| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| LOST ROCKIES as a Club and becoming OFFICIAL http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8059 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | LOST ROCKIES as a Club and becoming OFFICIAL |
Ted and I talked on the CB as we drove home and concluded that we need to just get the by-laws done and not worry about anybody but the dedicated few. If the others want to be a part of LOST Rockies, they will just have to accept what we decide. We have been waiting too long for everyone to put their two cents in and nobody is doing it so the few dedicated participants should just make the decisions and get this club moving into official club status and anyone that wants to be a part, will have to accept what we come up with. Kinda like the way voting goes. Just like during election day throughout the country: Everyone (adult, non-criminal, and a citizen) has a vote but only a small percentage actually vote. The ones that don't vote, don't deserve a say. They had their chance. They can't witch and moan about a law passing or a certain person winning an election. That's how our government works. If you don't like what I just wrote, get involved with LOST Rockies and quit sitting in the background, lurking. Just in Colorado, there are over 50 people listed as being on the LOST forum, yet only a few are active on here or want to get involved as a club. Throw in the total of New Mexico and Utah LOST forum members and the numbers change very little (in active participants). We have to get this going and waiting around won't do it. SPEAK UP, PEOPLE! |
|
| Author: | Troysterr [ Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
If we follow the lead of LOST West, we should be fine--they're obviously very, very successful, and get few complaints, AFAIK. Quite honestly, I'm not that concerned about the details of the bylaws. I doubt that more than 10% of the LOST West members have any idea what the bylaws say--they just stay within the rules because they're good folks by nature. I'm just looking forward to getting the bylaws done and officers elected so that I can pay my dues and feel official. |
|
| Author: | KW AV8R [ Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I'm with Troy on this one. The only parts that really concern me are whether we're going to associate ourselves with another organization. Beyond that, everything else is minutiae as far as I'm concerned. For the record, I have $24 burning a hole in my pocket. |
|
| Author: | Kugellager [ Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Any of the times I read the bylaws, originally and with the further minor modifications, there were never any significant objections or modifications I saw that were neccesary. We made the modifications to the lost West bylaws to suit us and from what I saw they were more than adequate. I say go for it and let us know when are dues are due. It's spring now and its definitely time to start planning our local weekend runs. John ];') |
|
| Author: | USAFCOP [ Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I will revisit them again tomorrow or Tuesday. From the concensus, and because we will be using the same By-laws for all three states, I will be removing all links to Colorado 4x4 association. The only thing I would still like to set up is at least an option of part of dues going to Tread Lightly or Blue Ribbon. Marty and I were talking about running Eaglerock or another trail down here in the next two weeks. By then maybe we can get the movers and shakers in CO to come down and look and maybe approve them... |
|
| Author: | RespectMyLibertay [ Mon May 01, 2006 10:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I'd put in my two cents, but I wouldn't know what to say. I saw a draft of the by-laws a few months ago here on the forum and nothing concerned me at all. Most of us who aren't considered "active" just don't have the time to try to promote the club and make it official ourselves. I myself barely have the time from work, school, and private studies to do trail runs with you guys. This summer, though, I am going to make at least one trail run, and hopefully all of the relatively local ones. |
|
| Author: | krazz1e [ Tue May 02, 2006 3:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I read through them a few times and they were fair and good to me. USAFCOP, loved those bumpers man... lucky |
|
| Author: | RespectMyLibertay [ Wed May 03, 2006 1:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I will definitely be asking off work way in advance for a run up Eagle Rock soon. Summer's almost here for us high school kiddos, so I will be freed up to do some trail running! Also, I might invite a friend or two if no one mind's a bud of mine struggling behind us in his gigantic YJ. Wouldn't you all just love it if I could get that kid in Castle Rock with the SFA Xterra to wheel with us? Of course I'm already looking into it
|
|
| Author: | fish eye [ Wed May 03, 2006 9:17 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I read through the by-laws just the other day. I can't recall any changes that I would like to see that would benefit the whole club. Are there any updated/revised version posted for us to look at? I'm interested in the club. You can count me in! |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|