It is currently Sun Oct 11, 2026 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:37 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:59 pm
Posts: 275
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
wow, I have OME HD springs on order from All J's which are going out on Monday. Reading this thread I almost went and changed my order to MD after the first page....until I kept reading.
TO THE GUYS WITH ACTUAL EXPERIENCE ON THESE BOARDS
Thanks for your input and the way you explain things.....I'm keeping my order the way it is.

_________________
2008 KK GREEN
OME HD springs and shocks all around
LT245/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs
Aries 1051 black grille guard


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:11 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:52 pm
Posts: 1184
Location: Atlanta, GA
yellocoyote wrote:
Cobolt-60 wrote:
That is my plan, Jayme. Placing the order for the HD springs tomorrow (the struts and shocks on mine are OME already)... :wink:

New tires are after, but you already knew that. didn't you...??? :lol:


I wish I could afford to do mine earlier... but based on finances, it probably won't be till September. :( But maybe I'll have it done by the next ECS!! :D


I've got the opposite situation. Got the money now (before I move to Athens and start the doctoral program in August) but won't by the Fall. :lol:

Maybe by the Fall, we will all be running OMEs... :wink:

_________________
Colin
LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:04 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:16 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Felton, DE
Where do you guys get your rear upper isolators?

_________________
06 White KJ Sport 4x4 :JEEPIN:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2432458/1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:17 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
Sport wrote:
Where do you guys get your rear upper isolators?


dealership, there is also a place online but buy the time you add shipping you dont save much and its just not worth it IMO

here is the p/n 52088707AA for the rear upper iso

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:30 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:16 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Felton, DE
jsc7002 wrote:
Sport wrote:
Where do you guys get your rear upper isolators?


dealership, there is also a place online but buy the time you add shipping you dont save much and its just not worth it IMO

here is the p/n 52088707AA for the rear upper iso



Thanks! 8)

If I run the OME HD coil in the rear with 1 extra iso I should net about 3"? how many hockey pucks do I need for bumpstops?

_________________
06 White KJ Sport 4x4 :JEEPIN:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2432458/1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:52 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:52 pm
Posts: 1184
Location: Atlanta, GA
Sport wrote:
If I run the OME HD coil in the rear with 1 extra iso I should net about 3"? how many hockey pucks do I need for bumpstops?


2 or 3. What Tom and the rest will generally tell you is 1" of bump-stop for 1" of lift.

_________________
Colin
LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:00 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:31 pm
Posts: 1203
Location: NE Ohio
to keep my 32" tires from rubbing on my rear door flare and popping the bottom half off, i needed 3 hockey pucks

_________________
2002 Cactus Green Renegade~OME HD/Rancho
235-85-16 Firestone Destination MT's~Detroit Locker~AL's 4.5 Arms
ARB bumper/Superwinch 9k~PIAA 540 driving lights/PIAA reverse lights~Crane 8.25 diff cover
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:34 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:59 pm
Posts: 275
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
jsc7002 wrote:

For the front clevis you just need to run to the local hardware store and buy some 2” conduit nuts.

The rear isolator you can just buy from your dealer for about $15 each and the p/n is 52088707AA


what's this about the front clevis and rear isolators? I haven't gone through ALL of the thread pertaining to OME and Rancho shock installs but I don't recall anything about these two items in the ones I did read...
Aren't there any isolators now on the rear? And what's the conduit for?
I'll be installing in a couple weeks and want to make sure everything is perfect and that I have everything I need.
Thanks!!

_________________
2008 KK GREEN
OME HD springs and shocks all around
LT245/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs
Aries 1051 black grille guard


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:58 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:31 pm
Posts: 1203
Location: NE Ohio
A stock liberty comes with 1 isolator on top, and 1 isolator on the bottom in the rear, you can add UP TO 2 extra, making total of 3 upper isolators, i only have 2 total on the back of mine on each side.

the front shock fork, clamps onto the bottom of the shock, the shock is above the fork. theres room under the shock to space them apart up to about 3/8" to lift the front a little bit

_________________
2002 Cactus Green Renegade~OME HD/Rancho
235-85-16 Firestone Destination MT's~Detroit Locker~AL's 4.5 Arms
ARB bumper/Superwinch 9k~PIAA 540 driving lights/PIAA reverse lights~Crane 8.25 diff cover
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:47 pm 
Offline
Jeep-O-Caching
Jeep-O-Caching
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:41 am
Posts: 1815
Location: Northern Virginia
anybody got a close up pick of the clevis installed. I know I could search for it here but it's friday night and I am being lazy! 8)

_________________
Jason
----------
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:51 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:02 am
Posts: 2053
Location: Michigan City, IN
Here's mine, 2 rings:

Image

_________________
Blood Clot Red 03 Punisher Edition
245/75-16 Duratracs, Soft 8's, Ironman/clevis Lift, Monroe Sensa-trac rear shocks, JBA 3.5, GTP Hood Louvers, Roof Basket & Light bar, Mudd's Garage Rear Bumper
custom made items: cross rails, grill inserts, cargo shelf, lightbar, pin stripping & rock rails.
L.O.S.T. #DW090501


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:45 pm 
Offline
Oilburner
Oilburner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:54 am
Posts: 2788
Location: Barcelona Spain
Anyone see this:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=37164

_________________
Cherokee 2,5 CRD: sold - Wrangler TJ 2.5: gone - Touareg V10 TDI: new toy

Solo Liberty en Español: Jeepliberty.es


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:08 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:59 pm
Posts: 275
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
the conduit nut thing looks too "backyard garage" like but thanks for the pic. much appreciated.
So the nuts and the isolators are just for a little extra lift.... I think I'll have enough with the HD springs....I'm a bit low as it is with stock so it should be pretty high when I'm done

_________________
2008 KK GREEN
OME HD springs and shocks all around
LT245/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs
Aries 1051 black grille guard


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:44 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:16 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Felton, DE
i used 4 conduits for the clevis.

_________________
06 White KJ Sport 4x4 :JEEPIN:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2432458/1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:19 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
tonycrd wrote:


haha thats exactly what I was thinking. :lol:

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com