LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

tow hook question????
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16426
Page 1 of 1

Author:  CarNutCertifies [ Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:54 pm ]
Post subject:  tow hook question????

Has anyone removed their tow hooks? I am tying to figure out how they go on. Do you have to take the whole bumper cover off to put tow hooks on? I have an idea for some cheap tow hooks but I need to know how the factory ones are installed.

Author:  raceinfan [ Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

if you have small hands you don't have to take off the bumper but it is tight & somewhat a pain but can be done ( I've done it )

thier held on by 2 bolts, I don't know of any aftermarket hooks only oem as far as I know

Author:  callaway [ Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

check this: http://site.justforjeeps.com/guide/82206124.pdf

Author:  Jeger [ Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:30 am ]
Post subject: 

Are you looking for what they call the "M" bolt? "M" because it is shaped like an M. sorta

Author:  CarNutCertifies [ Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:57 am ]
Post subject: 

ok took a look at the pdf file, Does anyone have the part number for the M-bolt and that nut clip?

Author:  labman1 [ Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

I thought the "m" bolt was for the front hooks. I bought a set of hardware from J-parts (had to call). I lost one in the front frame rail and cant get it it out :evil: . If anyone has an extra or wants to split a set let me know. I think it was a little over $20.00 shipped to me from J-parts.

Author:  unixxx [ Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:15 am ]
Post subject: 

I've seen those types of clip nuts at Lowes; they have a whole section of automotive fasteners. Unfortunately, you're probably out of luck on the M bolt.

Author:  Pablo [ Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:05 am ]
Post subject: 

labman1 wrote:
I thought the "m" bolt was for the front hooks. I bought a set of hardware from J-parts (had to call). I L.O.S.T. one in the front frame rail and cant get it it out :evil: . If anyone has an extra or wants to split a set let me know. I think it was a little over $20.00 shipped to me from J-parts.


www.jparts used to have it listed, but I can't find it now. Maybe call them?

Author:  CarNutCertifies [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thanks everyone I went to my local dealership and they tried to sell me a stud plate, cheesy tin plate with two studs that hang down through the holes but you have to remove the bumper.....

Author:  1300ZUK [ Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

I have one M-bolt, because when i put on my tow hooks, there were already 2 studs there for the factory tie down thing.


Aks your dealer for a "Recovery Hook Install kit"? Thats what they called it in the installation instructions

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/