LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Rusty's Spacer Lift with ARB Front Bumber and Winch Question
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17701
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Jeep_R_Roo14 [ Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:22 am ]
Post subject:  Rusty's Spacer Lift with ARB Front Bumber and Winch Question

Hey Everyone,
I currently have the Rusty's spacer lift installed and fiqured that I might need to upgrade the lift after installing an ARB bumper and Warn M8000 winch. And if I need to upgrade my lift, what lift gives the most height? Any and all ideas / suggestions would be great!!
Thanks again,

Author:  tommudd [ Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

with the ARB and the winch you will need to go with either a Frankenlift or at least use Heavy Duty OME springs, struts I would say. Youll get a ton of different answers i am sure but thats the way I would go. I have the OME heavy Dutys and rancho struts without the winch only the bumper and mine does great I think,
just my 2 pennies lol

Author:  snowsport [ Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

I agree, if you are going to add that much weight you will need beefier suspension components. OME struts and HD springs will do it for you. I have the OME struts and Medium duty springs up front and an ARB without a winch. It is a really good setup for me. If I ever add a winch I'll upgrade to HD springs first.

Author:  elephantrider [ Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

i know that the arb weighs about 98 lbs, what does the warn winch that fits in with it weigh?

Author:  snowsport [ Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

The M8000 weighs about 75 lbs but you can lighten it up a bit with synthetic line.

All the specs for the various Warn winches are here.

http://www.warn.com/truck/winches/line.shtml

Author:  Jeep_R_Roo14 [ Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re:

Thanks for all the help guys!! What do you all think about purchasing the front only Frankenlift?? I already have the Rancho RSX 17004's. Would that get the job done?? Thanks again for the help!!

Author:  tommudd [ Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:33 am ]
Post subject: 

That should work OK you can always change the rear around to raise/lower whatever you need to do to match the front. Make sure you get the Heavy duty springs though

Author:  Hood297 [ Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:36 am ]
Post subject: 

i have a RC 3" and i wish i had splurged and got a frankenlift. but i have Jeep CRD springs with my ARB and Warn M8000 winch, with rancho rsx 17004 struts. the springs were like 60 bucks. so if you dont want to drop 800 on a frankenlift, then i would suggest that setup.

The frankenlift is an awesome lift. If you've got the money to spend it is definately worth it.

Author:  riptricket [ Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:43 am ]
Post subject: 

hood297, do you have a cardomain site? i'd really like to see your setup of everything!

Author:  Jeep_R_Roo14 [ Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:44 am ]
Post subject: 

Thanks again for all the help guys.

Hood297, are their more then one type of front CRD springs? Or would you happen to have a dealer part number?

Thanks again

Author:  Hood297 [ Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

no i do not have a cardomain :( . but once i get enough pictures of everything i will probably make one. but here are some head-on shots i took recently.

http://lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=16140



yes there are several different types of CRD spring. i simply went to ebay and found one for sale that was a limited 4x4 like mine and got the VIN. and gave the guy at the dealership that and he ordered it for me.

so go to ebay and find a sport or limited or renegade or whatever maybe your case and get the VIN #

Author:  Jeep_R_Roo14 [ Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hood297,
Great pics of your Lib. Looks great!! Thanks again for all the info!! I really appreciate everyones help!!

Thanks again,

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/