| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Why Top Gear UK is better than Top Gear US http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=58445 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | blackwidowkj06 [ Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Why Top Gear UK is better than Top Gear US |
Hello, If any American has seen the British version of Top Gear and then watched the American version, I bet 100% will say the British version is better. I watch all the new Top Gear UK episodes thanks to the nice people on Youtube who upload it. If you don't want to watch their newest episode, ATLEAST watch the first 2 minutes. You will see why the Britts do it better!!! If you cannot see this video, it's not me. It's the BBC and their silly copyright laws. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3cqGrUIVwo |
|
| Author: | stoutdog [ Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Why Top Gear UK is better than Top Gear US |
x2. I'm not a huge Top Gear fan, but the US version is terrible. |
|
| Author: | STINGN [ Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:09 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Why Top Gear UK is better than Top Gear US |
first episode sucked...the next few were alright. now they are terrible |
|
| Author: | blackwidowkj06 [ Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:17 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Why Top Gear UK is better than Top Gear US |
Guys, you need to watch that link I posted on here. You will crack up laughing. There are some funny bits that I cannot mention on here. Just watch it. |
|
| Author: | KJ 119 [ Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:33 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Why Top Gear UK is better than Top Gear US |
Top Gear US was lame-o. Now the muthatruckin' Britts...Care for a bit of P word? |
|
| Author: | blackwidowkj06 [ Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:36 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Why Top Gear UK is better than Top Gear US |
I take it KJ 119, you watch the bit about the christmas gifts *Tree on fire* "Here put it out with ..... ." Another thing I found hilarious was when they couldn't understand the people in NC, with the hillybilly accent. Haha, that's nothing! I've heard worse and this time they didn't get shot at |
|
| Author: | TAHOE [ Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:04 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Why Top Gear UK is better than Top Gear US |
I watched it for thefirst time last night, they were putting the big 3 trucks head to head in alaska.....of course, an old beat up chevy was still running at the end
|
|
| Author: | yodejt02 [ Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:33 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Why Top Gear UK is better than Top Gear US |
Not to take away from the fact that the U.S. Top Gear is terrible, have you ever watched the first/second season of the U.K Top Gear? The first two seasons of the U.K. Top Gear were awful, plus James May was not one of the original three. So, that said yes it seems that the U.S. Top Gear is just another rip off from our friends across the pond, but it could be that they just dont have the chemistry that we take for granted from U.K Top Gear. Checkout the Austrailian version of Top Gear as well I did enjoy the article James May wrote about way he hates the American Top Gear. |
|
| Author: | blackwidowkj06 [ Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:47 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Why Top Gear UK is better than Top Gear US |
Yes I did see the first two seasons of Top Gear UK. They had some fat guy on there, and it wasn't as good as the rest of it. I'm a HUGE Top Gear UK fan, and I almost had a chance to even go to the set of Top Gear in England. Here's my point, you can't recreate something that is already a "legend". I mean for crying out loud, the Top Gear US has done some of the same challenges as Top Gear UK, in their first season. They could be abit more creative, and I give them props for doing the Nascar thing. But honestly, I do not see the US Version last long unles people like to be put to sleep.
|
|
| Author: | FDez [ Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Why Top Gear UK is better than Top Gear US |
I love the original Top Gear. The US version started slow but seemed to grow on me. The only one I don't care for is Adam Farrera. He doesn't know squat about cars and doesn't seem overly funny. I didn't like Rutledge Wood at first but he got better as the season wore on. Probably since he knows about cars. I think the original US version would've been better with Adam Carolla instead of Farrera (He was in the pilot for NBC which didn;t get picked up). Maybe they will bring him back in for season 2...if there is one. Still won't compare to the UK version though. Dez |
|
| Author: | blackwidowkj06 [ Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Why Top Gear UK is better than Top Gear US |
FDez wrote: Still won't compare to the UK version though. No, it sure won't. |
|
| Author: | yodejt02 [ Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Why Top Gear UK is better than Top Gear US |
|
|
| Author: | KJ 119 [ Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Why Top Gear UK is better than Top Gear US |
blackwidowkj06 wrote: Here's my point, you can't recreate something that is already a "legend". Esqueezoint, It appears Iron Chef America has done quite well. |
|
| Author: | blackwidowkj06 [ Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Why Top Gear UK is better than Top Gear US |
KJ 119 wrote: blackwidowkj06 wrote: Here's my point, you can't recreate something that is already a "legend". Esqueezoint, It appears Iron Chef America has done quite well. That's irrelevant to what I'm talking about, and I'm not quite following what you're on about. |
|
| Author: | WelshCherokeeCRD [ Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:50 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Why Top Gear UK is better than Top Gear US |
Why is it you lot manage to muck up everything you copy from us? Top Gear is a terrible television show, anyway. It's neither entertaining, nor is it factual; thereby making it akin to Big Brother. The only difference being there are no attractive women. It never ceases to amaze me what passes for "good television". Know what you yanks were good for? Air Wolf. |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:14 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Why Top Gear UK is better than Top Gear US |
Maybe so.. but "Are you being served" > "Air Wolf" |
|
| Author: | Blue KJ in PA [ Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Why Top Gear UK is better than Top Gear US |
WelshCherokeeCRD wrote: Why is it you lot manage to muck up everything you copy from us? Top Gear is a terrible television show, anyway. It's neither entertaining, nor is it factual; thereby making it akin to Big Brother. The only difference being there are no attractive women. It never ceases to amaze me what passes for "good television". Know what you yanks were good for? Air Wolf. Thanks...now I have that chessy theme song in my head... I luved the show but that song....
|
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Why Top Gear UK is better than Top Gear US |
TAHOE wrote: I watched it for thefirst time last night, they were putting the big 3 trucks head to head in alaska.....of course, an old beat up chevy was still running at the end ![]() i was ticked about that epsiode. talk about NOT treading lightly. Lame. won't watch it any more. |
|
| Author: | blackwidowkj06 [ Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Why Top Gear UK is better than Top Gear US |
WelshCherokeeCRD wrote: Why is it you lot manage to muck up everything you copy from us? Top Gear is a terrible television show, anyway. It's neither entertaining, nor is it factual; thereby making it akin to Big Brother. The only difference being there are no attractive women. It never ceases to amaze me what passes for "good television". Know what you yanks were good for? Air Wolf. Wasn't my fault they copy from you all. I like Top Gear (UK) and say it's not a terrible show. If you're Welsh, don't you already have a hate for the Britts? I do have mates in Wales that I've known for 13 yrs, and love em like fam. |
|
| Author: | FDez [ Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Why Top Gear UK is better than Top Gear US |
WelshCherokeeCRD wrote: Know what you yanks were good for? Air Wolf. What about the Fall Guy? Or Greatest American Hero? Or Hardcastle and McCormick? Man, I used to watch some real garbage growing up.
|
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|