| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Looks like I'll be gone for a while... http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=58205 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | durangotang [ Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:53 am ] |
| Post subject: | Looks like I'll be gone for a while... |
So it looks like I'll be gone from the Jeep scene for the next year or so at the least. Just accepted a job over in Afghanistan and it looks like I'm heading out in the next couple of weeks, or whenever the NSA decides to realize that I already have security clearance. I won't bore you with all the details what I'll be doing, but this will be the view from my office (of course this pic was taken when i worked up in Alaska ) Unfortunately, this means I won't be able to make it to Pastafari this year I'll keep ya updated... |
|
| Author: | JL Rockies [ Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:00 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looks like I'll be gone for a while... |
This opens the door for a farewell MOAB run. |
|
| Author: | ATXKJ [ Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looks like I'll be gone for a while... |
that's an interesting view........ |
|
| Author: | steve03sport [ Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looks like I'll be gone for a while... |
good luck man. be safe |
|
| Author: | stoutdog [ Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looks like I'll be gone for a while... |
Yea, best of luck. Stay safe. |
|
| Author: | linewarbr [ Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looks like I'll be gone for a while... |
What kind of work do you do? I can't figure out if you are rigging a load of material to the line from that chopper, or if you are in a basket being picked up by or lowered from it. |
|
| Author: | durangotang [ Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looks like I'll be gone for a while... |
linewarbr wrote: What kind of work do you do? I can't figure out if you are rigging a load of material to the line from that chopper, or if you are in a basket being picked up by or lowered from it. Like this... ![]() ... not sure why this guy is holding a dog though |
|
| Author: | linewarbr [ Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looks like I'll be gone for a while... |
Cool. . . . |
|
| Author: | kskj [ Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looks like I'll be gone for a while... |
Good luck Ben,I hope they are paying you a outrageous amount of money. BE SAFE and we will miss you this year in Moab. |
|
| Author: | Zack A [ Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looks like I'll be gone for a while... |
BE SAFE. Ive got a few friends over there doing some private police work now. Posted via Tapatalk |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looks like I'll be gone for a while... |
so you can make money by hanging from a chopper? interesting..... so does hanging from a chopper pay better there than here? |
|
| Author: | durangotang [ Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looks like I'll be gone for a while... |
JJsKJ wrote: so you can make money by hanging from a chopper? interesting..... so does hanging from a chopper pay better there than here? Yep... that's it...they fly around with me dangling down there to act as a counterweight It does pay much better over there. 3x my current gross and no income tax kind of better. |
|
| Author: | JeepBumm68 [ Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looks like I'll be gone for a while... |
good luck ben with your adventure over there. Be safe man. |
|
| Author: | dieselenthusiast [ Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looks like I'll be gone for a while... |
durangotang wrote: It does pay much better over there. 3x my current gross and no income tax kind of better. Money talks. Will you have access to the internet most of the time? |
|
| Author: | durangotang [ Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:18 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looks like I'll be gone for a while... |
dieselenthusiast wrote: durangotang wrote: It does pay much better over there. 3x my current gross and no income tax kind of better. Money talks. Will you have access to the internet most of the time? I would imagine that internet will be hit or miss (at best). I will be based out of various FOB's as needed and those can vary from a small town to a bare bones tent city. I would guess that at least once a month or so I can check in on the world of LOST
|
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:44 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looks like I'll be gone for a while... |
so...tree trimming or light bulb changing? if bulb changing, how do they spin You once you have your hand on the bulb, seems that swivel would cause trouble w/ that?
|
|
| Author: | ATXKJ [ Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looks like I'll be gone for a while... |
uuummmhh - you understand the concept of FOB - is that's where people shoot at you.... I mean it's Foward so that if it's over run it doesn't impact the main base..... |
|
| Author: | JL Rockies [ Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looks like I'll be gone for a while... |
Durangotang is kind of a bad-ass... it's why I'm proud to call him friend. |
|
| Author: | warp2diesel [ Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looks like I'll be gone for a while... |
Let us know if the Story about Afghan Farmers putting Burkas on their Goats to keep the Teliban away from them is True or False. Proud to have you serve our country, even if you are working for a Contractor. |
|
| Author: | MtnLuvr [ Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looks like I'll be gone for a while... |
Sorry you'll miss Pastasafari in May but glad you're excited about the opportunity overseas. Be safe and enjoy the life experience. |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|