| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| MOOG BALL JOINT BOOTS? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18483 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | moose_1978 [ Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | MOOG BALL JOINT BOOTS? |
My boot on my ball joint is torn and need a replacment.Can I but just the boot and where? |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I need one also. |
|
| Author: | Troysterr [ Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
x3 I was an idiot and tore one of mine when I installed it--I ended up using the boot from the stock joint. Worked fine, but I'd love to get ahold of a Moog boot. |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:43 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Can't find a direct replacement,but if you can get some specs these poeple can probally help.http://www.suspension.com/bjb.htm |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Al said he sends out an extra boot with all the joints he sends out now. I was hoping he would chime in and tell us where he gets the extra ones. |
|
| Author: | Kugellager [ Fri May 11, 2007 11:15 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Any updates on a source for the MOOG K3199 boots? Got mine installed recently and they tore on one the install...found a replacement that 'fits' but it does not look as flexible (one flex fold vs 2) as the stock K3199 boot does...it gets pretty tight on full flex. Al - do you (or have you thought of) selling the MOOG boots separately? John ];') |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Fri May 11, 2007 11:49 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I tore one of mine and Al sent me a 'boot protector' that slides over the boot. It helps to hold in grease, but I really wanted a new boot. Im tired of taking the front suspension apart so Ill probably leave it. It seems to be doing ok.. |
|
| Author: | fdezone [ Fri May 11, 2007 12:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I know this thread is just about replacing the boots and I can't help you there, but I have a pair of Moogs for sale for $100 if anyone is interested. See link below for pics. http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=20512 |
|
| Author: | Guest [ Fri May 11, 2007 5:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I tore mine on install, so I called Federal Mogul. They don't sell the boot, but told me to go to the parts store where I purchased them, & remove the boot off of another 3199, then the store could return the whole ball joint for credit. A big PITA, but it worked. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|