LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Warning to all pass this along Seriously
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=56322
Page 1 of 1

Author:  OldSkull [ Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Warning to all pass this along Seriously

Receive this from a friend : It's not a Halloween joke...

What a sick sad world – what next….
Spread it around to especially older folks who could be unwittingly exposed to this.

Subject:


DANGER ALERT - Picking Up Trash - **NO JOKE**


For those of you that may have kids around, a warning for all.

Apparently this is now happening in BC, and I am sure it will spread so
Please warn the Grandkids.

Well, this one is real - check it out via the Snopes link enclosed.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/bottlebomb.asp

In case you don't have time to read it / look at this right now:

Kids are putting Drano, tin foil, and a little water in soda bottles and capping it up - leaving it on lawns. When you go to pick up
The trash, and the bottle is shaken just a little - in about 30 seconds or less it builds up a gas and explodes with enough force to remove some of your extremities. The liquid that comes out is boiling hot as well.


Don't pick up any plastic bottles that may be lying in your yards or in the gutter, etc.
Pay attention to this.

1. A plastic bottle with a cap.
2. A little Drano.
3. A little water.
4. A small piece of foil.
5. Disturb it by moving it; and BOOM!!

No fingers left and other serious effects to your face, eyes, etc.

People are finding these bombs in mailboxes and in their yards, just waiting for you to pick it up intending to put it in the trash.
But, you'll never make it!!! It takes about 30 seconds to blow after you move the thing.

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Warning to all pass this along Seriously

Kinda like MRE bombs,sure had fun with those in the military.

Author:  JL Rockies [ Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Warning to all pass this along Seriously

Dude.... this was old news when it was posted a few weeks ago when I said it was old news. Just sayin'

Author:  warp2diesel [ Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Warning to all pass this along Seriously

OldSkull wrote:
Receive this from a friend : It's not a Halloween joke...

What a sick sad world – what next….
Spread it around to especially older folks who could be unwittingly exposed to this.

Subject:


DANGER ALERT - Picking Up Trash - **NO JOKE**


For those of you that may have kids around, a warning for all.

Apparently this is now happening in BC, and I am sure it will spread so
Please warn the Grandkids.

Well, this one is real - check it out via the Snopes link enclosed.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/bottlebomb.asp

In case you don't have time to read it / look at this right now:

Kids are putting Drano, tin foil, and a little water in soda bottles and capping it up - leaving it on lawns. When you go to pick up
The trash, and the bottle is shaken just a little - in about 30 seconds or less it builds up a gas and explodes with enough force to remove some of your extremities. The liquid that comes out is boiling hot as well.


Don't pick up any plastic bottles that may be lying in your yards or in the gutter, etc.
Pay attention to this.

1. A plastic bottle with a cap.
2. A little Drano.
3. A little water.
4. A small piece of foil.
5. Disturb it by moving it; and BOOM!!

No fingers left and other serious effects to your face, eyes, etc.

People are finding these bombs in mailboxes and in their yards, just waiting for you to pick it up intending to put it in the trash.
But, you'll never make it!!! It takes about 30 seconds to blow after you move the thing.


Heck in the US we can shoot them before we pick them up.
If air rifles are still legal in Canada, you should do the same.

Author:  OldSkull [ Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Warning to all pass this along Seriously

He just post this today,so maybe it's another wave of kiddo crap? I don't know, Halloween is coming so It can be just a urban legend like blade in apple ....I don't panic but I will double check just in case and like Warp suggest I use my air riffle if I find any plastic bottle.

I have seen kids fabricate soda bomb last summer (2 liters Coke+Mentos)

Time have changed since the burning bag of poo on the porch. :roll:

Author:  Budke [ Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Warning to all pass this along Seriously

This is REAL old news.
Me and some buddies used to make these and throw them in the pond behind one of our friends house and watch them explode.
This was some 4-5, maybe 6 years ago.
Instead of using drano we used 'the works'

Author:  Budke [ Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Warning to all pass this along Seriously

OldSkull wrote:
He just post this today,so maybe it's another wave of kiddo crap? I don't know, Halloween is coming so It can be just a urban legend like blade in apple ....I don't panic but I will double check just in case and like Warp suggest I use my air riffle if I find any plastic bottle.

I have seen kids fabricate soda bomb last summer (2 liters Coke+Mentos)

Time have changed since the burning bag of poo on the porch. :roll:



No we still do that.... :-)r

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Warning to all pass this along Seriously

No creativity........................

Sparkler bombs are fun,more so when duct taped to a tracter inner tube filled with acetlene/oxygen :shock:

Author:  stoutdog [ Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Warning to all pass this along Seriously

One 4th of July we had a fireworks war with the neighbors... My friend got pelted with roman candle shots, another friend used a piece of PVC pipe to create a (bottle) rocket launcher of sorts, and I had one harrowing experience involving a thousand pack of firecrackers being thrown into a bush I was hiding in... :SOMBRERO:

That said, these bottle bombs are sick. We chose to be stupid - teenagers, eh? - but putting someone else in danger like this is disturbing. Keep it PG, I say... a toilet papered house is still a funny sight.

Author:  OldSkull [ Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Warning to all pass this along Seriously

Your a bunch of weirdo! :goink: I live in CANADA ! You know the place you can sleep living your key in your car and your house door unlocked? Yea I live there! Nothing to worry our good gouvernement let us shoot our neighbors only with pea shooter gun! :-)r


Before they control arm...well I'm not that old! But I use to play a game with my friends when I was 10 years old, dropping a brick on a .22 caliber bullet and jumping before getting hit :mrgreen: Yep I was a crazy canuck!

Author:  Rotten Ollie [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Warning to all pass this along Seriously

am 43 years old and i still drop bricks on .22 caliber bullets :BANANA: :ROTFL: :pepper:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/