LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

How much would they have to pay you?
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=55726
Page 1 of 1

Author:  JL Rockies [ Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:07 am ]
Post subject:  How much would they have to pay you?

To do this job?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhtgsAXmz7U&feature=player_embedded
:shock:

Author:  wheeee32 [ Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: How much would they have to pay you?

You couldn't pay me any amount of money to do it. F that. :grim:

Author:  KJ 119 [ Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: How much would they have to pay you?

I volunteer for all of my company's jobs that involve heights.I would have to ask for a raise"no pun intended" if I were to do this fulltime though.
Did I mention that I'm afraid of heights. :shock: There's a tremendous rush with facing your fears.I would climb trees that friends wouldn't.Back in my graffiti days I would climb billboards and heavens that nobody would think about hitting.Bombay Sapphire helped. :mrgreen:

Author:  stoutdog [ Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How much would they have to pay you?

Absolutely terrifying. No freaking way would I do that.

Author:  Tokyojoe [ Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How much would they have to pay you?

Without looking at the link, is this where the guys climb the 1700+ ft tower free climbing?

Not a chance. Even with a harness, it would take at least $20,000 per pole climbed for me to do it. I used to climb poles for a cable company in my days way back when and some of those were scary tall ones.

Author:  kskj [ Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How much would they have to pay you?

I'm good until they got to climbing on the outside. There sure wasn't much wind at the top. I have walked beams at 420 feet up but that was tied off with two lanyards. It does give you a rush.

Author:  BugginKJ [ Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How much would they have to pay you?

I'd do it in a heartbeat :BANANA:

Author:  audiboy86 [ Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How much would they have to pay you?

I am with BugginKJ i would do this in a heart beat but i rock climb for fun. And do high ropes courses as much as possible. But yeah to do something like this everyday there would be atleats a 6 figure pay grade in there. Just for all the possible things that could happen that high that would more then end your exsistance in a very large puddle on the ground.

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How much would they have to pay you?

Pretty sick, I've been on an elevatorless that was just over 900ft, heights don't bother me, I've jumped out of plenty of perfectly good airplanes

HOWEVER, that friggin tower sways, tower i was one was across from an office building, and before we got to the breach i had noticed that i could sight down the beam at the office building and watch it go past 4 or 5 windows and then come back

my cousin who was the engineer, i was just assisting, told me it always does that, and was nothing to worry about.. Unless it went past a window and didn't come back.. :P

another thing about heights that I've noticed, atleast with myself, is that the less detail of ground borne objects I have, the less bothersome it seems

IE: 10k i could really care less, 200 feet I always had a sudden impression that the ground was coming way too fast :shock:


but would I do it for a job? Nah, I'm good.. but if it's your job, i'll go with ya and help ya all day long for two hundred :)

Author:  teckman02 [ Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How much would they have to pay you?

count me in too

Author:  WelshCherokeeCRD [ Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How much would they have to pay you?

Tokyojoe wrote:
it would take at least $20,000 per pole climbed


Sounds about what I paid my last girlfriend :P

Author:  Cherrie 274 [ Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How much would they have to pay you?

Because I have dial-up I can't view but I work at a local TV station our tower is about 1200'. We have painters that climbed it with rigging,but the inspector free climbed.
Image
You can see the base of the tower in this picture,it also sits in the highest point in Osceola County MI.

Author:  audiboy86 [ Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How much would they have to pay you?

WelshCherokeeCRD wrote:
Tokyojoe wrote:
it would take at least $20,000 per pole climbed


Sounds about what I paid my last girlfriend :P


Well dang she only charged my 10K per pole.

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How much would they have to pay you?

WelshCherokeeCRD wrote:
Tokyojoe wrote:
it would take at least $20,000 per pole climbed


Sounds about what I paid my last girlfriend :P



Dang fellas, mine ran me about 15k a year..

Need to watch your investments ;)

Author:  STINGN [ Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: How much would they have to pay you?

a job is a job, but this job better buy a benz each climb

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/