LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Burchie's Big Bear Boulder Bash
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3051
Page 1 of 2

Author:  dirtykj [ Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Burchie's Big Bear Boulder Bash

Burchie just got lifted and he's thinking of running Big Bear in early November. Any taker?

I'm up for November 12th. I think it'll be a one-day trip. Possibly two, if we decide to stay at a hotel.

Author:  Burchie [ Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

HUH? I'm doing what? Where? With whom? How come I'm always the last to know these things.

-Burchie

Author:  dirtykj [ Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

Burchie, your wife said it's OK to go play with your Jeep friends.

If she proves difficult, I can send Guido and Luigi to persuade her ...

Author:  JJsTJ [ Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ooohhhh...tempting.

Author:  dirtykj [ Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

You know, we could go on November 5th and make it a "Guy Fawkes" run :D (as in, you'd better make this trip or you'll suffer the same fate! :shock: )

Author:  Burchie [ Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

All ready playing with rocks Friday night. The Rolling Stones that is.

Author:  JJsTJ [ Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

12th won't work for me, gotta meeting to attend. :cry:

Author:  fermill403 [ Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:27 am ]
Post subject:  Big Bear

I have not officially signed up to the group, I was hoping to go on a couple of runs and meet a few more people before I joined. I have met Clint and everybody at All J, I bought a few things from there and Clint fixed the bauched install on my lift.
I am crazy about every where in Big Bear that I have gone, but the people that I know that I go with all have stock rigs so I dont get to get really crazy. I live in Redlands so Big Bear is my backyard so that is where I go play.
If you guys do this run I would love to tag along if that would be OK. I have a few things done as far as mods so I'm reasonably equiped I am doing what the budget and the wife will allow.

I hope to hear from someone soon.

Doug

fermill403@adelphia.net

Author:  Burchie [ Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:35 am ]
Post subject: 

Hey Doug,

Welcome. Of course you can come on the 1st annual Burchie's Big Bear Boulder Bash. (say that 5 times really fast) How about we call it B5? Everyone is welcome to come along. I'm working on door prizes, but I got pretty well cleaned out from the garage sale this weekend. Maybe I'll do 8x10 glosses for everyone with their rigs. Something like this.

Image

-Burchie

Author:  Burchie [ Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

By the way...this is a NONSACTIONED RUN. All it means is that it is just a bunch of guys getting to gether and going on a trail ride. It is not "LOST" KJ West event. Later...Clint

AND, Burchie, the boulders, and Big Bear are not responsible for this bash. Any questions, commits, or suggestions please contact Dirtykj. I'm just along for my good looks and promotional purpose.

-Burchie

Author:  KJ Willy [ Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

So what's the trial rating?

What needs to be done to our KJ's to make this a un run or all?

Author:  dirtykj [ Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

KJ Willy wrote:
So what's the trial rating?

What needs to be done to our KJ's to make this a un run or all?


Depends on where you want to go. If you go to Gold Mountain, it'll be ... uh ... 2.5 rocks (out of 4), and the Butler Peak is supposed to be a leisurely ride with fantastic views.

Author:  dirtykj [ Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

JJsKJ wrote:
12th won't work for me, gotta meeting to attend. :cry:


We're not picky. How's the 13th?

Author:  Burchie [ Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

if I have any say in it, I would like to keep it on the 12th. But I am just one man.

Author:  yazhi [ Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

OK if a girl tags along? 8)

Author:  dirtykj [ Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:37 am ]
Post subject: 

drivnmstilli wrote:
OK if a girl tags along? 8)


We'd be very happy to have you come along!

Author:  Burchie [ Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

Of course it's ok. Come one come all.

-Burchie

Author:  Burchie [ Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

KJ Willy wrote:
So what's the trial rating?

What needs to be done to our KJ's to make this a un run or all?



I'm going to get some trails lined up this week, then run them by Clint or Jeff to get their opinions on difficulty. I will know more when we get closer, and see who all is up for the trip. But no one will be left out. I will try and make the trails user friendly for all. A good variation of some rocks, trail running and a good time in the mountains. And if that doesn't work, we can all meet at Chads, play pool, drink beer and think up stories to tell the rest of the people who didn't make the trip.

-Burchie

Author:  Burchie [ Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ok guys, and gals.
We are going to meet in Green Valley Saturday the 12th at 8am. Green Valley Road is between Arrowbear, and Snow Valley ski area. Look for signs saying Green Valley or Crap Flats camp grounds. (we are going to meet in the town, not the camp grounds) The town is rather small, so we shouldn't have any problems finding each other. I will be on channel 4 with the CB, or PM me for my cell phone #. I don't know about fuel in Green Valley, so it would be best to fill it up in Running Springs.
The trails planed for the day are Holcomb Creek, then Gold Mountain. These are difficult trails that I have never been on before, so it's kind of like and exploration. The usual equipment is recommend; Lift, Boulder Bars, skids, and some meaty tires. Like I said, I have never been on these trails, so if we get up there, and they look like more then we want to bite off, we can change our route accordingly. Remember, plan for the worst, pray for the best. If you would like to look up these trails, they are HC = 3N39 and GM = 3N69.

-Burchie

By the way...this is a NONSACTIONED RUN. All it means is that it is just a bunch of guys getting to gether and going on a trail ride. It is not ""LOST"" KJ West event. Later...Clint

Image

Author:  dirtykj [ Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

... and we are off to Big Bear tomorrow!

It's not too late for anybody else who wants to go. Just come join us in this unsanctioned run.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/