| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| exhaust??? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=24668 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | KJ2K4 [ Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | exhaust??? |
I was wondering if anyone had put an exhaust on their kj? I was into the tuner scene before my kj and i cant even hear my kj when im driving, i was just thinkin bout just a flowmaster muffler, maybe headers. |
|
| Author: | FastTRX [ Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have a flowmaster 40 series on mine....$75 at Advance Auto (in stock! As far as headers go....I think there was some talk of JBA making some for the 3.7L. I don't know the price, but seeing as how the KJ isn't very quick from the get go, I would just slap on a flowmaster or catback system and call it quits. I'd rather spend my money on other things like wheels/tires or lockers. Check out the 4X2 section for performance mods. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
just replace the muffler also no need to spend the extra bucks on the same size tailpipe. More money for other things that way Tom |
|
| Author: | KJ2K4 [ Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
hey thanx, i had a 60 series on my cavalier z24 and it was nice and deep sounding. I was just on flowmsters website and saw the 50 series suv and played and audio clip and it sounds nice. |
|
| Author: | hyedipin [ Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I think those clips are from v8 engines.. It sounds only a bit close to those on a KJ, revving at idle, you won't get anything. |
|
| Author: | KJ2K4 [ Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
ok i see that u have that 50 series muffler, how do u like it? |
|
| Author: | 06LIB [ Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
here is a single chamber cheery bomb with dual outlets
|
|
| Author: | hyedipin [ Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
KJ2K4 wrote: ok i see that u have that 50 series muffler, how do u like it?
It's OK. If I knew that it was going to be this quiet, I would have kept my stock muffler. Honestly. I have not seen any performance or mpg increase, I am strictly city driving, about 40 miles each day, and it has a weird way of quieting down or getting loud. You just have to find its sweet spot, and only then it is rumbling. I would have gone with 40 delta instead. Check my videos, you will get an idea. I will have to have someone hold the cam away one day and I can pass by to hear what others have been hearing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg5QnaCX ... 5Fid%3D488 http://gallery.jeepprojects.com/details ... age_id=491 |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I love my Flowmaster 50 series SUV. Perfect note, nice and low, doesnt sound to raspy(does alittle in higher rpms).. Ive not really seen an increase in mpg though. Maybe 1-2 but its hard to notice. I did figure up my mpg and got 20.3 after my trip home this past weekend. With speeds upwards of 75mph, I thought that was great. Ive always seen 20+ on the evic but Ive never figure it by hand and gotten over 20+, which I did this time. |
|
| Author: | KJ2K4 [ Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
yea i know for a fact that there will be no hp or tourqe increase on a muffler alone, just lookin for some sound. |
|
| Author: | hyedipin [ Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
KJ2K4 wrote: yea i know for a fact that there will be no hp or tourqe increase on a muffler alone, just lookin for some sound.
Today I lowered the windows, and took her for a ride, what I realized is when you drive in 4x4 Full Time and have A/C on, it howls so much better for some crazy reason. I also realized it sounds so much better outside, since I never drove with the windows down at 20-30 mph with rpm around 1800. It is sounding at its peak at that rate. Remember I mentioned that sweet spot, it is about that. Slower you go, rpm is just not enough to make noise, faster you go with lower RPM, engine noise takes over and there isn't much discharge to make noise, But when you floor it, it sounds sweet. Again, was it worth $175? I doubt it. I really would hate it if it sounded like one of those cheap imports that sounds like tin can pipes.. This sounds OK, again, not worth the money I spent on it.` If you can get it for $75 and get it welded for like $25 locally, go for it. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
175 bucks ......wow I had a Flo-Pro same as a Flow Master installed for 75 check around you can get some good deals with a little shopping around |
|
| Author: | hyedipin [ Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
tommudd wrote: 175 bucks ......wow I had a Flo-Pro same as a Flow Master installed for 75 check around you can get some good deals with a little shopping around
I paid $105 for it shipped and paid $70 for it to get welded.. NY prices are bitchinly high.. |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:28 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Get someone to do a drive-by with you standing on the side walk hyedipin. It sounds better from the outside than you think it does. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:34 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Sorry hyedipin forgot where you are from, seems everything is higher over there than what I am used to! Tom |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|