| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Rock Lizard Rear Bumper Review http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16535 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | DWDs_KJ [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:08 am ] |
| Post subject: | Rock Lizard Rear Bumper Review |
Well Marty got my Rock Lizard Rear bumper to me and I must say I was really really Impressed with the bumper really strong easy to install.
It looks great and dose not affect my flex in any way. I would say took me 30 min to install with my class 3 hit on bottom.
I would defientley take it over the Trail ready I just seen a Libby with one the other day and I pulled up next to him and mine looked much better, much stronger even the guy with the trail ready wanted to know who made my bumper. http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/jeep_liberty.htm |
|
| Author: | RespectMyLibertay [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I definitely like everything about your rig. The bumper looks awesome, I can't wait to see the tire carriers and gas can carriers. That will make the Lib look way bad@$$, even if we're still running 31s. |
|
| Author: | FastTRX [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:30 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Not to stray off topic here.... A QUAD RIDER????? Noticed the Sparks sticker in the corner!!! You use Sparks engines?? I'm guessing you race huh? I prefer my TC! Nice bumper....Makes the KJ look a little more mean! The quality also looks very good. get back to me on your bike...I'd like to know where you ride! You west coast guys dont make the nats out east very often. |
|
| Author: | gatorator [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:59 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Does that use the stock trailer hitch or does one come with it? |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:39 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
gatorator wrote: Does that use the stock trailer hitch or does one come with it?
This pic shows the factory hitch under the bumpers hitch. The bumpers hitch has the Jeep plug in it.
|
|
| Author: | unixxx [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:14 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
The bumper looks awesome |
|
| Author: | raceinfan [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:57 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I agree that thing is sick |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Ted (USAFCOP) had the first prototype and towed his trailer (using the bumper hitch) to Moab last year for LOST Moab 06. Drove up (and down) through the Rockies. Rock Lizard does not test his hitch for certification (or whatever they call it) to be a Class III/IV, so he will not give it a rating but so far I haven't heard Ted having any problems with his. |
|
| Author: | DWDs_KJ [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | hitch on rock lizard bumper |
If I had to give it a rating I would say its a tossup between class 2 and 3 but Im really not sure. I have hooked my ball up to the bumper and I had a trailer on it i would say the trailer had about 1000 LBs on the toung. |
|
| Author: | Jeger [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: hitch on rock lizard bumper |
DWDs_KJ wrote: If I had to give it a rating I would say its a tossup between class 2 and 3 but
Im really not sure. I have hooked my ball up to the bumper and I had a trailer on it i would say the trailer had about 1000 LBs on the toung. Well it cant be too bad then, I think the max tongue weight for the KJ is 500LBS for gasser and 750 For the CRD. I wonder what kind of testing has to be done to get certified? |
|
| Author: | Calvin56 [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Nice rear end :-p |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Looks good on there for sure. I like the license plate mounted up there as well, thats where I was thinking of mounting mine just to be different but you beat me to it! Would not be too hard to run a light up there mounted below the plate to shine up over it. |
|
| Author: | EOD-KJ [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
looks real good,.....now the question is do i buy that bumper...a front bumper....or a roof rack .... hrrmmm |
|
| Author: | DaveKJ02 [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Now that's what I'm talkin about! Awesome. I'm psyched! |
|
| Author: | OzLtd [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
DWD's, great looking KJ mate. I like that bumper alot, but only 90%. Its still not finished. It would be really simple (from what i can see) to box in those corners to suit the rest of the car and the look of the bar. I'm also not totally convinced on the side wings underneath - they could have been finished off differently imo. But I do overall like it !! |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:15 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
OzLtd wrote: DWD's, great looking KJ mate.
I like that bumper alot, but only 90%. Its still not finished. It would be really simple (from what i can see) to box in those corners to suit the rest of the car and the look of the bar. I'm also not totally convinced on the side wings underneath - they could have been finished off differently imo. But I do overall like it !! x2, no one ever seems to notice them or talk about them? Thats the only thing I dont like about it. |
|
| Author: | dgeist [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | Speaking of the Komodo... |
Really nice finished product. Are there any photos available of the accessory attachments (spare and jerry-can)? I wasn't able to find any on the website. |
|
| Author: | Jeger [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:41 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Jeepjeepster wrote: OzLtd wrote: DWD's, great looking KJ mate. I like that bumper alot, but only 90%. Its still not finished. It would be really simple (from what i can see) to box in those corners to suit the rest of the car and the look of the bar. I'm also not totally convinced on the side wings underneath - they could have been finished off differently imo. But I do overall like it !! x2, no one ever seems to notice them or talk about them? Thats the only thing I dont like about it. I think it is an option or is going to be an option to box in the corners, plus I think that is where a tire carrier will mount. What are these wings you speak of...you mean on the bottom of the bumper behind the wheel? |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:53 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
The open corners is where the tire and gas can mounts attach. Once the mounts are there you won't notice the openings. I believe it is an option to have those boxed in if you know you will never have a tire or gas can carrier. |
|
| Author: | lilmatty [ Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
UPS shipping weight was 125 pounds or so. I thought the bumper was supposed to be 80 pounds. How much weight is the stock bumps and hitch? mt |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|