It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Torque on Rear Diff
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:11 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:08 pm
Posts: 1645
Location: St Charles IL
I'm putting on a Rusty's rear diff cover tomorrow and while I'm at it I may change the fluid. What torque are the bolts on the rear diff?

_________________
2008 Xterra 4x4

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Gone, But not Forgotten...
2003 Sport - 'Fire Engine' Red
Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
245/75/16 Wrangler Duratracs's on Cragar Soft 8’s
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Torque on Rear Diff
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:12 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
callaway wrote:
I'm putting on a Rusty's rear diff cover tomorrow and while I'm at it I may change the fluid. What torque are the bolts on the rear diff?
30 ft-lbs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Torque on Rear Diff
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:12 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:08 pm
Posts: 1645
Location: St Charles IL
tjkj2002 wrote:
callaway wrote:
I'm putting on a Rusty's rear diff cover tomorrow and while I'm at it I may change the fluid. What torque are the bolts on the rear diff?
30 ft-lbs


Is there anything you don't know :P

thanks :D

_________________
2008 Xterra 4x4

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Gone, But not Forgotten...
2003 Sport - 'Fire Engine' Red
Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
245/75/16 Wrangler Duratracs's on Cragar Soft 8’s
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Torque on Rear Diff
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:14 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
callaway wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
callaway wrote:
I'm putting on a Rusty's rear diff cover tomorrow and while I'm at it I may change the fluid. What torque are the bolts on the rear diff?
30 ft-lbs


Is there anything you don't know :P

thanks :D
It helps with a Chilton's sitting right next to the computer and service manuals on the HD.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:03 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:49 pm
Posts: 362
Location: Michigan
you mean there is a way to change the diff cover and not change the oil? :lol:

_________________
2003 Liberty Freedom Edition
1988 Suzuki Samurai


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:55 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:06 pm
Posts: 1201
1300ZUK wrote:
you mean there is a way to change the diff cover and not change the oil? :lol:


You just stand it on its nose.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Torque on Rear Diff
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:10 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:55 am
Posts: 862
Location: Los Angeles, CA
tjkj2002 is to the 4x4 section as KY Liberty is to the 4x2 section :D If you need any more rear axle specs, check out the table at the bottom of this page :

http://www.fuzzymuzzle.com/Car/Gear_Ins ... r_8.25.htm

callaway wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
30 ft-lbs


Is there anything you don't know :P

thanks :D

_________________
Jeep Liberty Wikibook
# cd /home/fuzzymuzzle.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com