| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| What is the best brush guard to buy, and where to get it? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16124 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | AndyFrascone [ Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | What is the best brush guard to buy, and where to get it? |
I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4, and I am looking for a inexpensive but good brush guard that I can install some lights on that will look good. Where is a good place to buy one for a good price? I am in Lexington, KY. http://www.frascone.com/gallery2?g2_vie ... 099ea1bea1 Thanks!! |
|
| Author: | Science_Guy [ Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:26 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Welcome to LOST! I can not help you with the brush guard but be sure to stop into the Midwest Section here. We just got back from a trip to Lexington, KY and are planning another trip there soon. Hope you can make it out with us sometime!! |
|
| Author: | AndyFrascone [ Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:56 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Nice. Is there anyplace to off-road in Lexington??? Do you guys meet? |
|
| Author: | Troysterr [ Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:17 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: What is the best brush guard to buy, and where to get it |
AndyFrascone wrote: I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4, and I am looking for a inexpensive but good brush guard that I can install some lights on that will look good. Where is a good place to buy one for a good price?
There are quite a few brush guards available. Many can be found on my KJ Links and Parts site: http://www.youngs.org/kjparts/default.asp?category=14 |
|
| Author: | Science_Guy [ Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
AndyFrascone wrote: Nice. Is there anyplace to off-road in Lexington??? Do you guys meet?
Here is a map of the area we went to on are last trip. The 49er Truck stop is at exit 49 on I-75. We are planning another trip right now. Just look in the Midwest section.
|
|
| Author: | zeero [ Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I would'nt bother with a brush guard unless all you want it for is looks. They tend to bend and stick into headlights and radiators, and get caught on brush and snag you. I would look into a new bumper....more protection, plus some come with a bull bar. |
|
| Author: | NJ KJ [ Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
zeero wrote: I would'nt bother with a brush guard unless all you want it for is looks.
They tend to bend and stick into headlights and radiators, and get caught on brush and snag you. I would look into a new bumper....more protection, plus some come with a bull bar. i agree |
|
| Author: | desertkj [ Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
zeero wrote: I would'nt bother with a brush guard unless all you want it for is looks.
They tend to bend and stick into headlights and radiators, and get caught on brush and snag you. I would look into a new bumper....more protection, plus some come with a bull bar. Thats why I took mine off. I'd try to sell it to ya, but you've got an 06. |
|
| Author: | fast1 [ Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:42 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
if you still want a brush guard i got 1 off of ebay for 100$ plus shipping which came to about 450 can $ made by smittybilt, stainless steel when i get some pics i will post them mine looks great |
|
| Author: | ScentOfDiesel [ Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
fast1 wrote: if you still want a brush guard i got 1 off of ebay for 100$ plus shipping which came to about 450 can $
made by smittybilt, stainless steel when i get some pics i will post them mine looks great Did you have any trouble fitting the brush guard? I got the stainless steel smittybilt one off ebay also for my 06 Sport CRD, but the brackets hit the bumper when I try to attach them. Did you have to cut your bumper to make the brackets fit? |
|
| Author: | fast1 [ Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
i had to make two cuts were the tow hooks would go the whole install only took me about an hour and a half |
|
| Author: | ScentOfDiesel [ Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
fast1 wrote: i had to make two cuts were the tow hooks would go the whole install only took me about an hour and a half
You're taking about the two outlined panels on the bottom of the bumper? I was thinking about cutthing those out, but it seemed like the bracket would still hit the bumper. Good to know. Thanks. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|