swyszomirski wrote:
Well, I am in college studying to become a mechanical engineer, and recently, some of my physics classes have taken me into the math of frames and trusses, etc. And it got me thinking, what about designing new A-arms for my KJ, long arms that allowed more lift without the CV joint problems cause with the A-arm longer, the angle on the CV would be less. I have been looking at Chaos Baja suspension designs, and the like, and I think I is quite possible to design and have made. But I wanted input from the masses here as I have never designed a suspension component before.
Please, talk with me.
Stephen
How about some pragmatic requests:
- Make all the wear parts serviceable (like with replaceble balls and what not).
- Incorporate some reinforcements in the design for common impact points from rocks/etc and avoid sharp angles, etc on the outer edges that snag on things.
- if you do the upper arm making it adjustable (to match the geometry of different base ride heights) would be nifty.
- Make it bolt-on

_________________

2005 Silver CRD Limited

245/75R16 GoodYear Duratracs
Fumoto drain | ProVent CCV Filter
Stanadyne FM100 filter | Cummins fuel pump
GDE Eco | SEGR | BoulderBars | FrankenLift | Frankenskids