| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Holy crap http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=36007 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | Guest [ Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Holy crap |
So who else got hit hard by the wicked winds? I just got power back yesterday. Eek. |
|
| Author: | zzack92 [ Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
awh man we lost power and got 9" of rain! |
|
| Author: | tan's2002kjlimited [ Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I thought it was going to rain for 40 days and 40 nights, there for a while. |
|
| Author: | TAHOE [ Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
We just got power back this morning. I see your shop got it back yesterday, I was getting gas at Walmart last night. Sucked not having water, sometimes being on well water is not all that great. Lost a window and about a square worth of shingles and had to repair 4 sections of privacy fence,....could've been worse. That was pretty wicked winds. I have friends in Delhi/N Ky who still don't have any power. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I heard that the lower part of Ohio got it worse, all we got was some rain! Lots of the people in our main office in Columbus are still without power! |
|
| Author: | dog_party [ Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
My parents were in their house in Lex, KY through that storm and said they had sustained 60MPH winds through the whole thing (with all flights out of LEX cancelled), but "only" 4 inches of rain. They said Louisville and Cinci had 75MPG sustained winds. I hope everyone made it through okay. |
|
| Author: | Guest [ Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yeah, all the flights were cancelled...my ex's (or whatever the hell she is right now) flight from DC was supposed to be here Sunday night, but got put off until Monday morning. Tahoe, yeah, we got power back yesterday, but we were there all through sunday and most of Monday;) I've heard the "real" Cincinnati area is pretty hard off and I know a couple people in Hyde Park that are still powerless. |
|
| Author: | meh_kick [ Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:31 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Just got my power back yesterday. Lost it Sunday before noon. Pretty amazing to live through Hurricane Cincinnati. |
|
| Author: | TAHOE [ Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
meh_kick wrote: Pretty amazing to live through Hurricane Cincinnati. Now that is funny!!!!!! |
|
| Author: | Jeger [ Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
We had power back sunday night, but I know people in kettering and franklin that are still without power. Finally had a good reason to get the chainsaw out at least. Oh and I got to watch a camper get blown over out on RT 35. And we almost didnt make it home . Couldnt find the right combination of Diesel fuel and electricity..... |
|
| Author: | InCommando [ Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
STILL no power here! AUUUUGH! JEGER, if I get a lot of extension cords....... |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
dog_party wrote: My parents were in their house in Lex, KY through that storm and said they had sustained 60MPH winds through the whole thing (with all flights out of LEX cancelled), but "only" 4 inches of rain. They said Louisville and Cinci had 75MPG sustained winds. I hope everyone made it through okay.
Got lots of heavy winds here in lex(I live here now) but not a drop of rain. |
|
| Author: | Towstrap [ Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Just got power, internet, cable, email back at 11 AM today. I had an old 3500 watt generator that died Tuesday night. I was able to secure a replacement generator thru work. Although it is great to have a generator, it cost about $40/day to keep gasoline in it. Then there is the oil change every 48 hours. I am really glad that the weather (other than the wind storm) was so mild. I had gone down to Hillz n Hollerz a couple of weeks ago with a couple of guys with lifted Cherokees (Scott B. and Dustin). A really wonderful place to wheel. The owner is great, etc. I think that Hillz n Hollerz might be a bit much for Libertys though. We went on a course that pretty much goes by most of the trails, a lot of it following a creek. The ruts in many areas would cause even a lifted Liberty to seek help if you ended up in one. We didn't see it all, so maybe there is some stuff better suited to Libertys. It sure is great to have power, etc. Back. Towstrap/Jim |
|
| Author: | modular [ Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Towstrap wrote: I think that Hillz n Hollerz might be a bit much for Libertys though.
Hmmmm, don't say that to my or ThunderbirdJunkie's KJ's. Been down there a couple times now and was able to do all but one trail http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... highlight= Glad to hear you finally got power!!! |
|
| Author: | InCommando [ Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
DId you go with the folks from ohiooffroad.com? That is supposed to be a fun place. Still no electric, etc... in Bellbrook. |
|
| Author: | KY Liberty [ Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Just got a lot of wind here in Lexington KY. Not a drop of rain on the south side of Lexington. Don't know what part of Lexington dog_party's parents live in to have gotten 4 inches. The only damage I had was it pulled the vent loose on the top of my roof. My parents and brother on the farm outside of Lousivlle have been without power all week though. Luckily my parents have a small generator, and my brother's house has a gas water heater and stove. |
|
| Author: | modular [ Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
InCommando wrote: DId you go with the folks from ohiooffroad.com?
Nope, both times with the Muddy Buddy's out of Dayton. I could never drum up enough interest here on LOST to plan a trip. |
|
| Author: | dog_party [ Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
My parents have a house over on the west side of Lex, near Masterson Station Park. It is possible that my Mom meant that their west KY house (west of Paducah) got the 4 inches. Sorry for the confusion. She has a tendency to use a lot of pronouns and change subjects without alerting her audience that she's suddenly talking about something else. Glad to hear that everyone made it through with their health. Sorry to hear there's still no power in Belbrook. Dealing with that is no fun at all. |
|
| Author: | KY Liberty [ Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
That sounds more correct. Paducah would have gotten a good amount of rain. You should try having a conversation with my Mom. She used to walk out the door and drive off while still talking to you and get mad that you didn't do what she told you to do after she had left. |
|
| Author: | tjkoen01 [ Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
that was a pretty wicked wind storm. I was pulling a trailer thru ohio when i encountered the storm. you know it's bad when the tranny shifts into 2nd to maintain 50 mph on flat ground! luckly the house survived and we got our power back tuesday. i know a handful of people that still do not have power here in louisville. |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|