LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Rokon 2 wheel drive motorcycle
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=53415
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Fulltimer [ Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:19 am ]
Post subject:  Rokon 2 wheel drive motorcycle

It isn't pretty, won't go fast (15 to 20mph) BUT it will go almost any where! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ54nsI5 ... re=related

Terry

Author:  BVCRD [ Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rokon 2 wheel drive motorcycle

Piece of junk. I had one in '69. Always had trouble with the front chain. They actually had one on Pawn Stars last episode.

Author:  Fulltimer [ Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rokon 2 wheel drive motorcycle

BVCRD wrote:
Piece of junk. I had one in '69. Always had trouble with the front chain. They actually had one on Pawn Stars last episode.


Pawn Stars is where I heard of it. I found a owners forum and it seems most people love them.

Terry

Author:  BVCRD [ Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rokon 2 wheel drive motorcycle

Fulltimer wrote:
BVCRD wrote:
Piece of junk. I had one in '69. Always had trouble with the front chain. They actually had one on Pawn Stars last episode.


Pawn Stars is where I heard of it. I found a owners forum and it seems most people love them.

Terry




Well, they may now. Kind of a relic love sort of thing like an old John Deere tractor. You love it, but you wouldn't want to plow a field with it.

Author:  myfirstjeep02 [ Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rokon 2 wheel drive motorcycle

We still have one my uncle bought in 04, even has the sidecar, you are correct its not streetbike fast, but its still fast enough to have an accident on. they are fairly heavy which sucks and a little strange to get used to but they can be alot of fun. never been stuck with it or found it extremely practical for that matter. its kinda fun when people ask what it is exactly.

Author:  tommudd [ Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rokon 2 wheel drive motorcycle

Buddy of mine has had one since 98 or so, fun little run around the back woods with toy, but yes heavy, esp. when you lay it over on you in a creek in December.....don't ask how I know :banghead: :banghead:

Author:  BVCRD [ Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rokon 2 wheel drive motorcycle

tommudd wrote:
Buddy of mine has had one since 98 or so, fun little run around the back woods with toy, but yes heavy, esp. when you lay it over on you in a creek in December.....don't ask how I know :banghead: :banghead:




I know. It's almost like it goes so slowly, (1/2 mph) that you have a hard time keeping your balance. Try riding a bike while it's not moving.

Author:  tommudd [ Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rokon 2 wheel drive motorcycle

Pretty much it plus ice/ snow few beers, trying to show off
slid back off a hill cross the ice with the stupid thing pretty much on top of me, then the ice broke :ROTFL:
They are not that big but.... :banghead:

Author:  KJ 119 [ Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rokon 2 wheel drive motorcycle

That was pretty extreme!
Thought he was gonna pull of a "Double pits to chesty" there for a minute. :shock:



Seriousy Tom,the only way to ride that thing is drunk. :dizzy:
I mean...would you ride it sober?

Author:  Fulltimer [ Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rokon 2 wheel drive motorcycle

Myself, I wouldn't ride it drunk or sober.

Terry

Author:  warp2diesel [ Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rokon 2 wheel drive motorcycle

Must be a Hippie on You tube riding it, no Gun Rack ($45). :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

http://www.rokon.com/salesnservice/prices.htm

Author:  myfirstjeep02 [ Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rokon 2 wheel drive motorcycle

They advertise it as lightweight, but at 200 + lb's thats no joke

just watch and see :ROTFL:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrChLc7jjPY

Author:  wecwbe [ Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rokon 2 wheel drive motorcycle

My father had one of these when I was a kid. It maxed out at about 20-25mph in 3rd gear but it would climb anything. Some of them have wheels that have tanks you can fill up with extra fuel. If you leave them full of air, it actually floats. It's kind of the wildebeast of motorcycles but it is pretty cool in its own way.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/