LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Camera suggestions...?
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=53691
Page 1 of 1

Author:  onebaucom [ Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Camera suggestions...?

Sooo I have an old Olympus camera I bought a few years ago and I want to upgrade. I was wanting something under $300 and with a good amount of zoom. I was thinking another Olympus camera...the link is below...
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Olympus+-+14.0-Megapixel+Digital+Camera+-+Titanium/9790493.p?id=1218175867075&skuId=9790493
Please tell me what ya think and if you have any suggestions...
Thanks for looking.
Alexis

Author:  eyehatetofu [ Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Camera suggestions...?

You should get this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/518204-REG/Canon_2011B002_EOS_1Ds_Mark_III_SLR.html

:mrgreen:

That camera in your link actually looks like a well rounded camera. I don't know a lot about point and shoot type digital cameras, but it seems to have decent features. Good focal range, decent aperture range (for a P&S), good ISO range, has a burst mode, uses sd cards (I know olympus use to use xd cards like fuji and those were super exspensive), optical image stabilization, a decent sounding autofocus system, HD movie mode... The only glaring thing wrong I can see is the LCD screen. It has a pretty low resolution; kinda subpar. If you have had an Olympus camera in the past and were happy with it overall, this seems like this would be a pretty nice upgrade. I wouldn't buy it, but then again I'm a Canon guy :mrgreen:

Author:  onebaucom [ Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Camera suggestions...?

haha $6000 for a camera? must be a pretty awesome camera. the one i was looking at using the sdhc cards now. if i hit the lottery i'll get that one though. :D

Author:  tommudd [ Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Camera suggestions...?

I bought a Canon Power Shot SX 110 IS last year before I went to Tanzania, wanted something fairly decent but also not so big and clumbersome that I needed a porter to carry the extra stuff along. It took some amazing shots both of people and animals when we were on Safari. I have since sent 5 over to different people who liked mine.
I think this model has been upgraded to something else now but did a great job for me.
** I am not a professional nor claim to be, just wanted something simple to use and yet provide great pictures which this does

:2cents:

Author:  SurfGuitar141 [ Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Camera suggestions...?

tommudd wrote:
I bought a Canon Power Shot SX 110 IS last year before I went to Tanzania, wanted something fairly decent but also not so big and clumbersome that I needed a porter to carry the extra stuff along. It took some amazing shots both of people and animals when we were on Safari. I have since sent 5 over to different people who liked mine.
I think this model has been upgraded to something else now but did a great job for me.
** I am not a professional nor claim to be, just wanted something simple to use and yet provide great pictures which this does

:2cents:


My wife has the Rebel XTi with 3 lenses going out to 600mm, we go to a few Phillies baseball games a year, and Citizens Bank Park does not allow cameras with detachable lenses, so she got one of those Cannon Power Shot (110 or 112...???) and what an amazing camera. She's actually taken photos from across the stadium that looked like she was standing next to the subject in the picture. Great zoom, very clear, and easy to use.

The last Olympus camera we had we weren't real pleased with, and it broke in a little more than a year...(cost more to fix it than to buy another)...but with any brand there's going to be a few lemons in the basket.
We just purchased my graduating daughter a Nikon D5000 package from Best Buy, while there I was eying up a replacement for the cheap little Fugi water camera I've been using, and Olympus has one that did get my attention....it's water proof, but because of that it has other limitations in zoom and focal length, but none worse than the camera I have now.....

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/