LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

left side front end clunk noise again
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21264
Page 1 of 1

Author:  KJScott [ Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:03 pm ]
Post subject:  left side front end clunk noise again

use to have the noise occasionally, now all the time. Turning at slow speed, any bump in the road, hell even going over a shadow on the road seems to make the noise. Applying the brake or not doesn't affect it, still a noise. Even coming to a stop and the nose rises back up, I get the noise. Ball joints were replaced last Nov. in the recall. HELP!!

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: left side front end clunk noise again

KJScott wrote:
use to have the noise occasionally, now all the time. Turning at slow speed, any bump in the road, hell even going over a shadow on the road seems to make the noise. Applying the brake or not doesn't affect it, still a noise. Even coming to a stop and the nose rises back up, I get the noise. Ball joints were replaced last Nov. in the recall. HELP!!
If it's a "clunk" type noise try tightining the sway bar end links.If it's a sqeak try lubing the swaybar mount(to the cradle) bushings.

Author:  Richrail [ Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:11 pm ]
Post subject:  noise

Went to the dealership for a clunk I had in my 05' Reny. The dealer replaced the rack and pinion as a warranty repair even though I was out of warranty by 5K. Solved the problem. Yahoo. back on the road again.

Author:  callaway [ Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

i had a clunk/grind noise coming from the front left wheel area when applying the brakes and sometimes when driving normally - turns out i lost a bolt on the front left brake caliper and it was crooked/loose and was the source of my noise.

Author:  psinsyd [ Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yep, seems like there are many things that can cause the dreaded clunk in the front end.

I had a grinding sound/feel coming from the front end and also a thump/clunk that would change speed with moving speed. So, pulled the front driveshaft and that seems to have cured the clunking, but the rubbing/grinding sound and feel are still there. KJ's got an appointment with the stealership tomorrow. I'll update my "pulling the front driveshaft tomorrow" thread as soon as I have an update.

8)

Author:  Dje Ryu [ Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:22 am ]
Post subject: 

My guess would be the sway-bar end-links, as well. I'm on my second set... thinking about trying to get the dealership to replace them one last time before my warranty is completely expired 'cause mine is clunking again, as well. on the left, also. The entire sway-bar seems to have worked over to the driver's side about an inch, again. :roll:

Author:  KJScott [ Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:30 am ]
Post subject: 

I will check out that sway bar Saturday, thanks everyone, will post an update

Author:  KJScott [ Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:41 am ]
Post subject: 

yep the sway bar has worked its way to the drivers side. I used a pry bar to slide it back the the right and much less noise. I still have the clunk noise when I first leave a parking lot, turning the wheel, noise is coming from front. Noise goes away soon. Thinking maybe CV joint or wheel bearing??? 70K miles on the truck.

Author:  KJ04 [ Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

KJScott wrote:
yep the sway bar has worked its way to the drivers side. I used a pry bar to slide it back the the right and much less noise. I still have the clunk noise when I first leave a parking lot, turning the wheel, noise is coming from front. Noise goes away soon. Thinking maybe CV joint or wheel bearing??? 70K miles on the truck.


But did you actually tighten anything, sway bar, sway bar end links upper and lower :?:

Author:  KJScott [ Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:46 am ]
Post subject: 

No, I will do that tonight. :lol:

Author:  Jeep Dawg [ Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

I have some what the same problem, but the clunking noise only happends whle in 4wheel hi and LO

not sure what it might be. 91k on the rig

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/