It is currently Wed Oct 07, 2026 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Which lift should I get?
Revtek 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Tuff Country 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Neither 95%  95%  [ 52 ]
Total votes : 55
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:33 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Posts: 270
tjkj2002 wrote:
To get better rear flex try to get the Rancho 17004's,or any good quaility rear shock that fits a stock(no lift) Dodge Durango.


I am going to run down to Les Schwab and get some front struts with the springs. In case they can't get the Rancho RSX will any of these struts/shocks be considered quality. http://www.lesschwab.com/shocks.asp

_________________
2006 Midnight Blue Jeep Commander 4x4
Bone stock for now.
http://www.pnwjeep.net/forum
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:04 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:52 am
Posts: 748
Location: Kingsport,TN
you can get the Rancho 17004s at advanced auto :idea:

_________________
cactus green 03 sport 3.7
Rusty's coil lift w/ Rancho RSX shocks & 3 ring clevis
custom skids and rock rails ; Surco roof rack w/ hi lift mounted
pioneer cd/aux with Zune mounted on dash; uniden cb with 4' K40 antenna
xeon lights; grill inserts; black wheels; 245/75/16s MTRs
#1281 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2967585/1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:36 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:25 pm
Posts: 1361
Location: Grafton, Ohio
Auto Zone has Gabreal rear shocks for the Durango At $21.99 ea.,(#244596 - 61658) two of them would be less than one Rancho 17004.

_________________
Slightly modified Lt. Khaki 3.7 2004 LTD 4X4. Purchased new 8/6/03.
What I don't have....A Mag light mounted to my seat.
Original Old L.O.S.T. #000354

Nick's Pics & Mods click here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/531173
http://www.survivaltopics.com/forums/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:34 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Posts: 270
Ok I've got the rear shocks figured out. For the front struts I was looking at the Rancho RS5000, or KYB GR-2 as an alternative to the Rancho RSX.

_________________
2006 Midnight Blue Jeep Commander 4x4
Bone stock for now.
http://www.pnwjeep.net/forum
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:38 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Posts: 270
ARBSeth wrote:
N132 OME Shocks...
Rancho's aren't valved specifically for the KJ... and the ends are slilghtly different... they fit but crush down your factory mounts a little. Makes it harder to get something else in there if you ever switch to the best shocks around...

LSTC is authorized to sell OME/ARB. Which store are you using and I'll send them a new applicaiton guide.


So just I left Les Schwab. The guy there talked to ARB. ARB told them that I cannot use the stock strut and I have to buy the $182 each N131 strut. Ouch!!. Luckily I can get the Rancho for $100. New grand total for OME HD Springs, RMX Monotube (aka Gabriel MaxControl Monotube) shocks, and Rancho RSX struts, with labor is $1032. Best of all it's all under a 12 or 25K Mile warranty.

_________________
2006 Midnight Blue Jeep Commander 4x4
Bone stock for now.
http://www.pnwjeep.net/forum
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:53 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
I would run from Les place and shop around...there has to be other places to buy. I would really like to see a break down on what comes up to 1032 bucks, ?? I know 200 labor or so but :?

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:04 pm
Posts: 146
Location: Alexandria, VA
ARBSeth wrote:
N132 OME Shocks...
Rancho's aren't valved specifically for the KJ... and the ends are slilghtly different... they fit but crush down your factory mounts a little. Makes it harder to get something else in there if you ever switch to the best shocks around...

LSTC is authorized to sell OME/ARB. Which store are you using and I'll send them a new applicaiton guide.


So this is the first time I heard of this. Anybody else back up Arbseths comment? I was going to go Ranchos, not just because of cost, but because you can never get the darn N132L's from ALL J's. Troy, Mud....what say you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:16 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:52 am
Posts: 748
Location: Kingsport,TN
loosvelt wrote:
ARBSeth wrote:
N132 OME Shocks...
Rancho's aren't valved specifically for the KJ... and the ends are slilghtly different... they fit but crush down your factory mounts a little. Makes it harder to get something else in there if you ever switch to the best shocks around...

LSTC is authorized to sell OME/ARB. Which store are you using and I'll send them a new applicaiton guide.


So this is the first time I heard of this. Anybody else back up Arbseths comment? I was going to go Ranchos, not just because of cost, but because you can never get the darn N132L's from ALL J's. Troy, Mud....what say you.


ive noticed mine did draw in some if you use air to tighten them up. that being said it wouldnt be hard at all to bend them back out if needed. why would you need to change and if they went bad you could just get the same shock so then it really doesnt matter.

_________________
cactus green 03 sport 3.7
Rusty's coil lift w/ Rancho RSX shocks & 3 ring clevis
custom skids and rock rails ; Surco roof rack w/ hi lift mounted
pioneer cd/aux with Zune mounted on dash; uniden cb with 4' K40 antenna
xeon lights; grill inserts; black wheels; 245/75/16s MTRs
#1281 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2967585/1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:21 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:52 am
Posts: 748
Location: Kingsport,TN
MidnightLiberty wrote:
ARBSeth wrote:
N132 OME Shocks...
Rancho's aren't valved specifically for the KJ... and the ends are slilghtly different... they fit but crush down your factory mounts a little. Makes it harder to get something else in there if you ever switch to the best shocks around...

LSTC is authorized to sell OME/ARB. Which store are you using and I'll send them a new applicaiton guide.


So just I left Les Schwab. The guy there talked to ARB. ARB told them that I cannot use the stock strut and I have to buy the $182 each N131 strut. Ouch!!. Luckily I can get the Rancho for $100. New grand total for OME HD Springs, RMX Monotube (aka Gabriel MaxControl Monotube) shocks, and Rancho RSX struts, with labor is $1032. Best of all it's all under a 12 or 25K Mile warranty.


you really need to go somewhere else it doesnt sound like these guys know anything about a KJ and they are ripping you off bad!! heck if you are going to spend that type of cash get a Frankin lift and be done with it. heck then you dont have to compress the spring so install would be a breeze. if you just cant do it yourself buy the parts online and take them somewhere and have them put it on. :idea:

_________________
cactus green 03 sport 3.7
Rusty's coil lift w/ Rancho RSX shocks & 3 ring clevis
custom skids and rock rails ; Surco roof rack w/ hi lift mounted
pioneer cd/aux with Zune mounted on dash; uniden cb with 4' K40 antenna
xeon lights; grill inserts; black wheels; 245/75/16s MTRs
#1281 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2967585/1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:30 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Posts: 270
The labor is $150, tax is $101, and shipping is up to $75 for a total of $326. The only part that is more than usual are the springs at $177 per pair. The grand total for parts are $708.

_________________
2006 Midnight Blue Jeep Commander 4x4
Bone stock for now.
http://www.pnwjeep.net/forum
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:51 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:25 pm
Posts: 1361
Location: Grafton, Ohio
MidnightLiberty wrote:
The labor is $150, tax is $101, and shipping is up to $75 for a total of $326. The only part that is more than usual are the springs at $177 per pair. The grand total for parts are $708.


Run away and don't look back, you're getting ripped on parts :!: You should be able to get the Rancho's (RSX17505-RSX17004) at Amazon,com for $225.00 shipped according to MoabRox. RRO has OME springs for $69.00 ea. X 4= $276.00 + shipping on the springs. Total for parts should be aprox. $550.00 with shipping.

For labor, throw a lift party :!:

_________________
Slightly modified Lt. Khaki 3.7 2004 LTD 4X4. Purchased new 8/6/03.
What I don't have....A Mag light mounted to my seat.
Original Old L.O.S.T. #000354

Nick's Pics & Mods click here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/531173
http://www.survivaltopics.com/forums/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:43 pm 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:18 pm
Posts: 2210
Location: Gold Coast Australia
lift party is a good idea


people work for beer and snags ( Hot dogs) or pizza

_________________
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/742957
aussie KJ Lost No#150605
3" OME lift + Rancho RS9000xl's front and rear
prototype Airflow snorkel
Magnaflow cat back
265/70R16 Hankook MTRT03 on MOABS baby
4.10's and a truetrac up front
super skinks
coming soon
a myride wireless controller


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:56 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
I hate to see people getting ripped off , well I realize that companys have to make money but still there are other places to get your parts.

OME...yes all springs / shocks are designed with a particular vehicle in mind, springs/shocks match valving wise etc. BUT with that said there are a bunch out there running the OME rancho set up wiyh no problems, I have almost 50,000 on mine. First full Frankenlifts were OME and Ranchos and a lot of them still going strong. Of course any company is going to say use our parts and only our parts even though something else may work just as well or almost. I love my OME springs and may like their shocks, but right now its not in my plans or budget

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:06 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
tommudd wrote:
I hate to see people getting ripped off , well I realize that companys have to make money but still there are other places to get your parts.

OME...yes all springs / shocks are designed with a particular vehicle in mind, springs/shocks match valving wise etc. BUT with that said there are a bunch out there running the OME rancho set up wiyh no problems, I have almost 50,000 on mine. First full Frankenlifts were OME and Ranchos and a lot of them still going strong. Of course any company is going to say use our parts and only our parts even though something else may work just as well or almost. I love my OME springs and may like their shocks, but right now its not in my plans or budget
I had the rear OME N132 shocks,swapped them for the Rancho 17004's and I have to say I like how the Rancho shocks ride better then the OME's.I also run Rancho front struts,though I am running SkyJacker coils.The older Frankinlifts even used SkyJacker rear coils instead of OME's,there's planty of those kits out there and going good.


It's your choice really,get what you want and what you can afford.Though the Frankinlift does come with the front struts completely assembled,drastically shortening the install time and making it real easy to self install.RL and myself can install a Frankinlift in under 3 hours.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:25 am 
Offline
JEEPZILLIA
JEEPZILLIA
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:34 pm
Posts: 2358
Location: Orange County: Newburgh NY
Man I would go with the Frankenlift.
Much better. I Did my Frankenlift last weekend and I love it. I got plenty of lift from using the Frankenlift. I also used the OME HD rear springs and Rancho long travel shocks.

I spent almost 2 years researching the differant lifts that are for the KJ. And most members here will tell you to go eith with OME or the Frankenlift. You will pay more but it is well worth it.
I understand bugets and stuff. OVER TIME = Frankenlift!

I cast my POLL for the FrankenLift

_________________
2003 KJ Sport JEEPZILLA Edition
American Flag flying high
Frankenlift removed =(
Moabs and plenty of pin striping
Flexable people don't get bent out of shape!
Current MPG 6" to a gallon
L.O.S.T. # BL065211
www.ItAtYourHome.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:41 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:46 pm
Posts: 1195
I would save up and get the Frankenlift. I wanted to lift it the day I bought it (6 1/2 years ago) but just lifted it this past fall because I didn't see a lift I was willing to put on my Jeep. I went with the Frankenlift II Premium with OME HD's all around, long travel shocks in the rear, and Al's A arms. It wasn't cheap, but I couldn't be happier. If you don't want to go that far, at least get the OME springs, shocks, and struts. You'll be very satisfied.

_________________
June 2001 Liberty Limited 4X4
Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:22 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Posts: 270
I did some shopping around and the only way to get lifted cheaper is to go the spacer route. I could pay less for the parts but I would pay a lot more for the labor. I could get lesser quality parts but I would rather pay more to do it right the first time. I'd do it myself but it would take a lot longer and I don't even know if I have all the right tools, no garage either so I would have to wait for a break in the rain, I've also had bad luck in the past fixing suspensions. I know I could get lifted for cheaper, but I would rather have it done by the experts and warranted.

_________________
2006 Midnight Blue Jeep Commander 4x4
Bone stock for now.
http://www.pnwjeep.net/forum
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:45 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:54 pm
Posts: 2787
Location: Jacksonville, FL
MidnightLiberty wrote:
I did some shopping around and the only way to get lifted cheaper is to go the spacer route. I could pay less for the parts but I would pay a lot more for the labor. I could get lesser quality parts but I would rather pay more to do it right the first time. I'd do it myself but it would take a lot longer and I don't even know if I have all the right tools, no garage either so I would have to wait for a break in the rain, I've also had bad luck in the past fixing suspensions. I know I could get lifted for cheaper, but I would rather have it done by the experts and warranted.


Get the frankenlift, it's nearly the same price as what your looking to pay now, and it's the best proven lift around. I should be settled in about a month, and I'll give you a hand installing it. I have the tools, did mine myself, wasn't that hard.

_________________
- Mike
'12 JK

Jeep Tech Files


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:55 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:03 am
Posts: 28
Location: Los Alamos, New Mexico
KJ04 wrote:
MidnightLiberty wrote:
The labor is $150, tax is $101, and shipping is up to $75 for a total of $326. The only part that is more than usual are the springs at $177 per pair. The grand total for parts are $708.


Run away and don't look back, you're getting ripped on parts :!: You should be able to get the Rancho's (RSX17505-RSX17004) at Amazon,com for $225.00 shipped according to MoabRox. RRO has OME springs for $69.00 ea. X 4= $276.00 + shipping on the springs. Total for parts should be aprox. $550.00 with shipping.

For labor, throw a lift party :!:



Jump on amazon.com you can get them much cheaper. I payed $225 with free shipping for the front and rear. I just looked again and found them for about $250 and that includes free shipping. It pays to shop around.

_________________
Moab Native
2005 Bright Silver Liberty Sport 4X4
Moab Wheels and 245/75/16 BFG A/T
Rusty's Springs
Al's 4.5 A Arms
3 Ring clevis, 1 ISO
Rancho RSX front and rear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:44 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Posts: 270
It is done.
Image

Image

Image

_________________
2006 Midnight Blue Jeep Commander 4x4
Bone stock for now.
http://www.pnwjeep.net/forum
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com