LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

First time Jeep owner
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28429
Page 1 of 1

Author:  thebigtman [ Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:32 pm ]
Post subject:  First time Jeep owner

A big "hello" to all of my fellow Lone Star Jeepers. I just picked up a 05 Liberty Sport, CRD 4x4. This is my first Jeep but definitely not my first 4x4 or off-road vehicle. I live east of San Antonio in La Vernia, Texas so if any of you guys are close to me and want to do a mod get together, let me know. I don't have a vehicle lift but I've got a 30x40 detached garage just for me.

I've already got some mods on order and I'm looking to do a lift in the near future. If anyone has a line on some Rubicon moab wheels, let me know. Also, if any of you guys are window tint experts, I need to get some work done in that area too.

Here's my upcoming mod list for my Rubi KJ. I plan to do this in February.

1. OME lift
2. Moab wheels
3. 245/75 16 tires
4. Trailer Hitch and brake controller
5. Tint

Here's a link to my post in the CRD section that has pics of my rig. http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hp?t=28187

Take care guys,

Author:  TexasKJ07 [ Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

Tim,

I am in Floresville not too far from you at all. I have an 07 sport 4x2 which also needs help in the window tint area. I love working on cars and trucks. Worked on my K5 blazer all the time. Let me know if you want to meet up. My email is texasbowtie1975@yahoo.com, or floresvillevfd@felpsis.net. Have a good one talk to you later...Jason

Author:  ATXKJ [ Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

Howdy - I'm in Austin ~ a hour away.

On your mod list - don't forget skids - stock has ~6" of ground clearance - stock should have an Engine skid and probably a transfer case skid - you should look at adding transmission and Fuel tank.
If you're just running normal trails- the factory skids work and they're about $50-100 each - check jparts.com
If you're seriously into rocks or wanna be trails - there are serious ones ~$250-300 each. All-J's, Rock Lizard


and that Red does look good

Author:  thebigtman [ Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:06 am ]
Post subject:  Sounds good

Thanks guys.


Jason - I'm actually in between La Vernia and Floresville. We'll have to get together to do some mods sometime.

ATXKJ - Nice to see another local CRD'r on here too. I drive to Austin everyday. I work on the south side of downtown near I35/290. I hear ya on the skids. Those will be on my mod list but I want to get her looking good and then focus on some more of the functional stuff for the trail for the next round of mods. The wife gave me permission to do a pretty extensive list of mods so I will have plenty to keep me busy for a while!

FYI - I got my first tank run through her. I got 513 miles out of this tank with a combination of city/highway/country roads driving. I don't think that's too bad. I put in 19.9999 gallons when I filled it up! That's 25.65MPG...holy cow!!! I had my foot into it several times on this tank so I know I could have done a little better too. This time I'm going to do the ORM and see if I can get even better mileage.

Good to hear from you guys. Take care,

Author:  elephantrider [ Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:40 am ]
Post subject: 

welcome aboard.
im in austin as well, hopefully we'll get together for a run soon !

Author:  Gringo Loco [ Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hi and welcome to the site. I am down here in Laredo.


jasonk wrote:
hopefully we'll get together for a run soon !


We can do Katemcy Rocks in April or Memorial day weekend. It would be cool to have a group of KJ there.

Author:  thebigtman [ Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Never been there

Chris,

I've never been there. The place looks pretty sweet though. I assume that there is a wide range of trails, right?

I will have my lift and stuff done by then so if all works out, I'm up for a trip out there.

Author:  Gringo Loco [ Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

thebigtman, Katemcy has everything from mild to wild. They open on the weekend of 2/2/08 but I don't want to go when it is cold and Jasonk is coming down so we can weld up some sliders for his KJ. The trip we went to in Sept. was a blast it was fun to have another KJ with me (jasonk). We almost went every where the wranglers went that day. We did have to pick some interesting lines to say the least. I'm sure jasonk will chime in, since we worked our skids pretty good.

Author:  project renegade [ Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

I have a set of 245-75-16 Cooper Discoverer ATR's I will part with at a good price. Only 5K miles on them.

400 shipped. They are in excellent shape.

Let me know.

Brian

Welcome to the KJ world.

Author:  thebigtman [ Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Thanks

Thanks for the great welcome guys. I look forward to heading out to Katemcy sometime...but not before I can add some much needed armor to this little beast. I would also like to arrange a trip to Big Bend since I've never been there before. I'm sure there are lots of places to explore out there. If anyone is interested in doing a weekend trip out there, I'm up for that too.

Brian, I'll let you know about the tires. I'm trying to find the Moab wheels and Goodyear MTRs together but if I can't, I'll piece something together.

Have any of you guys done your own lift? I'm planning to order the OME lift (for CRDs). I don't think it'll be that tough. I guess I'll just have to get a shop to use their strut compressor to install the springs onto the struts and I can do the swap/assembly of the rest of it at home. I've done plenty of wrenching before but not on a Jeep.


Tim

Author:  ATXKJ [ Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

craigslist

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/pts/528623327.html

Quote:
Wheels off of a 2004 Rubicon Jeep. Will fit all TJ's, XJ's and YJ's. Wheels are in almost perfect shape and tires have about 75% tread left. The tires are Goodyear MTR's. Just have them rebalanced. All you will need are lugs nuts. I can be reached @210/213-2921. Dave Price is $450.00 obo

Author:  elephantrider [ Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

youll mos def want to get your lift and skids on before stepping foot in katemcy.
lots o' unforgiving granite.

is an awesome park though. you can really stretch your jeep out.
had a blast that day. tore up one slider and one tranny skid plate.

i think most of us down here are running old man emu.
thats the best brand to go with for your lift.

stock armor works most of the time. i really beat mine up for the last two years, and im just now having to replace it with heavier equipment.

p.s. im down for a run anytime except during moab trip. i still havent met darby. :cry:

Author:  thebigtman [ Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Gotcha

I called that guy with the wheels. The tread looks to be 50% at best to me but it's still probably a good deal.


Katemcy sure sounds like fun. I look forward to meeting you guys.

Tim

Author:  elephantrider [ Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

noticed you avatar.
we've seen those guys so many times, they're always kick stupid .

Author:  thebigtman [ Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Clutch

Next time they're in town, I need to go. I missed the last two times that they were in SA and then in Austin.

I first saw them about 10 years ago playing in Cleveland. Kick azz show.

Author:  elephantrider [ Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

we've seen them at emo's three times, chicago twice, and toledo twice.

never a dull moment or a crappy show with clutch.

they rock.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/