| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| BAD Credit financing http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=55607 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | gushatman [ Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | BAD Credit financing |
Sad to say it, but my credit sucks! Where can a person go to finance a vehicle they want? |
|
| Author: | bugnout [ Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: BAD Credit financing |
Well, the best advice I can give is to buy a beater for the winter and fix the credit first. 6 months of on time payments and paying down bills will go along way to improve your Credit score and get you the financing you need. Hope this doesn't sound like a lecture, I've been where you are. From experience I can tell you, there are no short cuts. |
|
| Author: | gushatman [ Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: BAD Credit financing |
I understand that totally. Right now the story goes, I own a 2006 Jeep liberty (ex gf cosigned) now she's trying to make me sell it by Sept 20th!! Good luck with that! |
|
| Author: | jmichaelsjeep [ Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: BAD Credit financing |
Can you just get another family member to cosign? Usually that works, but it depends on the bank. You just have to go in and refinance with another cosigner. It essentially takes her out of the equation. |
|
| Author: | SurfGuitar141 [ Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: BAD Credit financing |
gushatman wrote: I understand that totally. Right now the story goes, I own a 2006 Jeep liberty (ex gf cosigned) now she's trying to make me sell it by Sept 20th!! Good luck with that! If you are the primary signer of the loan, and she is just the co-signer, as long as you make the payments I do not believe she can "make you" sell the vehicle. If you default on more than one payment then she has a leg to stand on, and could probably force the issue. I'm no lawyer, been through a thing or two like this in the past, just going on what I learned the hard way. Laws are different in every state, look into it before doing anything you might regret later..... |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: BAD Credit financing |
What vehicle do you want to get, KJ or KK? |
|
| Author: | gushatman [ Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: BAD Credit financing |
I want a KJ!! CRD is the ONLY way to go!! |
|
| Author: | JL Rockies [ Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:53 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: BAD Credit financing |
Agreed but isn't this more of an off-topic discussion? |
|
| Author: | mikey1273 [ Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: BAD Credit financing |
no easy way to fix ur credit. you have to pay an time for 6 months to see improvment and thats just a start. it takes longer. years to build a solid history. you have to be careful not to over extend yourself to start with. ask your self how you plan to have the money to pay off or make the payment on something before you buy it. some things its best not to buy the first day you see and want.... wait a day or two or three then if you still want it ask yourself. how can I afford it and how long will it take to pay it off on credit? if you can answer those and deal with the paying for it and all then ok if not wait longer and save more money or do with out it. that is how I deal with buying on credit and I have a FICO score over 800 last i checked. another thing is don't buy the most expensive house the back will lend you money for you don't want to be house rich and cash poor and not be able to pay ur other bills...... that's alot of why there are forclosures. |
|
| Author: | warp2diesel [ Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: BAD Credit financing |
Assuming you have a job and making the payments, talk to your bank. Your 2006 is going on 5 years old and I bet the bank would prefer to have the money as you pursue another cosigner. As far as your Ex gos, there are a lot of Elected Officials I don't like, but since I don't live in their jurisdictions, I can't vote against them. Your Ex is out of the picture and it looks like she is on a Queen Bee Trip, perhaps she should see should look into perusing public office to fulfill her dreams. Sure she wants her name off the loan and that is all she can expect, but trying to make you not have wheels to get to work is a very petty vengeful tactic. Follow the advice others have posted on cleaning up your credit, pay your bills, and get on with life. Paying off your KJ is a good step in the right direction. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|