It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: You won't believe the deal I just got on MOABS/MTR's
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:38 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 501
Ok, I don't want to brag, but I'm pretty darn excited and wanted to share my good fortune.

I just got 5 used but flawless Moab rims meated with 5 used MT/R's for my Lib.


Go ahead.....ask how much I paid........






































.........Nothing! :shock: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This is one of the great things about being in the military, especially a special ops unit. We are all very tight. My friend gave them to me because he is going to the Caribbean on leave for 3 weeks with his new wife, and needed someone to watch their 3 cats. As he was dropping them off (because I was going to buy them from him) he had a conversation with my wife. He mentioned the pain of trying to find a good vet for three weeks. Because my pregnant wife just left her job to spend the next two months at home, she volunteered to do it for them. It saved them boarding costs and wife-worry because my wife loves cats, and he simply refused to take payment for the wheels and tires afterwards.

All's well that ends well. Thanks hon! I'll post pics as soon as I get back from training and can put them on. The tires aren't perfect, but I'm still very excited

_________________
2003 Jeep Liberty Freedom Edition
3.7L 5-spd 4x4, Rusty's 2.5 in. coil lift
General Grabbers AT2's 245/75-16E on MOABS
EVIC installed, iPod wired, Hella 500's and Grilles
Mopar Bike Rack, Mopar Roof Rack, Black Widow Roof Basket w/ air deflector
Draw-Tite Hitch, Front Tint, Debadged on sides and front


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:06 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:54 pm
Posts: 486
Location: Cartersville, Georgia
I don't know I think you could of got them for less!!! :lol: Congrats they look real nice on KJs

_________________
Drop what your doin, and go drive your jeep!!!!
03 Jeep Liberty Limited
4X4
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:33 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:08 pm
Posts: 512
Location: Fort Mcmurray, Alberta
Congrats! :D

_________________
**REMEMBER YOU CAN ALWAYS GET A HUMMER IN A JEEP.... YOU CAN'T GET A JEEP IN A HUMMER**
2003 Jeep Liberty(KJ) Renegade,235/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors 245/75/16 MTR's,Factory Skids, Selec-Trac,trac lock,Husky Floor Liners,OME Lift,948 rear/926 front,Rusty's strut plate,clevis 2.5 "s, Al's UCA's Gen 4.5.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:01 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:21 pm
Posts: 212
Location: Long Island
I don't know i think he gouged you on that one. Haha congrats!

_________________
2004 Silver Sport
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2681621


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:01 pm 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:18 pm
Posts: 2210
Location: Gold Coast Australia
your a lucky bugger


it was a good score

_________________
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/742957
aussie KJ Lost No#150605
3" OME lift + Rancho RS9000xl's front and rear
prototype Airflow snorkel
Magnaflow cat back
265/70R16 Hankook MTRT03 on MOABS baby
4.10's and a truetrac up front
super skinks
coming soon
a myride wireless controller


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:02 pm 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
Reminds me of when I was offered a set of graphite shaft golf club set and bag (very nice clubs) for just helping the old guy with 10 hours of online training (how to get online and use IE).

Congrats.

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:58 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:08 pm
Posts: 349
Sounds like you guys are real pals! Can't wait to see some pics of them mounted.

_________________
2006 Liberty Renegade
Daystar 1.5, 2.5 Lift
Mickey Thompson MTX 225/75 16
Surco Roof Rack
Surco Spare Tire Bike Rack
Garmin Map 76 GPS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:49 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 501
Thanks. I love this site. I will post pics just as soon as I get them. I love the stock 17 graphite on my freedom, but I think these will look great, even better if I get new mtr's.

_________________
2003 Jeep Liberty Freedom Edition
3.7L 5-spd 4x4, Rusty's 2.5 in. coil lift
General Grabbers AT2's 245/75-16E on MOABS
EVIC installed, iPod wired, Hella 500's and Grilles
Mopar Bike Rack, Mopar Roof Rack, Black Widow Roof Basket w/ air deflector
Draw-Tite Hitch, Front Tint, Debadged on sides and front


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:07 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:21 am
Posts: 1894
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Pay it forward....I love it....

_________________
Had 2005 KJ Rocky Mnt. Edition (destroyed)
Had 2006 KJ Sport 4x4
Have 2007 JK 4-dr Sahara 4x4 (tow package so stock 4.10s!!)
AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:57 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 501
2006KJSPORT4x4 wrote:
Pay it forward....I love it....


what exactly is that? Ive seen the movie, but ?

_________________
2003 Jeep Liberty Freedom Edition
3.7L 5-spd 4x4, Rusty's 2.5 in. coil lift
General Grabbers AT2's 245/75-16E on MOABS
EVIC installed, iPod wired, Hella 500's and Grilles
Mopar Bike Rack, Mopar Roof Rack, Black Widow Roof Basket w/ air deflector
Draw-Tite Hitch, Front Tint, Debadged on sides and front


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:28 am 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:18 pm
Posts: 2210
Location: Gold Coast Australia
as soon as i get my MOABS ( one day ) i was thinking of getting them painted the same graphite colour as my alloys that came on my 04 extreme sport edition

_________________
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/742957
aussie KJ Lost No#150605
3" OME lift + Rancho RS9000xl's front and rear
prototype Airflow snorkel
Magnaflow cat back
265/70R16 Hankook MTRT03 on MOABS baby
4.10's and a truetrac up front
super skinks
coming soon
a myride wireless controller


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:44 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:21 am
Posts: 1894
Location: Gilbert, AZ
When someone does something nice for you you do something equally or greater in niceness abck...your family took care of the cats, he paid it forward by giving you new rims FREE.....at least that is my understanding of it....it can be a never ending cycle...

_________________
Had 2005 KJ Rocky Mnt. Edition (destroyed)
Had 2006 KJ Sport 4x4
Have 2007 JK 4-dr Sahara 4x4 (tow package so stock 4.10s!!)
AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: pay it forward
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:54 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:42 am
Posts: 397
Yah, pass on the act of generousity like give me your old wheels for free!!! :D :D :D

Good deeds don't go unnoticed... so it sounds like your bud recognized the favour you paid him.. nice.

_________________
[_|_, [""""""]
l--- L---ollllllo-
( )_)-( )_)-o-)_) Liberator

....o_o_o_o
../| ,[_____],
|¯¯¯L--↨|||||||↨
()_)¯ ()_) ¯¯¯ )_)

(\__/)
(='.'=) <]{
(")_(")

( . )( . )

Hare on my Chest


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:44 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
Lucky! :D
I also got a set free from a local Jeeper. He saw me on another forum and asked if I knew anyone that wanted a set. I said I was interested and he said "come and get them!" I asked what he needed for them and he said "just come and get them!" I ended up hooking him up w/ some gear oil for his TJ and we were both happy.

Now as for paying it forward...... visit the following link if you should have anything you would like to offer up in the RAOK/Freebie thread.
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hp?t=19417


BTW, (not to toot my own horn but...) I am paying it forward by donating the set of tires from the rims to a local high schooler for the budget build we are doing on his XJ. I have also gathered a complete 2-3" lift, discos and a set of KJ steel wheels for him all for Free!

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:54 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:46 pm
Posts: 711
Location: Westfield, IN
Congratulations! (Tires and the new baby!)

FWIW, you probably don't want your wife around cat litter boxes, because she can contract toxoplasmosis and infect your unborn baby with severe effects like blindness or brain damage. Please be careful. Here's a link:
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasites ... smosis.htm

_________________
2003 Liberty Sport
Bright Silver Metallic
Daystar lift
General Tire Grabber AT2 245/70R16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:52 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 501
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Thanks a million

_________________
2003 Jeep Liberty Freedom Edition
3.7L 5-spd 4x4, Rusty's 2.5 in. coil lift
General Grabbers AT2's 245/75-16E on MOABS
EVIC installed, iPod wired, Hella 500's and Grilles
Mopar Bike Rack, Mopar Roof Rack, Black Widow Roof Basket w/ air deflector
Draw-Tite Hitch, Front Tint, Debadged on sides and front


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:09 pm 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:34 am
Posts: 503
Location: Richmond, CA
Fouros wrote:
as soon as i get my MOABS ( one day ) i was thinking of getting them painted the same graphite colour as my alloys that came on my 04 extreme sport edition


I think those would look cool with a dark KJ like yours. Any word on those Moabs yet?


Justin

_________________
2005 Blue KJ Renegade
Too big to fit into most LA parking garages.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:12 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 501
This is a photoshop Ive done. This is NOT my jeep...those pics are soon to follow... I'm really considering debadging mine. I love the smooth look

Image

_________________
2003 Jeep Liberty Freedom Edition
3.7L 5-spd 4x4, Rusty's 2.5 in. coil lift
General Grabbers AT2's 245/75-16E on MOABS
EVIC installed, iPod wired, Hella 500's and Grilles
Mopar Bike Rack, Mopar Roof Rack, Black Widow Roof Basket w/ air deflector
Draw-Tite Hitch, Front Tint, Debadged on sides and front


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:24 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:08 am
Posts: 225
Location: Wisconsin
Sweet deal, you'll like those wheels a lot they really get looks. Glad someone mentioned toxoplasmosis it was the first thing that jumped into my head when reading your post. Be patient with the cats they can be a trip :D

_________________
Early '02 Limited, Steel Blue, White Guts


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com