| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Biggest tires for Liberty http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17626 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | radame [ Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:34 am ] |
| Post subject: | Biggest tires for Liberty |
With 2.5" Frankenlift, 2" Wheel Spacers and just a minimum or any rubber contact I'm looking for a BFG Mud's or MTR, which is better? I used to have Mud's but I want some recomendation between both Thanks for the help |
|
| Author: | moose [ Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:16 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
235/85r16 Dayton Timberline MT's are 32" and require some trimming up front and the pinch weld flattened. I don't think you can go beyond a 32" tire. Stuffing in the rear is enough to pop your flares if you aren't careful. I prefer the narrow tire, as I get more downward force per square inch than with a wider tire. I guess it depends on what you plan to do with it (rock vs. mud). As for the tire, I think these Dayton MT's are every bit as good as MTRs with out the cost... |
|
| Author: | Skipperb [ Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:43 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have 265/75 Cooper ATR and 2" spacers with a daystar lift (2002) and have no rubbing at all on the road.BUT when you try to stuff the rear off road it rubbs the outside of the rear finder well .the tire is to wide for the fenderwell I dont know about the 235/85 but it would have to be better with 2" spacers .TRY 235/85 with 1.5 spacers or 1.25
It sounds like the fender is being torn off. I think I will go back to 245/75 and see if the spacers can stay on. |
|
| Author: | unixxx [ Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I've got 265/75R16 Bridgestone Revos. They rub in the front while turning in reverse and can pop the flares in the rear while off-roading. Regardless, I don't think I'd go back to anything smaller than 32". I just need to pull the wheel well liners out and install some bump stops in the rear. You pretty much need to at least modify the wheel liners and install spacers if you want to run 32" tires.
|
|
| Author: | radame [ Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:53 am ] |
| Post subject: | New tires for 05 Libby |
Hi guys thanks a lot for your comments I used to have 245/75 R16 BFG Mud Terrain on my old '04 with 2.5" lift but now with my new 05 I would like to know if I can get a bigger tire with some spacers Does this config sounds reasonable?? 255/70 R16 with 2" spacers? (same lift 2.5") Thanks for all your comments |
|
| Author: | radame [ Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
By the way, NICE PICTURES!!!! |
|
| Author: | unixxx [ Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:04 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Quote: 255/70 R16 with 2" spacers? (same lift 2.5")
That should work fine. Just be prepared to do a small amount of wheel well liner trimming to reduce or even eliminate rubbing. |
|
| Author: | 2006KJSPORT4x4 [ Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:10 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
i currently run 255/70/16 BFG M-Ts and had lots of rubbing behind the front bumper, still do at full lock in reverse actually..punded the pinch weld too..i have 4.5" backspacing i think though and i'm not running spacers....just some info you can use perhaps... |
|
| Author: | radame [ Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
hummm, thx for the comments Regarding liner trimming I'm not concerning too much I've already done for my 04, so I know what sould not to cut or how much to cut, jeje The only problem I had was small rubbing on complete turns or in reverse with the 245/75 R16 |
|
| Author: | Skipperb [ Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I dont have finder liners wells just took them out and used a spray bed liner instesd click on pix
|
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|