| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Lawn mower question http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=52934 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | KoRnyBrad [ Thu May 20, 2010 1:13 am ] |
| Post subject: | Lawn mower question |
Not really a Jeep question, but I have to use my Jeep to start my lawn mower! I've got a riding lawn mower that the only way I can get to start is by jumping it. I put the battery on a charger and that doesn't help, I try my jump starter and that doesn't help. I can hear the solenoid making clicking, buzzing sounds under the seat. If I hook it up to my Jeep it will fire right up. Any ideas why it won't start with a full battery? Think the solenoid it shot? The solenoid and starter aren't very old. My dad had tons of problems with this mower but thought we had it figured out because the battery was old and small. Just curious. Thanks KJers! |
|
| Author: | KJ 119 [ Thu May 20, 2010 6:16 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lawn mower question |
Your battery is too small.Using a battery with not enough cranking amps will burn up a lawnmower's starter fast.Get the "Bigger" battery for your mower and you'll be fine. Keep the small one and your starter will be toast. |
|
| Author: | Daksport [ Thu May 20, 2010 6:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lawn mower question |
If its the battery that came from factory on your mower, it could be dead and need to be replaced. |
|
| Author: | BVCRD [ Thu May 20, 2010 9:47 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lawn mower question |
Battery won't hold a charge no matter how long you charge it. Best to get a new one. |
|
| Author: | KoRnyBrad [ Thu May 20, 2010 3:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lawn mower question |
Thanks guys. The battery is just a lil over a year old and it was bigger than the factory. Guess I should see about getting it pro rated and going up even more in size. Thanks again. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|