off neighbor who feels that I owe her money, or I'm gonna have to pay her money just to keep things civil. What really sucks about all this is that I'm the one getting the transference of blame here, if she was expecting that after her tree was mulched she would be getting it back she should be talking to the tree company about it. Just, arg. Oh, the funny thing about all of this is I didn't even get her mulch, they dumped some off before they cut down her tree! |
|
| Author: | durangotang [ Tue May 18, 2010 1:30 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How would you feel about this? |
Sir Sam wrote: Oh, the funny thing about all of this is I didn't even get her mulch, they dumped some off before they cut down her tree! End of story... tell her to contact the tree cutter and see where they took hers if she wants it.
|
|
| Author: | ihatemybike [ Tue May 18, 2010 6:33 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How would you feel about this? |
Your neighbor is an idiot. Since their are leftovers I might be nice and offer them that, but as far as paying them no way. Tell them the mulch business was done through the tree removal company not through them. They paid for the tree removal, not for the creation of mulch. |
|
| Author: | bugnout [ Tue May 18, 2010 10:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How would you feel about this? |
Be very nice and tell her she can have any she feels like pulling out of your garden. Thats a lot of work for them to rake it out, barrow it over to thier yard and spread it. I doubt they will go through all that trouble. You've been friendly, but called thier bluff. Worse that can happen is they actually pull it from your garden and your out the time it took to spread it. |
|
| Author: | BVCRD [ Tue May 18, 2010 10:13 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How would you feel about this? |
Tell her it's around back. Give her a bill for storing her mulch. Freakin city people! |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|