LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Midwesterner LOST in Colorado
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=33313
Page 1 of 1

Author:  meh_kick [ Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Midwesterner LOST in Colorado

I visited family in Colorado and had quite a trip. If the Rocky Mountains outside of Denver are any indication of the Jeep Safari trails in Ouray, it will most definitely be worth the trip in 2009.

Coors Field - to watch the 2007 World Series "champs" play... fortunately the put together a victory:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

South Park - an area approximately 60 miles x 40 miles of plains at an elevation of 8000+ feet:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

The cabin and it's view of the ridge:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Trail head to North Twin Cone Peak - a 13,000 foot peak within a few miles of the cabin where I stayed:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

My new desktop background: "Road Requires 4 Wheel Drive"
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Not the smartest thing to do, jeeping with only one vehicle - after this stuck, we turned around and headed down the mountain. Almost a 4 hour round trip to this point, still 3/4 of a mile from the peak. Others in the area claim that the back side of the mountain is still covered in snow and impassible.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

More county roads at 10,000+ elevation - a scenic return to the cabin.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

The fishing hole - our catch were two stringers with rainbow and brown trout, later cooked over the campfire
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Up route 40 to Winter Park - the last day spent in the mountains - a 13,000 pass that lead to another lake and cabin
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Red Rocks Amphitheatre - always impressive
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Author:  03kjsport [ Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

RED ROCKS. i saw some of the best shows there. not to mention great trails to hike. i lived about 10 min away for 3 years. great place

Author:  03CDKJ [ Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

Nice pics Mitch!!!
Looks like you had a great time...
I had to do a double take, I didn't reconize you all clean shaven. :D
Chris

Author:  Guest [ Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:41 am ]
Post subject: 

cdiekhans wrote:
Nice pics Mitch!!!
Looks like you had a great time...
I had to do a double take, I didn't reconize you all clean shaven. :D
Chris


Had you not said anything, I would've never noticed that was him.

Looks like a blast out there!

Author:  tommudd [ Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

I kept looking for Mitch but couldn't find him until I thought thats him there but :shock:
Great pics and after seeing those swimming things on the fire, I am hungry!!!
Oh yours stuck looks familer but only on the left side not right! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom

Author:  modular [ Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:12 am ]
Post subject: 

Holy moly, that looked like a great trip!! B-e-a-utiful scenery.

Author:  MP Jeeper [ Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

Great pics! i'm so bummin' cause i had planned a wheeling & packing trip to Ouray for last week and had to cancel cause all trails still snowed in. :x

Is there a rally planned for Ouray in '09 or did i read that wrong? i am planning to make that trip next year anyway (since cancelled this year).

Author:  moose [ Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:43 am ]
Post subject: 

Yes, rally next summer in Ouray.


BTW, are you guys sure Mitch was in these? I didn't see anyone with a beard...

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/