| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Trailer for Fulltimer http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=52985 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | jimymc [ Sat May 22, 2010 9:23 am ] |
| Post subject: | Trailer for Fulltimer |
Here is a trailer that needs to be behind Blackhawk. http://www.rvvideos.com/2010/05/dont-tr ... ailer.html |
|
| Author: | omGoddard [ Sat May 22, 2010 9:38 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Trailer for Fulltimer |
Hahaha, wow. A tent in the back woulda' been easier. |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Sat May 22, 2010 10:40 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Trailer for Fulltimer |
that was cool. wonder if they have ever flopped it. |
|
| Author: | mag03kj [ Sat May 22, 2010 10:44 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Trailer for Fulltimer |
Yupp thats what he needs! Dang sand...always giving ppl trouble!
|
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Sat May 22, 2010 1:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Trailer for Fulltimer |
Not for me! But you gotta give credit to the guys from Australia. THEY WILL TRY ANYTHING! Terry |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Sat May 22, 2010 4:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Trailer for Fulltimer |
Wish they sold that model Toyota here in the USA. I wonder what the inside looked like when they were ready to park and camp. HA! |
|
| Author: | JustinP [ Sat May 22, 2010 9:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Trailer for Fulltimer |
Quote: I wonder what the inside looked like when they were ready to park and camp. HA! Thats what I was wondering, a soaked mildewed camper isnt much better than a tent, well i guess it is, but you get the point. |
|
| Author: | Fouros [ Sat May 22, 2010 10:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Trailer for Fulltimer |
they are kedron caravans http://www.kedroncaravans.com/ check out the utube link for some of their vans in action |
|
| Author: | KeswickDave [ Sun May 23, 2010 12:58 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Trailer for Fulltimer |
Very cool! I noticed near the end they had the winch line just wrapped around their brush guard, that might be an indication of how often they needed to use it... still, cool trailer. I tried that once with my 19' travel trailer behind the KJ... was in a campground, on a windy, single-lane, tree-lined road which I discovered was a dead end. At the end was a T intersection with a "trail", two tracks in the grass basically, with swampy ditches. my options weren't good - nearby campsites were occupied so I couldn't reverse into one easily, and reversing all the way out was not an appealing option, so forward it was. Thank god for the tight turning radius of the KJ! I made a right turn onto the trail without incident, backed it up past the road I came in on, and then started my right turn back onto the road... I had to swing the front end as wide as possible to get the trailer around past the ditch. All was going well until my driver's side tire dropped into what seemed like nothingness, actually the ditch which was a bit closer than I thought! I had it in 4 lo at this point, so I just gave it some gas and it pulled right out and off we went! So I always wanted to tell that story, seemed like a good fit here but I wouldn't want to do it again, those Aussies have brass ones! |
|
| Author: | jimymc [ Sun May 23, 2010 7:21 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Trailer for Fulltimer |
KeswickDave wrote: Very cool! I noticed near the end they had the winch line just wrapped around their brush guard, that might be an indication of how often they needed to use it... still, cool trailer.
I tried that once with my 19' travel trailer behind the KJ... was in a campground, on a windy, single-lane, tree-lined road which I discovered was a dead end. At the end was a T intersection with a "trail", two tracks in the grass basically, with swampy ditches. my options weren't good - nearby campsites were occupied so I couldn't reverse into one easily, and reversing all the way out was not an appealing option, so forward it was. Thank god for the tight turning radius of the KJ! I made a right turn onto the trail without incident, backed it up past the road I came in on, and then started my right turn back onto the road... I had to swing the front end as wide as possible to get the trailer around past the ditch. All was going well until my driver's side tire dropped into what seemed like nothingness, actually the ditch which was a bit closer than I thought! Cool story. Glad you were able to get out. There are a few other videos of these Aussies where they got stuck pretty bad. In one of them they tore off their trailer hitch and had to swap vehicles to keep going. But nothing seemed to dampen their party attitude. I had it in 4 lo at this point, so I just gave it some gas and it pulled right out and off we went! So I always wanted to tell that story, seemed like a good fit here but I wouldn't want to do it again, those Aussies have brass ones! |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|