It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Biggest tires for Liberty
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:34 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:09 pm
Posts: 113
Location: GDL Mexico
:?: Do you know which are the biggest tire I can put in a Liberty?
With 2.5" Frankenlift, 2" Wheel Spacers and just a minimum or any rubber contact

I'm looking for a BFG Mud's or MTR, which is better?
I used to have Mud's but I want some recomendation between both

Thanks for the help


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:16 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:10 pm
Posts: 1626
Location: Beavercreek, OH (Dayton)
235/85r16 Dayton Timberline MT's are 32" and require some trimming up front and the pinch weld flattened. I don't think you can go beyond a 32" tire. Stuffing in the rear is enough to pop your flares if you aren't careful. I prefer the narrow tire, as I get more downward force per square inch than with a wider tire. I guess it depends on what you plan to do with it (rock vs. mud). As for the tire, I think these Dayton MT's are every bit as good as MTRs with out the cost...

_________________
+
My opinions & advice are taken at your own risk.
+
2002 Patriot Blue KJ - Coming soon!
2006 Black LJ (Wrangler Unlimited), auto, custom skids, 3.5" Rubicon Express, Aussie D30, Rocker Guards & Cooper AT3 235x85r16
2009 Patriot Blue D2500, 5.7L Hemi, 4x4, Quad Cab
1967 Alberg 37' Masthead rigged Sloop


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:43 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:33 pm
Posts: 326
Location: Ga
I have 265/75 Cooper ATR and 2" spacers with a daystar lift (2002) and have no rubbing at all on the road.BUT when you try to stuff the rear off road it rubbs the outside of the rear finder well .the tire is to wide for the fenderwell I dont know about the 235/85 but it would have to be better with 2" spacers .TRY 235/85 with 1.5 spacers or 1.25
Image
It sounds like the fender is being torn off. I think I will go back to 245/75 and see if the spacers can stay on.

_________________
2002 liberty, Daystar 2.5 Lift, 265/75/16
2005 Unlimited, , 9.5 , BB , 33x12.5 15 , 7" fender flares
2000 S10 PU
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:05 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:55 am
Posts: 862
Location: Los Angeles, CA
I've got 265/75R16 Bridgestone Revos. They rub in the front while turning in reverse and can pop the flares in the rear while off-roading. Regardless, I don't think I'd go back to anything smaller than 32". I just need to pull the wheel well liners out and install some bump stops in the rear. You pretty much need to at least modify the wheel liners and install spacers if you want to run 32" tires.

Image

_________________
Jeep Liberty Wikibook
# cd /home/fuzzymuzzle.com


Last edited by unixxx on Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: New tires for 05 Libby
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:53 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:09 pm
Posts: 113
Location: GDL Mexico
Hi guys thanks a lot for your comments
I used to have 245/75 R16 BFG Mud Terrain on my old '04 with 2.5" lift
but now with my new 05 I would like to know if I can get a bigger tire with some spacers
Does this config sounds reasonable??

255/70 R16 with 2" spacers? (same lift 2.5")

Thanks for all your comments


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:55 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:09 pm
Posts: 113
Location: GDL Mexico
By the way, NICE PICTURES!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:04 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:55 am
Posts: 862
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
255/70 R16 with 2" spacers? (same lift 2.5")


That should work fine. Just be prepared to do a small amount of wheel well liner trimming to reduce or even eliminate rubbing.

_________________
Jeep Liberty Wikibook
# cd /home/fuzzymuzzle.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:10 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:21 am
Posts: 1894
Location: Gilbert, AZ
i currently run 255/70/16 BFG M-Ts and had lots of rubbing behind the front bumper, still do at full lock in reverse actually..punded the pinch weld too..i have 4.5" backspacing i think though and i'm not running spacers....just some info you can use perhaps...

_________________
Had 2005 KJ Rocky Mnt. Edition (destroyed)
Had 2006 KJ Sport 4x4
Have 2007 JK 4-dr Sahara 4x4 (tow package so stock 4.10s!!)
AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:22 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:09 pm
Posts: 113
Location: GDL Mexico
hummm, thx for the comments
Regarding liner trimming I'm not concerning too much I've already done for my 04, so I know what sould not to cut or how much to cut, jeje

The only problem I had was small rubbing on complete turns or in reverse with the 245/75 R16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:22 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:33 pm
Posts: 326
Location: Ga
I dont have finder liners wells just took them out and used a spray bed liner instesd click on pix
Image Image

_________________
2002 liberty, Daystar 2.5 Lift, 265/75/16
2005 Unlimited, , 9.5 , BB , 33x12.5 15 , 7" fender flares
2000 S10 PU
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com