| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Wheelin' in Wellsville http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=21606 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | kspageddie [ Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Wheelin' in Wellsville |
Has any one been off roading in Wellsville, Ohio? I am looking for a place to go ( this would be first time out ) and was wondering if this place is worth the trip. Thanks in advance.. |
|
| Author: | KJ04 [ Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wheelin' in Wellsville |
kspageddie wrote: Has any one been off roading in Wellsville, Ohio? I am looking for a place to go ( this would be first time out ) and was wondering if this place is worth the trip.
Thanks in advance.. Well worth the trip, lots of hills, creek beds, some rocks, and mud holes. Make sure you have tow points front and rear if you're stock, and be very carefull where you go with that low clearance. I didn't even bother going down till I had a lift, mud tires, and armor. |
|
| Author: | Stuhlie [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:48 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Take K JO4 's advice ! I've been there stock before and if you don't know where your going your headed in to trouble down there. The big guys have tore it up pretty bad in the past . If you do go you'll wish you where lifted . When I went down there last year I did play around abit but I knew where I was going . Have fun and be safe .Take a friend |
|
| Author: | Sean150 [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Will a 3inch lift and ATs do the job or does it take MTs? |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I would say Wellsville would take a MT for sure. Eastern Ohio mud can be a pain in the |
|
| Author: | moose [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Sean150 wrote: Will a 3inch lift and ATs do the job or does it take MTs?
But those would be great in Livingston!!! |
|
| Author: | KJ04 [ Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:49 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Sean150 wrote: Will a 3inch lift and ATs do the job or does it take MTs?
You'd be OK if it hasn't rained there recently and it dosen't rain the day you go down. July and August would be your best time. Wellsville is very hilly terrain with few flat areas, and home to Quads, Rail Buggy's, Dirt Bikes, and all types of Off-Road vehicles, predomantly the Wrangler variety on 35's. The terrain is suited from fairly mild for the novice, to Oh stinky poo for the hardcore extreamist, with plenty of obstacles and medium to choose from, it's all here in Wellsville. Some of it is exposed to sunlight that drys up quickly, however, most of it is covered in trees and foilage that doesn't get sunlight and can stay on the wet side for months. Water errosion from stroms is constanty changing the shape of the trails, so a trail that was passible two months ago, may not be the next time you go, which makes Wellsville always a challange and cuts down on boredom with the trails. A small chain saw is also advisable to go in with your recovery gear, at least I carry one, and it has saved my butt a few times. In the event you do run into trouble, there are usually experienced off-roaders around to help you out. Wellsville is mostly a clay compound, so when you add water, it turns to greese, which will cake up an AT and turn them in to slicks. Even small grades are hard going and a challange with M/T's, lift, and lockers, let alone the steep grades down there when it rains. An afternoon thunder storm can really wreek havoc and tie up the trails with spinning stock/AT tires on Holiday weekends when it's crowded with wana be off-roaders that have no clue as to what they're doing. I avoid going down there on Holiday weekends if rain is even in the forcast. Check the Wellsville weather forcast before you go! (Directions and sample pictures in Nick's pics.) Warning, Wellsville is NOT reccomended for stock Liberty's |
|
| Author: | Stuhlie [ Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:04 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
KJ04 You hit Wellsville just right with all that info. Great Job |
|
| Author: | KJ04 [ Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:09 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Stuhlie wrote: KJ04 You hit Wellsville just right with all that info. Great Job
Thank's Stuhlie, just hope I didn't scare anyone away. It's not really all that bad if you're equipped for it, and ride in a small group with someone that knows there way around. So, when are you going to get lifted and start coming down to play? |
|
| Author: | kspageddie [ Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thanks for the responses. I may just have to wait until I get lifted before I go and play. Is there any where else around Ohio that would be okay for a poor boy and his stock Libby to play? |
|
| Author: | jerbacher [ Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
kspageddie wrote: Thanks for the responses. I may just have to wait until I get lifted before I go and play. Is there any where else around Ohio that would be okay for a poor boy and his stock Libby to play?
ehhhhh.... not too much off roading in ohio that i've heard of. livingston KY and badlands IN are probably your best bets. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|