LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Anyone care to join?
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=47152
Page 1 of 1

Author:  mx524 [ Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Anyone care to join?

Well, I havent been on the forums in quite some time and regrettably missed the Bear Lake run a few weeks ago, but Im back and the Liberty has some new meats. Ah...I missed the countless hours of perusing through threads when I should be doing a million other things 8)

Anyways, my lady and I are taking a final run up to Nicolet National Forest to do some mild stocker wheelin', wilderness campin', and photo capturin' of whatever is left of the fall foliage. We will be leaving Jackson WI around 6am this Saturday (the 17th), headed for Mountain, WI. We plan on staying around the area until about 2 or 3pm Sunday.

Like I said, the Liberty is all stock....no skids, front recovery/no rear recovery...245/70 Kumho AT's...sooo the trail running is mainly for wildlife viewing and mild mud slingin. Nothin too crazy in fear of getting stuck and being solo....well, unless of course we have some wheelin companions to aid in recovery :wink: then the pipeline or some harder trails might be in order.

If any of you are interested in meeting up with us let me know! I will post up the photos when we are back! :D


Image

Author:  callaway [ Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

If I wasn't doing the Badlands the week after I'd go.

Good luck ! Nicolet got a couple inches of snow this past weekend - should be fun !

Author:  mx524 [ Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thanks for the good wishes! I sure hope some color is left! At home here in southeastern WI its gettin pretty bare already :shock:

No worries...plenty of images to come :D the mission of this trip is to work up a whole bunch of neat shots...well, atleast my mission lol :lol: My gf is pretty good about tailing me for a few hours while I get lost in nature's details 8) Just hoping Im back on Sunday to edit them up and not buried in the forest somewhere waiting for someone to give me a tug. lol

Author:  callaway [ Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

mx524 wrote:
not buried in the forest somewhere waiting for someone to give me a tug. lol


Take your time and be careful - there are some nasty places on those Nicolet logging roads...

Author:  mx524 [ Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:15 am ]
Post subject: 

callaway wrote:
mx524 wrote:
not buried in the forest somewhere waiting for someone to give me a tug. lol


Take your time and be careful - there are some nasty places on those Nicolet logging roads...


Advice taken, and I know first hand what you mean! We will be spending most of our time just south of Lakewood, mostly west of Paya Lake. Ive roamed that area for a few years, mostly during hunting season, and am pretty familiar with that region. Seen some pretty ruff stuff for being an open forest service road...looked more like a designated four wheelin obstacle area lol. But, old is never quite as exciting as new so we will most definitely be venturing north, may run part of the auto tour if things are abit sloppy, and will also be scoping out most of the area west of Lakewood.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/