It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Final Decision
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:24 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 437
Location: Rocky Top Tennessee
Well I think I have decided on the set up for the lift that I like and I would like to have everybodies opinion on it.
I decided to go with:
Medium OME springs all the way around from rustys
Rancho Struts RSX1705 for the front from All J's
OME shocks from Rustys for the back (what is the name and the model for these? they are not long kind)

would rancho strus work ok with OME springs?
Please feel free to give me thoughts and opinions and all else that you think I should know before I go and get it.
Thanks guys!

Also big thanks to jason thompson for helping me figure some of this stuff out.

_________________
05 Liberty 4x4, Atlantic Blue
Extended Breathers
3/4 Mopar Skids
OME Lift, 245/75/16 General Grabbers AT2, ProComp Extreme Alloys 7189
Mopar Tow Hooks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:02 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
Any reason not to one-stop shop? I would get OME shocks and struts All from All J's and if you Want the extended rear OME's, they only come from All J's. (N132L part number)

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:09 pm 
Offline
This member has been Banned

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:20 am
Posts: 1100
Location: TEXAS
Better listen to JJ, cause I know which parts you are probably going to be waiting on...RUSTY's


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:15 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:28 pm
Posts: 561
Location: Stillwater, OK
the1jferg wrote:
Better listen to JJ, cause I know which parts you are probably going to be waiting on...RUSTY's


X2

_________________
-Gavin
2006 4x4 Sport ~ Dark Khaki
2.5" Rockfather II
Tow Hooks ~ HH Rear Hitch
Hella 500's

gwip Design


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:40 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:04 pm
Posts: 1557
Location: Louisville, KY
Is there that big of a savings by mixing the shocks, struts and springs?

Why mess with it, u get what u pay for go with the OME set up completely.

Proven value and ride.

Don't be somebodyelse's test vehicle.


WoodysKJ's .02 worth

_________________
'07 Ltd 3.7L, Black, OME HD's, OME shocks, Mopar Skids, AEV Bridgers w/ TPMS, Kumho KL78's, ARB Bumper, KC 130 Watters, Warn M8000 Winch, Rock Lizard Gecko Roof Basket KC 150 watters, Cobra 75WSX, 3 ft FireFly, RL Super Step Skinks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:37 pm 
Offline
This member has been Banned

Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:18 pm
Posts: 2301
Location: Harahan LA (the burbs)
JJsKJ wrote:
Any reason not to one-stop shop? I would get OME shocks and struts All from All J's and if you Want the extended rear OME's, they only come from All J's. (N132L part number)



the main reason is that Rusty's is cheeper as per their web site and they are stuburn and will take a loss befor they get called a bad name
at least this is what I have found
I also have never had a problem getting stuff from them ,though I live very close to them ,ups picks up from them then it goes to that hub from that hub to the local hub by me then to me not a bunch of stops between them and me

I will say All J's has WAY better customer service


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:38 pm 
Offline
This member has been Banned

Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:18 pm
Posts: 2301
Location: Harahan LA (the burbs)
WoodysKJ wrote:
Is there that big of a savings by mixing the shocks, struts and springs?

Why mess with it, u get what u pay for go with the OME set up completely.

Proven value and ride.

Don't be somebodyelse's test vehicle.


WoodysKJ's .02 worth




He is not being the test rig
This is the same set up that I have and have had for 6 months now works great on and off road


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:43 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Yes you get what you pay for thats why if you look I have the OME heavy duty springs and Rancho struts from AllJs and rear Rancho shocks from Summit Racing, best bang for the buck, By the way I did or am trying the rear springs from Rustys now (bought a used set to try) and I am sitting one inch shorter in the rear and ride is SOFT!!!!!!!!way too soft

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:53 pm 
Offline
This member has been Banned

Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:18 pm
Posts: 2301
Location: Harahan LA (the burbs)
tommudd wrote:
Yes you get what you pay for thats why if you look I have the OME heavy duty springs and Rancho struts from AllJs and rear Rancho shocks from Summit Racing, best bang for the buck, By the way I did or am trying the rear springs from Rustys now (bought a used set to try) and I am sitting one inch shorter in the rear and ride is SOFT!!!!!!!!way too soft


well yeah the rear is soft compaired to the front
rustys springs are not that great when new
and are still not as stiff as the OME med springs
with the HD's you will need at least an ARB bumper and Med springs out back


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:36 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
I already have had the OME Heavy Duty rears for 35000 miles but all the talk of Rustys I bought a cheap set just to see for myself and then pass them to a friend of mine who wants to be liftd. Just wanted people to know that I love the OMEs and the rest well are not what I like :wink:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:20 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 437
Location: Rocky Top Tennessee
Anybody else?

_________________
05 Liberty 4x4, Atlantic Blue
Extended Breathers
3/4 Mopar Skids
OME Lift, 245/75/16 General Grabbers AT2, ProComp Extreme Alloys 7189
Mopar Tow Hooks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:39 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:26 pm
Posts: 239
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
I mixed and matched the lift in my sig and could not be happier. My front set-up with the OME HD coils, Rancho's and other stuff resulted in a very good ride. I also shopped around and bought from different places to save a few bucks. I think you'll be happy with an OME/Rancho combo. I'd go with the HD OME springs, but the Med's may be fine as well.

_________________
2005 KJ Renegade
2.5" Coil Lift
OME HD Coils
Front - Rancho RSX's, Rusty's strut plates, Custom 1/4" Clevis Spacer
Rear - OME-N132L shocks, Daystar bump stops
Al's Arms & Moog LBJ's
245/75/16 BFG KO's on Moabs
AMSOIL
Husky Liners
Mopar Seat Covers
Mopar Rock Rails & Skids


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com