It is currently Wed Oct 07, 2026 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: tow hook question????
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:54 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:37 pm
Posts: 416
Location: Pryor Ok
Has anyone removed their tow hooks? I am tying to figure out how they go on. Do you have to take the whole bumper cover off to put tow hooks on? I have an idea for some cheap tow hooks but I need to know how the factory ones are installed.

_________________
I'm not lost.....I'm exploring...
L.O.S.T. #058282
92 Jeep Cherokee
3.5" lift (more mods to come)
2002 Sport 4x4 SOLD

new dent in drivers side passenger door from duranged tree
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2062821


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:33 pm 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:51 pm
Posts: 2202
Location: Fall River,MA
if you have small hands you don't have to take off the bumper but it is tight & somewhat a pain but can be done ( I've done it )

thier held on by 2 bolts, I don't know of any aftermarket hooks only oem as far as I know

_________________
PETE
ADMINISTRATOR
L.O.S.T. 4 LIFE
04 COLUMBIA ED. & 04 SPORT


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:18 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:08 pm
Posts: 1645
Location: St Charles IL
check this: http://site.justforjeeps.com/guide/82206124.pdf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:30 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 4:27 pm
Posts: 2130
Location: Dayton, OH
Are you looking for what they call the "M" bolt? "M" because it is shaped like an M. sorta

_________________
It may be that your only purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:57 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:37 pm
Posts: 416
Location: Pryor Ok
ok took a look at the pdf file, Does anyone have the part number for the M-bolt and that nut clip?

_________________
I'm not lost.....I'm exploring...
L.O.S.T. #058282
92 Jeep Cherokee
3.5" lift (more mods to come)
2002 Sport 4x4 SOLD

new dent in drivers side passenger door from duranged tree
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2062821


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:36 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:55 pm
Posts: 82
Location: Erie PA
I thought the "m" bolt was for the front hooks. I bought a set of hardware from J-parts (had to call). I lost one in the front frame rail and cant get it it out :evil: . If anyone has an extra or wants to split a set let me know. I think it was a little over $20.00 shipped to me from J-parts.

_________________
02 white sport
245/70/16 Toyo ATs
Moab wheels
Wilderness rack
Pioneer CD
Tow hooks
Lots of dog hair.......


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:15 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:55 am
Posts: 862
Location: Los Angeles, CA
I've seen those types of clip nuts at Lowes; they have a whole section of automotive fasteners. Unfortunately, you're probably out of luck on the M bolt.

_________________
Jeep Liberty Wikibook
# cd /home/fuzzymuzzle.com


Last edited by unixxx on Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:05 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:06 pm
Posts: 1201
labman1 wrote:
I thought the "m" bolt was for the front hooks. I bought a set of hardware from J-parts (had to call). I L.O.S.T. one in the front frame rail and cant get it it out :evil: . If anyone has an extra or wants to split a set let me know. I think it was a little over $20.00 shipped to me from J-parts.


www.jparts used to have it listed, but I can't find it now. Maybe call them?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:10 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:37 pm
Posts: 416
Location: Pryor Ok
Thanks everyone I went to my local dealership and they tried to sell me a stud plate, cheesy tin plate with two studs that hang down through the holes but you have to remove the bumper.....

_________________
I'm not lost.....I'm exploring...
L.O.S.T. #058282
92 Jeep Cherokee
3.5" lift (more mods to come)
2002 Sport 4x4 SOLD

new dent in drivers side passenger door from duranged tree
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2062821


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:36 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:49 pm
Posts: 362
Location: Michigan
I have one M-bolt, because when i put on my tow hooks, there were already 2 studs there for the factory tie down thing.


Aks your dealer for a "Recovery Hook Install kit"? Thats what they called it in the installation instructions

_________________
2003 Liberty Freedom Edition
1988 Suzuki Samurai


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com