LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Best buy loves us!
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=54115
Page 1 of 1

Author:  pokefan [ Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Best buy loves us!

Seriously, what is this crap! Do they really think they can enforce something like this? So we all get tiny fuel efficient cars and they have to start hauling all of our TV's home for us in there big gas guzzler delivery trucks?! Does this make sense to any one else?

Image

Author:  teckman02 [ Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Best buy loves us!

also so they can charge more for delivery and so there crapy geek squad can get there hands on your electronic and computer stuff

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Best buy loves us!

pokefan wrote:
Seriously, what is this crap! Do they really think they can enforce something like this? So we all get tiny fuel efficient cars and they have to start hauling all of our TV's home for us in there big gas guzzler delivery trucks?! Does this make sense to any one else?

Image

I park in those spots every chance I get,nothing they can legally do as my KJ is very fuel efficient for 6000lbs brick.I also park in those "sub-compact vehicles only" spots also,love wedging my beast between 2 priuses so they can't open there doors :mrgreen: .

Author:  linewarbr [ Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Best buy loves us!

I park in those spots at Best Buy. What other 4x4 gets mileage like mine? Very fuel efficient. . .

Author:  SurfGuitar141 [ Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Best buy loves us!

Tjkj is right, in private parking lots they are only a suggestion, and not a legal requirement like a handi cap spot.
Much like those "Parking for pregnant women only" spots at K-Mart and Wal-Mart. I don't park in those out of respect for pregnant women, but I absolutely love parking in those "Compact & fuel efficient cars only" spots, if nothing else just to piss off the dweebs that buy those stupid little powered skateboards..... :twisted:

Author:  67Customs [ Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Best buy loves us!

SurfGuitar141 wrote:
Tjkj is right, in private parking lots they are only a suggestion, and not a legal requirement like a handi cap spot.
Much like those "Parking for pregnant women only" spots at K-Mart and Wal-Mart. I don't park in those out of respect for pregnant women, but I absolutely love parking in those "Compact & fuel efficient cars only" spots, if nothing else just to piss off the dweebs that buy those stupid little powered skateboards..... :twisted:

I hate when I drive to the grocery store with my family and two old farts are getting out of their two door Prius that they just parked in the "Parents with Children" spot. That is for people with children with them. Not for people who's children left the home 30 years ago.

If I don't have the children with me, I don't park in them. Same for the "Pregnant Women Only" spots, I used them when she was pregnant, but not anymore.

However, I don't respect those "Fuel Efficient Cars Only" spots. Why does a freakin' car get a special spot? So, just because you purchased a Prius, you get to park closer? I don't think so. The stores are only doing it to help show how "green" friendly they are. Right. :roll:

Author:  steve03sport [ Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Best buy loves us!

if I ever see 1 of those spots im going to crank the A/c and leave it running while im inside :ROTFL:

Author:  Weisse123 [ Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Best buy loves us!

This thread officially wins a free box of tissues. Get 'em while they last.

Author:  tommudd [ Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Best buy loves us!

Actually the fuel efficient cars should have their own parking areas I totally agree with those signs!
:shock: :o

:grim:
But then they should be clear out as far away as possible from the stores, they get better mileage so they should have to drive farther out to park than I do with my Jeep! :JEEPIN:
Plus most are tree huggers and they need and want the exercise! :BANANA: :pepper: :ROTFL:

Author:  Coliniksi [ Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Best buy loves us!

tommudd wrote:
Plus most are tree huggers and they need and want the exercise!

agreed

Author:  2006 KJ [ Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Best buy loves us!

hahahaha.. they have these signs at sheetz too and i always park in them! i mean my KJ is smaller then a caddy DTS.. and more fuel efficient! also while we're on the topic of parking spots... in college ( Penn State) there was a HUGE parking lot i parked in and i 'acquired' a semi large orange construction cone i kept in my jeep under cover.. when i left my really good parking spot i'd put the cone at the end of it and my spot was ALWAYS there when i got back! it worked extremely well especially if there was a storm drain in the spot! i will never park in a handicap spot unless it is very serious and i (or someone i'm driving) is actually handicap. ... same with the expecting mother parking.

Author:  jmichaelsjeep [ Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Best buy loves us!

Okay, so I've been laughing my butt off reading this post! :-)r I work in the the design and construction profession and do a lot with sustainable design. These parking spaces are part of the USGBC's (U.S. Green Building Council) LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) rating system requirements for a "green" building. They are designated spaces giving preference to a certain customer base (similar to the mothers of children or expecting mother spots) and technically that is the way ADA spots started as well. Just as a reference, they only account for 5% of the site's parking capacity AND are required to be closest to the building. I'll stay away from whether they are right or wrong and I'm going to stay away from the arguement over whether or not it can be inforced or whether or not you should be parking there.

I will however provide this bit of info:
The determination for what constitutes a "low-emitting or fuel efficient vehicle" is defined by a vehicle that gets a score of 40 or higher on the ACEEE (American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy) green vehicle list. This list has more than just the prius on it :wink: But I thought it might be nice to add this link to the arguement: http://www.greenercars.org/highlights_greenest.htm You will see the list of the "greenest" vehicles of each class and on the side of the page you will see links to the meanest vehicles to the environment list and the overall list. You can search by year, make, model etc, to see how your vehicle ranks! EDIT: You can search the overall list (it is an excel file on one of the pages) and only if your vehicle MADE this list will it be on there.

Okay, I'm off my soap box now! :lol:

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Best buy loves us!

jmichaelsjeep wrote:
Okay, so I've been laughing my butt off reading this post! :-)r I work in the the design and construction profession and do a lot with sustainable design. These parking spaces are part of the USGBC's (U.S. Green Building Council) LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) rating system requirements for a "green" building. They are designated spaces giving preference to a certain customer base (similar to the mothers of children or expecting mother spots) and technically that is the way ADA spots started as well. Just as a reference, they only account for 5% of the site's parking capacity AND are required to be closest to the building. I'll stay away from whether they are right or wrong and I'm going to stay away from the arguement over whether or not it can be inforced or whether or not you should be parking there.

I will however provide this bit of info:
The determination for what constitutes a "low-emitting or fuel efficient vehicle" is defined by a vehicle that gets a score of 40 or higher on the ACEEE (American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy) green vehicle list. This list has more than just the prius on it :wink: But I thought it might be nice to add this link to the arguement: http://www.greenercars.org/highlights_greenest.htm You will see the list of the "greenest" vehicles of each class and on the side of the page you will see links to the meanest vehicles to the environment list and the overall list. You can search by year, make, model etc, to see how your vehicle ranks! EDIT: You can search the overall list (it is an excel file on one of the pages) and only if your vehicle MADE this list will it be on there.

Okay, I'm off my soap box now! :lol:
My KJ is rated as a "LEV",say's so on the emissions sticker,I can park anywhere I please :JEEPIN: .



Oh and when I had it emission tested 3 years ago I had to come back the next day as they thought there machine was broken since It was barely emitting any bad s**t out the tail pipe,well after having there machine calibrated(sniffer) It produced the same results the next day.Guess actually taking care of my KJ and "blowing the cobwebs out" often actually does help.

Author:  Sir Sam [ Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Best buy loves us!

tjkj2002 wrote:
Guess actually taking care of my KJ and "blowing the cobwebs out" often actually does help.


Agreed, that same can also be said for prostate health, "blowing out the cobwebs" is important for your prostate health, never forget that.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/