It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Rock Lizard Rear Bumper Review
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:08 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:55 pm
Posts: 37
Location: Las Vegas
Well Marty got my Rock Lizard Rear bumper to me and I must say I was really really Impressed with the bumper really strong easy to install.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
It looks great and dose not affect my flex in any way. I would say took me 30 min to install with my class 3 hit on bottom.
Image

I would defientley take it over the Trail ready I just seen a Libby with one the other day and I pulled up next to him and mine looked much better, much stronger even the guy with the trail ready wanted to know who made my bumper. http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/jeep_liberty.htm

_________________
2003 KJ Sport
Image
Frankenlift with Spacer in the rear
Jeepin Al's A-Arms
31x10.5R15 Super Swampers TSL Radials
ARB Front Bumper
Warn Winch M8000
Rock Lizard Fab Rear Bumper


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:27 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:11 am
Posts: 824
Location: Castle Rock, Colorado
I definitely like everything about your rig. The bumper looks awesome, I can't wait to see the tire carriers and gas can carriers. That will make the Lib look way bad@$$, even if we're still running 31s.

_________________
2003 Limited, Silver - L.O.S.T. # 068957 Rockies
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2127390/14
2006 Kawasaki KLR650


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:30 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:27 pm
Posts: 901
Location: Walkerton, IN
Not to stray off topic here....
A QUAD RIDER????? Noticed the Sparks sticker in the corner!!! You use Sparks engines?? I'm guessing you race huh? I prefer my TC!

Nice bumper....Makes the KJ look a little more mean! The quality also looks very good.

get back to me on your bike...I'd like to know where you ride! You west coast guys dont make the nats out east very often. 8)

_________________
02' Frankenlifted White Sport on 31" TrXus M/Ts

89' 2 Dr. Khaki XJ- Waggy 44's, 4.88s, 35's, 3-link on 5.5" coils.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:59 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 8:27 pm
Posts: 127
Location: Northwest
Does that use the stock trailer hitch or does one come with it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:39 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
gatorator wrote:
Does that use the stock trailer hitch or does one come with it?

This pic shows the factory hitch under the bumpers hitch. The bumpers hitch has the Jeep plug in it.
Image

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:14 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:55 am
Posts: 862
Location: Los Angeles, CA
The bumper looks awesome :twisted: Is the integrated hitch receiver comparable in strength to a class II, III, or IV? It looks like it has the 2" III/IV opening. It'd be nice to remove the old receiver and gain some extra departure angle.

_________________
Jeep Liberty Wikibook
# cd /home/fuzzymuzzle.com


Last edited by unixxx on Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:57 am 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:51 pm
Posts: 2202
Location: Fall River,MA
I agree that thing is sick :twisted: has anyone mounted thier Lic.plate to it with a plate light ??? doesn't loo like there's much room for it,I ask because my state requires it or it'll be ticket after ticket

_________________
PETE
ADMINISTRATOR
L.O.S.T. 4 LIFE
04 COLUMBIA ED. & 04 SPORT


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:40 pm 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
Ted (USAFCOP) had the first prototype and towed his trailer (using the bumper hitch) to Moab last year for LOST Moab 06. Drove up (and down) through the Rockies. Rock Lizard does not test his hitch for certification (or whatever they call it) to be a Class III/IV, so he will not give it a rating but so far I haven't heard Ted having any problems with his.

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: hitch on rock lizard bumper
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:53 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:55 pm
Posts: 37
Location: Las Vegas
If I had to give it a rating I would say its a tossup between class 2 and 3 but
Im really not sure. I have hooked my ball up to the bumper and I had a trailer on it i would say the trailer had about 1000 LBs on the toung.

_________________
2003 KJ Sport
Image
Frankenlift with Spacer in the rear
Jeepin Al's A-Arms
31x10.5R15 Super Swampers TSL Radials
ARB Front Bumper
Warn Winch M8000
Rock Lizard Fab Rear Bumper


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hitch on rock lizard bumper
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:43 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 4:27 pm
Posts: 2130
Location: Dayton, OH
DWDs_KJ wrote:
If I had to give it a rating I would say its a tossup between class 2 and 3 but
Im really not sure. I have hooked my ball up to the bumper and I had a trailer on it i would say the trailer had about 1000 LBs on the toung.


Well it cant be too bad then, I think the max tongue weight for the KJ is 500LBS for gasser and 750 For the CRD. I wonder what kind of testing has to be done to get certified?

_________________
It may be that your only purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:47 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:59 am
Posts: 345
Nice rear end :-p

_________________
Frankenlift
Boulderbars
All J Tranny skid
31x9.5 SS TSLs!
Detroit Truetrac/Powertrax
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2062875


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:04 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Looks good on there for sure. I like the license plate mounted up there as well, thats where I was thinking of mounting mine just to be different but you beat me to it! Would not be too hard to run a light up there mounted below the plate to shine up over it.

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:38 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:48 am
Posts: 401
Location: Newark, DE
looks real good,.....now the question is do i buy that bumper...a front bumper....or a roof rack ....

hrrmmm

_________________
1998 Audi A4 1.8tQ

1990 Mazda Miata

"Remember when the platform was sliding into the fiery pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'NO WAY' and then I was all 'I was just pretending to murder you'? That was great."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:13 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:22 pm
Posts: 633
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Now that's what I'm talkin about! Awesome. I'm psyched!

_________________
The only place worth posting Husky mats and tow hooks mods.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:34 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:25 am
Posts: 604
Location: Brisbane, Australia
DWD's, great looking KJ mate.

I like that bumper alot, but only 90%. Its still not finished. It would be really simple (from what i can see) to box in those corners to suit the rest of the car and the look of the bar. I'm also not totally convinced on the side wings underneath - they could have been finished off differently imo.
But I do overall like it !! :)

_________________
Custom, Comfortable & Capable.......just the way it should be


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:15 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
OzLtd wrote:
DWD's, great looking KJ mate.

I like that bumper alot, but only 90%. Its still not finished. It would be really simple (from what i can see) to box in those corners to suit the rest of the car and the look of the bar. I'm also not totally convinced on the side wings underneath - they could have been finished off differently imo.
But I do overall like it !! :)


x2, no one ever seems to notice them or talk about them? Thats the only thing I dont like about it. :?

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Speaking of the Komodo...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:22 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:15 pm
Posts: 2733
Location: Atlanta GA
Really nice finished product. Are there any photos available of the accessory attachments (spare and jerry-can)? I wasn't able to find any on the website.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:41 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 4:27 pm
Posts: 2130
Location: Dayton, OH
Jeepjeepster wrote:
OzLtd wrote:
DWD's, great looking KJ mate.

I like that bumper alot, but only 90%. Its still not finished. It would be really simple (from what i can see) to box in those corners to suit the rest of the car and the look of the bar. I'm also not totally convinced on the side wings underneath - they could have been finished off differently imo.
But I do overall like it !! :)


x2, no one ever seems to notice them or talk about them? Thats the only thing I dont like about it. :?


I think it is an option or is going to be an option to box in the corners, plus I think that is where a tire carrier will mount.

What are these wings you speak of...you mean on the bottom of the bumper behind the wheel?

_________________
It may be that your only purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:53 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
The open corners is where the tire and gas can mounts attach. Once the mounts are there you won't notice the openings. I believe it is an option to have those boxed in if you know you will never have a tire or gas can carrier.

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:32 pm 
Offline
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:15 pm
Posts: 1340
Location: Sebastopol CA
UPS shipping weight was 125 pounds or so. I thought the bumper was supposed to be 80 pounds. How much weight is the stock bumps and hitch?

mt


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com