| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Fountains – winter snow wheeling? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38486 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | lionseye640 [ Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:18 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I'd be willing to give it a go sometime |
|
| Author: | kskj [ Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:50 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Just go to a place you have been to before so you know the trail. We were real careful not to get into something we couldn't get out of. |
|
| Author: | callaway [ Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I'm in but not till next year |
|
| Author: | CrossBones [ Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yeah I might be interested, but if I have to buy a snow suit & galoshes - no way in h---! |
|
| Author: | callaway [ Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:09 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
yellocoyote wrote: CrossBones wrote: Yeah I might be interested, but if I have to buy a snow suit & galoshes - no way in h---! Adds to the difficulty, doesn't it? lots of things work in theory |
|
| Author: | ihatemybike [ Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Grumpy will be sitting this one out me thinks. |
|
| Author: | CrossBones [ Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Good thing we're not going this weekend. Without snorkels we would be dead in the water, literally. |
|
| Author: | callaway [ Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I don't remember seeing any, but is there flowing water in the fountains ? I remember lots of deep ruts and stagnant water holes... but any creeks/streams? |
|
| Author: | MP Jeeper [ Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:48 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
FYI, i went wheelin' on a friends' property years ago that, from your descriptions/pics, seems quite a bit like the fountains. We went on a snow covered 15 degree day and by the time we were done all the frozen parts weren't so frozen. It could still get to be a soupy mess after enough wheelin' .. . . . still we had LOTS of fun! i'm sure it wouldn't be as bad as during a thaw but well, you know the rest. BTW, hope you all had a merry Christmas! ! ! |
|
| Author: | CrossBones [ Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Of course if you're really wanting to play with water, one could attempt to drive across the frozen retention pond just east of the water tower. |
|
| Author: | tan's2002kjlimited [ Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:41 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
With all the snow melt, I'll bet there's more than a few small lakes in there now. |
|
| Author: | lionseye640 [ Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Pending weather, looks like it could work for me. |
|
| Author: | callaway [ Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
think there will be snow by then |
|
| Author: | CrossBones [ Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
yellocoyote wrote: Pending weather, thinking of going sometime the weekend of Jan. 17th or 18th.
Any takers? 17th, no. 18th, maybe - there's nothing on the calendar, but I have to check with the wife to make sure I don't have previous plans. |
|
| Author: | lionseye640 [ Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
yellocoyote wrote: So, I'm thinking of doing this on Sunday the 18th, pending any rash heat waves in the Chicago area between now and then...
Looks okay so far - http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USIL0280 Who's in? 1. yellocoyote 2. I'm in (99.9% sure I'll be there) |
|
| Author: | CrossBones [ Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
yellocoyote wrote: So, I'm thinking of doing this on Sunday the 18th, pending any rash heat waves in the Chicago area between now and then...
Who's in? 1. yellocoyote 2. lionseye640 I'm in (99.9% sure I'll be there) 3. CrossBones (unless it isn't frozen and snow covered) |
|
| Author: | callaway [ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I'd like to... but its too far out to commit for sure... |
|
| Author: | callaway [ Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
ok then 1. yellocoyote 2. lionseye640 I'm in (99.9% sure I'll be there) 3. CrossBones (unless it isn't frozen and snow covered) 4. Callaway |
|
| Author: | CrossBones [ Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yes. I've been there several times. I'm not sure about the restaurant? The only one I know is Hooters on Rt14. Yeah, go figure, right. Anyway, I will PM you for details. Thanks. |
|
| Author: | CrossBones [ Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Works for me! btw; Ihatemybike will be there, right? |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|